BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 20, 2013 4:04 pm  #1741

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Well normally I would have seen all the chat on twitter etc...but I was elsewhere, yesterday!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 23, 2013 2:14 pm  #1742

I'm almost unneccessarily excited about Sherlock's new red shirt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 23, 2013 3:08 pm  #1743

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I'm almost unneccessarily excited about Sherlock's new red shirt.

I consider your excitment very neccessary.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 23, 2013 4:21 pm  #1744

Provided they go with his clothing. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 23, 2013 4:28 pm  #1745

Looking at the on-set photos, I can't see a tie pin or cufflinks on him...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 23, 2013 4:50 pm  #1746

I wonder what best man present they gave Sherlock?  He had a small box on his place setting.

Last edited by sj4iy (September 23, 2013 4:51 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

September 23, 2013 5:00 pm  #1747

Oh god, we are down to cufflinks

Nothing much new going on right now spoiler-wise...in other words dear Messrs. Moffat and Gatiss it is high time for another trailer!!!!
We may be "the fandom, who waited", who is still waiting in fact,  but we could do with another incentive I would say.

May I bring back one of my favourite scenes from the filming of S3 so far:
Mary and Sherlock sprinting towards the bonfire to get to John before he is being burned to a crisp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krR3siZXav8

(well together with the one of Sherlock and Mary standing outside the Kebab shop after John is done head butting Sherlock)

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

September 23, 2013 5:15 pm  #1748

Yep, I love these scenes too!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 23, 2013 5:37 pm  #1749

Yep, you are absolutely right, Swanpride.

I think I will be really spooked by the bonfire scene. Imagine John dressed up as an effigy trying to convince that child, that he is actually alive and real and needs to be taken off the fire. I wonder how Sherlock will come to know which bonfire John ends up being stuck in, or how he deduces John will end up in one of the fires at all...

As for the reuninon, "that doesn't go as planned", someone - I really don't know any more if it was here, sorry - said that maybe John was at this posh restaurant with Mary because he intended to propose to her, and Sherlock also manages to spoil this by breaking it to Mary before John manages to get it out. It would be a lot like Sherlock and I would love to see that!

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

September 23, 2013 6:11 pm  #1750

I don't think they meet at the Daffodil, myself.  I think something else happens there, John gets kicked out and Sherlock doesn't reveal himself until the kebab shop.  I don't think John will be fully conscious in the bonfire because he was drugged up, but maybe he's moaning or something and it gets the girl's attention.  He's actually UNDERNEATH the wood, because Sherlock has to dig him out of the fire.  Plus people would probably notice a real man burning to death on top of a bonfire ;)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

September 23, 2013 6:41 pm  #1751

sj4iy wrote:

I don't think they meet at the Daffodil, myself.  I think something else happens there, John gets kicked out and Sherlock doesn't reveal himself until the kebab shop.  I don't think John will be fully conscious in the bonfire because he was drugged up, but maybe he's moaning or something and it gets the girl's attention.  He's actually UNDERNEATH the wood, because Sherlock has to dig him out of the fire.  Plus people would probably notice a real man burning to death on top of a bonfire ;)

Well, no they won't come face to face at the Daffodil, I know. If John intends to propose to Mary, I don't think he will get this far in the restaurant, as they get kicked out there before they even eat. So maybe at the Kebab shop, we will see

As for the bonfire, there is a casting description out there on the internet where they were looking for a father (age 35 to 50), who isn't very patient with his daughter when she tries to tell him, that the effigy on the bonfire is alive and telling her that he wants to get off the fire and asks her to help him, and let's face it, this would be quite a perfectly dramatic moment. So, this sounds to me very much like he maybe is conscious (albeit still under the influence of the drugs he had been given when he was abducted) for a short while before the fire is actually lit. It also corresponds with the shocked and screaming girl we got to see in the last trailer the BBC released.

Last edited by the_dancing_woman (September 23, 2013 6:45 pm)

September 23, 2013 6:42 pm  #1752

the_dancing_woman wrote:

Nothing much new going on right now spoiler-wise...in other words dear Messrs. Moffat and Gatiss it is high time for another trailer!!!!
We may be "the fandom, who waited", who is still waiting in fact,  but we could do with another incentive I would say.

I was wondering just recently how likely it is that they will give us another trailer at all. I really don't know how the BBC usually does this, on German television we usually don't have trailers like that at all (which might have to do with the fact that we don't have anything compareable to Sherlock). So, is it likely they will give us something new in the near future?

Last edited by SolarSystem (September 23, 2013 6:43 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 23, 2013 6:51 pm  #1753

the_dancing_woman wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

Well, no they won't come face to face at the Daffodil, I know. If John intends to propose to Mary, I don't think he will get this far in the restaurant, as they get kicked out there before they even eat. So maybe at the Kebab shop, we will see

As for the bonfire, there is a casting description out there on the internet where they were looking for a father (age 35 to 50), who isn't very patient with his daughter when she tries to tell him, that the effigy on the bonfire is alive and telling her that he wants to get off the fire and asks her to help him, and let's face it, this would be quite a perfectly dramatic moment. So, this sounds to me very much like he maybe is conscious (albeit still under the influence of the drugs he had been given when he was abducted) for a short while before the fire is actually lit. It also corresponds with the shocked and screaming girl we got to see in the last trailer the BBC released.

I've read the casting description, but the description from the people who were there at the bonfire (as well as pictures and video) clearly show Sherlock digging someout from underneath the fire, not on top.  People would have been able to tell the difference between an effigy and an unconscious man on top of the fire before they lit it- but if you bury him under the fire, no one knows.  The little probably tells her dad that she sees a man in the fire, but he makes the mistake of thinking she's talking about the effigy instead of John.  That's my guess as to the situation.

September 23, 2013 6:51 pm  #1754

SolarSystem wrote:

So, is it likely they will give us something new in the near future?

I consider this probable. With the air date coming closer they will give us more specific trailers for the first and afterwards the next two episodes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 23, 2013 6:53 pm  #1755

tobeornot221b wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

So, is it likely they will give us something new in the near future?

I consider this probable. With the air date coming closer they will give us more specific trailers for the first and afterwards the next two episodes.

It probably won't come as a surprise, but somehow I was hoping for that answer.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 23, 2013 6:53 pm  #1756

I found this here on YT but I have no idea when they were broadcast. Nice idea about the anagrams. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOkLuk3Nx4Q

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 23, 2013 6:58 pm  #1757

SolarSystem wrote:

the_dancing_woman wrote:

I was wondering just recently how likely it is that they will give us another trailer at all. I really don't know how the BBC usually does this, on German television we usually don't have trailers like that at all (which might have to do with the fact that we don't have anything compareable to Sherlock). So, is it likely they will give us something new in the near future?

Yes, that's right, we will beg Moffat and Gatiss to tease us mercilessly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 23, 2013 6:58 pm  #1758

Oh yes, I remember those! They were broadcast some weeks prior to the episodes back in winter 2011.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 23, 2013 7:09 pm  #1759

tonnaree wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

the_dancing_woman wrote:

Yes, that's right, we will beg Moffat and Gatiss to tease us mercilessly.

Sounds good to me! 

-------------------------------------------------------

September 23, 2013 7:14 pm  #1760

the_dancing_woman wrote:

Oh god, we are down to cufflinks

May I bring back one of my favourite scenes from the filming of S3 so far:
Mary and Sherlock sprinting towards the bonfire to get to John before he is being burned to a crisp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krR3siZXav8

(well together with the one of Sherlock and Mary standing outside the Kebab shop after John is done head butting Sherlock)

Haha! A very strong sign that much of the Sherlock fandom really is starving for new spoilery material to discuss, analyze and generally obsess over! ...I just hope we don't have to wait too much longer for new stuff, or I'm fairly certain what little sanity I possess will be a thing of the past 

Oh and yeah! Those are great scenes, can't wait to see them in the episodes themselves!  In the video Sherlock sounds particularly desperate to reach that bonfire...damn I'm getting teary already!

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (September 23, 2013 7:17 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

Board footera