BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 19, 2013 1:56 am  #61

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Gretel wrote:

They hug? They HUG?

Color me skeptical.

Like I said, I've only heard the audio, so I'm going by what others have said about what happened in the scene.  The audience was just about screaming "OH MY GOD" at that point, so I can believe it.  

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 19, 2013 2:39 am  #62

sj4iy wrote:

Gretel wrote:

They hug? They HUG?

Color me skeptical.

Like I said, I've only heard the audio, so I'm going by what others have said about what happened in the scene.  The audience was just about screaming "OH MY GOD" at that point, so I can believe it.  

Oh, it's not that I disbelieve that they do it, I'm just fairly uncertain about how well it will work. But Moffniss have surprised me before, so I'm keeping an open mind. :-)

"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking, but usually it's subtext."

July 19, 2013 2:41 am  #63

Gretel wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

Gretel wrote:

They hug? They HUG?

Color me skeptical.

Oh, it's not that I disbelieve that they do it, I'm just fairly uncertain about how well it will work. But Moffniss have surprised me before, so I'm keeping an open mind. :-)

I have a feeling that if they do hug, it will be awkward and uncertain XD  I just want to know what contraption he's come up with to make tea, lol.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

July 19, 2013 4:49 am  #64

Oh, thank you for posting this, sj4!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 19, 2013 4:52 am  #65

Schmiezi wrote:

Oh, thank you for posting this, sj4!

Yes, big thanks - although that's almost too much for my early morning!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 19, 2013 6:18 am  #66

I'm going back to bed. You just killed me, sj! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 19, 2013 7:25 am  #67

Yes I too listened to the slightly illegal twitcast!
What an amazing experience.
I certainly feel happer about series 3 now.
I think I will only have to deal with the mundane issue of not being able to stand weddings and thinking they are lazy TV.

Last edited by besleybean (July 19, 2013 7:26 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 19, 2013 7:37 am  #68

Oh my god oh my god oh my god. That was waaaay too much for this morning!!!! 
I'm done. Absolutely DONE. Meet me on the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 19, 2013 7:39 am  #69

Nice to see you down here, Mary. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 19, 2013 8:59 am  #70

Oh myyy goood, I've already informed my fellow Sherlockians on school. 

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 19, 2013 9:22 am  #71

Some news about S3 ep. 3 from a current interview with Benedict:

"I just got the script, and it’s another early birthday present, because it is amazing. I don’t want to hype it too much, because we haven’t made it yet, but what a script! Steven Moffat is brilliant. I come back from Ibiza to prep for it, and so we shoot in about a week and a half’s time. We shot the first two already, and then we had to break for Martin [Freeman] to do some pickups and things for The Hobbit, and for myself to do some Smaug-ing. That’s all done now. So we’re onSherlock for four weeks, into early September. So it’s a good time, I tell you. It’s a very, very exciting time to be me. I’m really lucky. I think the plane might be taking off without me, so I have to go! [Laughs.]"

http://www.vulture.com/2013/07/benedict-cumberbatch-emmy-nomination-interview.html

July 19, 2013 9:40 am  #72

Sorry, but I just found the audio clip. Is there a comparative form of 'dead'?
I just sobbed into my dad's jumper. Again. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 19, 2013 9:48 am  #73

Dead, deader, deadest. 

July 19, 2013 9:49 am  #74

Help me. I'm hyperventilating. I will appreciate Benedict's birthday properly when I'm normal again.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 19, 2013 10:08 am  #75

Am I actually the only one who thinks that the audio clip sounded like a soap opera? 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 19, 2013 10:23 am  #76

More like a sitcom!
The gasps and cries and squees of the audience...you would have thought Sherlock and John were s...ing- and I don't mean sleeping!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 19, 2013 10:33 am  #77

Yeah, I actually meant sitcom. Thanks, besley. 
I still can't believe it... I'm sooo looking forward to the new series but at the same time I'm extremely afraid. I just khan't. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 19, 2013 10:43 am  #78

See I feel so much happier now.
I mean I think the end of serie 3 cliffhanger maybe heartbreaking..!

Last edited by besleybean (July 19, 2013 12:06 pm)

July 19, 2013 11:28 am  #79

I don't think it was a soap opera...I loved how they overlaid Sherlock's speech with how John asked him. Especially the "I realized I had said none of that out loud" bit.  Even after everything they had been through together, Sherlock never realizes (or maybe he doesn't dare hope) that he is John's best friend. 

July 19, 2013 11:42 am  #80

And I'm glad that I can cause so much hyperventilation first thing in the morning ^^  I was watching the twitcast as it happened, so I didn't realize that it would be there (I was also recording it), so I was able to strip the audio of that clip out of it.  It's hard to hear several parts because of the audience screaming, but that's fine.  We get to see it in full come this winter ^^

Board footera