BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 21, 2013 12:42 pm  #141

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

KeepersPrice wrote:

Every day is a gamble. I could be hit by a bus before the next series. I can't wait to know. Boss, I just PM'd you.

That's how I feel XD

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 21, 2013 3:11 pm  #142

Seriously, if there was a serial killer attempting to kill me I would say "No, you can't, series 3 of Sherlock hasn't aired yet" and just walk away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 21, 2013 3:25 pm  #143

Mary Me wrote:

Seriously, if there was a serial killer attempting to kill me I would say "No, you can't, series 3 of Sherlock hasn't aired yet" and just walk away.

Haha ...it really is awesome to be among my fellow Sherlock obsessed kin, I just love it here 

-------------------------------------------------------

July 21, 2013 3:52 pm  #144

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

Haha ...it really is awesome to be among my fellow Sherlock obsessed kin, I just love it here 

Absolutely! Or maybe I would just leave an angry note in german. RACHE would do. Literally this time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 21, 2013 8:08 pm  #145

sj4iy wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Just notice I have achived the level of John'sArmy.  

Ridiculously proud.  

I should probably be worried about how quickly I reached the level I'm at :D

I shudder to think what level I would be on if I didn't actually have a day job.  And not being allowed to post from work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 21, 2013 8:14 pm  #146

My level. Because this is exactly my "problem". My day job is at home and I am my own boss. Look at me. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 22, 2013 9:28 am  #147

Haha, I have to say I was impressed by the amount of people who inundated me for spoiler requests. Well done guys. None of you have any self control anymore.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 22, 2013 9:30 am  #148

Thanks to Moftiss we are a sorry bunch. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 22, 2013 10:03 am  #149

Nothing wrong with wanting to keep abreast of matters!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 22, 2013 10:33 am  #150

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Yeah, I heard the audio too and you did a really good job of transcribing it btw.

It was...oh my God, I can't quite put it into words. I kind of felt like it wasn't actually real at some points...weird stuff. Kind of sceptical. Just don't want them to make the show into some kind of fan fic where Sherlock and John are caricatures of themselves. :/

My thoughts exactly. I don't know what to think about it. It's odd. Between fanfiction and sitcom. Maybe because of the screaming fans. Sherlock's accent sounds a bit too posh IMO, don't you think? Can't say what it is.

I read that Sue Vertue wants people to delete the audio from youtube.
Why on earth show the clip at all when you are not prepared to publish it?  It is not realistic to believe that nobody will post it. And the quality is bad naturally on youtube. It was probably a bad idea to show the clip. Reminds me of Sue Vertue wishing that nobody takes pictures from the set. In vain obviously. 

I guess that they will become more obvious with clues and pattern in series 3 to provide the information they want to share, but I really hope "Sherlock" won't drift into silly and ridiculous fanfiction. 

July 22, 2013 10:39 am  #151

Tho a bit of human realism would be nice.
Real life male friends are much more demonstrably affectionate towards each other, than Sherlock and John  are.
Canon Holmes and Watson are much more physically affectionate with each other than our boys.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 22, 2013 11:47 am  #152

SusiGo wrote:

My level. Because this is exactly my "problem". My day job is at home and I am my own boss. Look at me. 

You give me something to aspire to Susi!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 22, 2013 12:36 pm  #153

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Haha, I have to say I was impressed by the amount of people who inundated me for spoiler requests. Well done guys. None of you have any self control anymore.

Nope, none at all! 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (July 22, 2013 12:37 pm)

July 22, 2013 1:06 pm  #154

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Nope, none at all! 

And we are not even ashamed of it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 22, 2013 1:06 pm  #155

Be wrote:

I guess that they will become more obvious with clues and pattern in series 3 to provide the information they want to share, but I really hope "Sherlock" won't drift into silly and ridiculous fanfiction. 

I honestly wouldn't worry about that, Gatiss and Moffat are far too brilliant as writers to let such a thing happen, and you also always have to consider the fact, that probably not many writers love a bit of a streak of horror in their stories more than Gatiss does. He has a very obvious preference for dark(-er) stories, which I love.
So I think we will get a good mixture of funny and scary, warm feelings of affection and a certain coldness, which is what makes "Sherlock" (and the original stories) so special in my eyes, to have this roller coaster of emotions in each episode. I also don't think that Martin and Benedict would want to keep on doing it if it turned into a mere fun sitcom or fan fiction. I wouldn't make too much of that happy and sweet moment being presented to fans as a treat. The last series ended on such a dark and depressing note, I think they felt they had to show something to counter balance.

But, I guess we are all just getting more nervous about series 3 as time goes by, or is it just me??? 

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

July 22, 2013 1:11 pm  #156

the_dancing_woman wrote:

Be wrote:

I honestly wouldn't worry about that, Gatiss and Moffat are far too brilliant as writers to let such a thing happen, and you also always have to consider the fact, that probably not many writers love a bit of a streak of horror in their stories more than Gatiss does. He has a very obvious preference for dark(-er) stories, which I love.
So I think we will get a good mixture of funny and scary, warm feelings of affection and a certain coldness, which is what makes "Sherlock" (and the original stories) so special in my eyes, to have this roller coaster of emotions in each episode. I also don't think that Martin and Benedict would want to keep on doing it if it turned into a mere fun sitcom or fan fiction. I wouldn't make too much of that happy and sweet moment being presented to fans as a treat. The last series ended on such a dark and depressing note, I think they felt they had to show something to counter balance.

But, I guess we are all just getting more nervous about series 3 as time goes by, or is it just me??? 

Agreed! Here you go *hands out epic post medal* 

July 22, 2013 1:23 pm  #157

the_dancing_woman wrote:

Be wrote:

You are right. We need some funny scenes after TRF. And the gap between series 2 und 3 is too long. We are getting more and more nervous about series 3 untill we imagine some horror scenarios.

July 22, 2013 1:29 pm  #158

On the contrary.  
Because of hearing, reading and seeing all of the spoilers, I feel much happier abour S3.
I mean we know it's gonna be a tear jerked ending, that's Steven for you...well ok it was Thompson last time. But Mark and Steven will oversee anyway.
I thought it was interesting at Comic Com that Mark said in future they will not be writing any series endings that require re-filming.  As they've done that twice now!
But I hope we'll get some laughs along the way!

July 22, 2013 1:36 pm  #159

besleybean wrote:

On the contrary.  
Because of hearing, reading and seeing all of the spoilers, I feel much happier abour S3.
I mean we know it's gonna be a tear jerked ending, that's Steven for you...well ok it was Thompson last time. But Mark and Steven will oversee anyway.
I thought it was interesting at Comic Com that Mark said in future they will not be writing any series endings that require re-filming.  As they've done that twice now!
But I hope we'll get some laughs along the way!

I'm quite pleased with what we know about series 3 so far too (spoilers and all) , I'm mostly nervous because of this...ending they keep taunting us with , but however heart-wrenching it is, I believe in the amazing writing of Moffat, and Gatiss and Thompson...the humour, the heart-break, the sadness, the joy, the drama, the cleverness, etc...all of it is what makes Sherlock special 

July 22, 2013 1:46 pm  #160

Just listened to the audio clip...oh my God!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

Board footera