BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 19, 2013 1:25 pm  #81

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Yeah, I heard the audio too and you did a really good job of transcribing it btw.

It was...oh my God, I can't quite put it into words. I kind of felt like it wasn't actually real at some points...weird stuff. Kind of sceptical. Just don't want them to make the show into some kind of fan fic where Sherlock and John are caricatures of themselves. :/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 19, 2013 1:28 pm  #82

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Yeah, I heard the audio too and you did a really good job of transcribing it btw.

It was...oh my God, I can't quite put it into words. I kind of felt like it wasn't actually real at some points...weird stuff. Kind of sceptical. Just don't want them to make the show into some kind of fan fic where Sherlock and John are caricatures of themselves. :/

This is also my secret fear. But we should have faith in Moftiss. I think that extract was kind of the only "fan fic like" thing and this is why they showed it to the fans. 

Oh, god help us when the first trailers will air.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 19, 2013 1:28 pm  #83

Oh no if you read(versions of) the transcript catrefully, it's all good...wait and see!
Trust the wtting.,..it's all fine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 19, 2013 2:02 pm  #84

I don't think it's too sappy...it's simply addressing something that we all know but Sherlock doesn't- that he's John's best friend.  He's such a lonely man, and he's admitted that John was his best friend- but perhaps he was too afraid to admit that it could be the other way around.  Moffat said earlier in the panel that Sherlock likes to think of himself as a sociopath to make it easier for him to disconnect from others- he's not comfortable talking to people, and he can get way with more things if people think that he's incapable of being social.  However, meeting Moriarty makes him realize that he's not a real sociopath.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 19, 2013 4:31 pm  #85

Where can I hear this audio? I need this in my life....

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

July 19, 2013 4:43 pm  #86

nicbooful wrote:

Where can I hear this audio? I need this in my life....

Just look up Sherlock Comic Con on YouTube.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 19, 2013 4:56 pm  #87

I listened and I squealed!!

July 19, 2013 4:59 pm  #88

I was hyperventilating and I nearly fainted, but I'm okay now...

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 19, 2013 5:15 pm  #89

I haven't heard the audio but I think the transcript reads very well and very true to the quirky style of the characters and the show. I hope it's for real.  I know we can trust the team (actors, director, writers) that it's just one part of a brilliant script and serves to further advance the relationship between Sherlock and John without being overly maudlin. I have no fear that this is the stuff of fan-fic - but rather just the right touch of 'sentiment' for these two characters to show each other. It may not be a real but I'd be happy if it were.  In it John says he loves Sherlock and there's also a hug! Come'on! I would definitely have a lot of wishes fulfilled with this scene! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 19, 2013 5:21 pm  #90

It's more than I had hoped for, to be honest. There are all sorts of love and John using the word in connection with Sherlock is really wonderful. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 19, 2013 5:22 pm  #91

Provided that there is an actual hug,  I wonder if this hug may be the first between them - and not - as would be expected - in connection with the reunion in "The Empty Hearse".

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 19, 2013 7:05 pm  #92

I doubt there'll be much hugging in Empty Hearse.

July 19, 2013 7:07 pm  #93

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I doubt there'll be much hugging in Empty Hearse.

Headbutting, drugging, motorcycle riding and dragging from fires, there will be plenty

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

July 19, 2013 7:19 pm  #94

Just found a detailed description of the scene here:
http://moriarty.tumblr.com/post/55846215001/detailed-summary-of-the-special-scene-of-sherlock

(dont't read, if you don't want any details)

Sorry, folks, for being a poor sport, but there is no hug in the scene .
Well, I still hope for a hug in the first episode or maybe somewhen during the wedding.

I'm also quite unsure, what to think of the scene and the whole episode 2. I hope there will be some kind of crime or other case for Sherlock and John during the episode and not just the wedding as major part. That would really be a kind of soap opera. But I have faith in Moftiss .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

July 19, 2013 7:49 pm  #95

Omg, I can't waaaaait!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wall had it coming.

July 19, 2013 8:25 pm  #96

They should just release this scene to the world now it's description is out. OMG....we need this....

July 19, 2013 8:35 pm  #97

We're getting it,Jan probably!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 19, 2013 8:50 pm  #98

Heh, I like the eyeball more XD

July 19, 2013 9:04 pm  #99

HAHA YES! The eyeball thing is SOOOO much better. Thank God.

July 19, 2013 9:04 pm  #100

How badly do you think John was dreading that speech?

Board footera