BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 17, 2013 5:18 pm  #1681

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Mary Me wrote:

Well, I'm not cancelling anything, I only have to decide what to put in the first place. If I'm not going on that trip around New Year, then I will do so in my easter holidays.
For me, there has never been a problem with coordinating Sherlock and my real life.
I have the luck to see my family every day and to have the chance to meet with friends whenever I feel like it. If I make plans, regardless of who's involved, then I stick to them. And my current plan is to watch Sherlock on some day in the new year, what could be possibly wrong with that. 

As long as it all works out for everyone, then there's nothing wrong with it at all  

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

September 17, 2013 5:19 pm  #1682

I generally count myself among the more sensible people, really, but not being able to watch "Sherlock" 3 when it finally airs or at least shortly afterwards, would cause me a bit of distress to be honest. To me it is more than just a TV series, since it has brought me back into the whole Sherlockian world!
This doesn't mean I am a heartless person who would drop family and friends just to see it, but  I simply want no unnecessary interferences on that night. Unless someone is on fire or actively bleeding, leave me alone.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

September 17, 2013 5:19 pm  #1683

There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, Mary! Even if you were with your family and friends I think they would happily let you watch your favourite, highly anticipated TV show. What are just 90 minutes?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 17, 2013 5:22 pm  #1684

See I just want to be at home, preferably on my own! 
As it it, I think I may be travelling back from Milan!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 17, 2013 5:27 pm  #1685

I will clarify:

I have a friend who is NOTORIOUS for not coming to engagements she promised to come to.  She was supposed to come over and help me with my child's birthday party, and she canceled on me at the last minute so she could go bowling instead.  It pissed me off, and rightly so.  And she's done it to me so often I now never bother asking her over, because she always blows me off for something stupid.  I also had another friend who canceled a trip we were supposed to go on because she wanted to go to a party.  I just can't stand it when people don't have their priorities straight.  If there is no fixed engagement, then I see nothing wrong with being flexible to watch the series premiere of a show...however, I have been dumped on enough that I would never do it to someone else if there IS a fixed engagement.  I wasn't trying to imply that you are doing that, I was just stating it from the dumpee's POV when there is a fixed engagement.

Last edited by sj4iy (September 17, 2013 5:29 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

September 17, 2013 5:31 pm  #1686

sj4iy wrote:

I will clarify:

I have a friend who is NOTORIOUS for not coming to engagements she promised to come to.  She was supposed to come over and help me with my child's birthday party, and she canceled on me at the last minute so she could go bowling instead.  It pissed me off, and rightly so.  And she's done it to me so often I now never bother asking her over, because she always blows me off for something stupid.  I also had another friend who canceled a trip we were supposed to go on because she wanted to go to a party.  I just can't stand it when people don't have their priorities straight.  If there is no fixed engagement, then I see nothing wrong with being flexible to watch the series premiere of a show...however, I have been dumped on enough that I would never do it to someone else if there IS a fixed engagement.  I wasn't trying to imply that you are doing that, I was just stating it from the dumpee's POV when there is a fixed engagement.

Ah, totally understandable.  That's just inconsiderate and rude.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 17, 2013 5:38 pm  #1687

Yeah, I'm totally with you in that point. That's not okay, nobody should act like this. 

Last edited by Mary Me (September 17, 2013 5:38 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

September 17, 2013 6:53 pm  #1688

And boy do we need something new to talk about!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 17, 2013 7:11 pm  #1689

Mary Me wrote:

I really need to have a date. I have to know how to plan my holidays. If it airs around the first january, then I can't go skiing in france. At the moment, I don't know whether to book the trip or not. Please, Sherlock production team, hurry on! 

I would have to question your ability to ski if you go very soon after it has aired. I know that my head will be in the clouds for a long time after. I expect people will be talking to me and I won't be able to concentrate with my head full of Sherlock x

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

September 17, 2013 7:16 pm  #1690

That's true. Good that my class is obsessed with Sherlock, too. I will probably spend the entire next day telling them what happened in S3E1.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 17, 2013 7:41 pm  #1691

We have a member in our family who is addicted to a series that airs every sunday evening - since decades.
(For our German members: I'm talking about Lindenstrasse.)
He would never miss one of the episodes. When he is invited to a party he starts searching for a tv screen in time so he can watch it. But he prefers staying at home at that time.
IF I am addicted to this kind of series, airing once a week, I watch it when I'm at home, but if I'm invited or want to meet a friend, I can skip or record it. Friends come first. The series I can watch later or skip an episode.

With Sherlock it's different. It's one episode (fine, three altogether) and  I would never make a fixed appointment until I know the date of the airing!!! Sherlock comes first. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 17, 2013 7:49 pm  #1692

Mattlocked wrote:

With Sherlock it's different. It's one episode (fine, three altogether) and I would never make a fixed appointment until I know the date of the airing!!! Sherlock comes first.

Same here. We're talking about three episodes, and there have been no new episodes in, I dunno, 18 months...? And there probably won't be any new episodes in at least a year. So I will celebrate this when it airs, and I will enjoy it.
But of course to each his or her own. I just won't be able to wait just one second longer than absolutely necessary, I'm too weak.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 17, 2013 8:07 pm  #1693

Swanpride wrote:

Honestly, Lindenstrasse?

Oh, I also have a friend who is still watching this every single sunday. There still seems to be a respectable fan base.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 17, 2013 8:31 pm  #1694

Well, I'm predicting it's going to be January 1st as well. And I won't need to cancel plans because pretty much everywhere has a TV. Even if I'm round at my relatives for Christmas/New Year or staying in a hotel like we sometimes do, there'll still be a TV and when it comes on I will sneak off and watch it. I really don't want to watch it with other people around, so I'm hoping there is more than one TV available so I can go to a private room. In all honesty, if it's New Year's Day, I'll probably be at my parent's, in which case they'll want to watch it too, but I still want to watch it in a different room. I NEED TO BE ALONE TO WATCH IT

I wouldn't CANCEL any plans, but plans for festive holidays etc generally tend to get made fairly well in advance. I'm hoping we have an air date by the time anyone is making plans for Christmas, and even if they don't, if my parents suddenly said to me now, "we're thinking of going abroad for Christmas and New Year", I would definitely just outright say NOPE. YOU GO. I'M STAYING HERE. IAMNOTSORRY

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 17, 2013 8:34 pm  #1695

Yeah see I may be abroad...well, I return 1 Jan.
But I have to see my little boy.
Haven't seen him since he emigrated, months ago.

September 17, 2013 8:38 pm  #1696

besleybean wrote:

Yeah see I may be abroad...well, I return 1 Jan.
But I have to see my little boy.
Haven't seen him since he emigrated, months ago.

Aww, I hope you get to see him soon.

September 17, 2013 8:40 pm  #1697

26 December, to be precise!
Oh and I say little boy...he's 23!

September 17, 2013 9:33 pm  #1698

They're always little to their parents

September 17, 2013 9:40 pm  #1699

Well, now I am curious.

@all other German members: How are you going to watch series 3? Is there a BBC internet channel or do you need a special satellie reciever? So far I assumed there is no possibility to watch BBC outside of the UK. But obviously I am wrong.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

September 18, 2013 4:14 am  #1700

I will most likely watch it via filmon.com on the internet. I am very concerned about using only legal methods to watch it, and this seems to be one.

Thanks to the one who showed it to me!

Last edited by Schmiezi (September 18, 2013 4:41 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera