BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 15, 2013 9:49 pm  #741

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

kittykat wrote:

As I understand it, the BBC can't give a release date until all three episodes have been filmed and handed in, right? And it takes a month to film an episode?

So if they started on July 29th, it'll be around the same date this month when they finish. Then there's the editing and scoring, so maybe the BBC will have it by mid to late September? Possible late October airdate? Maybe for my birthday!

So far, everyone's been saying around Christmas or New Year's.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 15, 2013 9:57 pm  #742

But that's ages away!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 15, 2013 10:03 pm  #743

Well, they not only have to score the episodes, they have to do post production, as well.  And of course, the BBC may decide that they'd rather show Sherlock at Christmas time in order to garner the most amount of hype.

Last edited by sj4iy (August 15, 2013 10:14 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

August 15, 2013 10:13 pm  #744

*sulks*

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 15, 2013 10:43 pm  #745

sj4iy wrote:

Well, they not only have to score the episodes, they have to do post production, as well.  And of course, the BBC may decide that they'd rather show Sherlock at Christmas time in order to garner the most amount of hype.

Well, score and post-produduction for the first two episodes seems to be finished by now. So it shouldn't take more than 4 - 6 weeks time for finishing the post-production of episode 3.

Wouldn't it be more reasonable to show the new series in October/November? First, there was the rerun of the old episodes and the trailer just recently. So every new viewer to the series should be kept in line by making the gap between the old and the new episodes as short as possible. Secondly, TV release in October/November enables the DVD release in December, perfect for Christmas sales and a cross-publicity-effect with the new Hobbit movie.

Well, I am no marketing-expert, my assumptions are more or less wishful thinking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

August 15, 2013 10:47 pm  #746

stoertebeker wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

Well, score and post-produduction for the first two episodes seems to be finished by now. So it shouldn't take more than 4 - 6 weeks time for finishing the post-production of episode 3.

Wouldn't it be more reasonable to show the new series in October/November? First, there was the rerun of the old episodes and the trailer just recently. So every new viewer to the series should be kept in line by making the gap between the old and the new episodes as short as possible. Secondly, TV release in October/November enables the DVD release in December, perfect for Christmas sales and a cross-publicity-effect with the new Hobbit movie.

Well, I am no marketing-expert, my assumptions are more or less wishful thinking.

I'm simply repeating what the people involved have said.  Benedict Cumberbatch has said on more than one occasion that they are looking at a release date of around "The end of this year or the beginning of the next".

August 15, 2013 10:48 pm  #747

I think you're right about the Hobbit thing. So looking forward to that scene now!

August 15, 2013 10:54 pm  #748

As I said, just wishful thinking (because I don't want to wait much longer  ).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

August 15, 2013 10:57 pm  #749

Me neither

August 16, 2013 5:37 am  #750

Relrease has always been on the cards for Decemeber/Janurary, as far as I'm concerned...
They don't finish filming til next month, so Sue certainly wion't be hnding the tape to the BBC before then, possibly into October..So we'll be lucky if it's earlier than that time frame..

Last edited by besleybean (August 16, 2013 6:15 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 16, 2013 6:02 am  #751

besleybean wrote:

Relrease has always been on the cards for Decemebr/Janurary, as far as I'm concerned...

And they will officially stick to that release date until they actually know when it is going to air. But I don't think they will postpone it any further as suggested somewhere above. Shooting should be finished in September, and with post production and all Christmas seems very likely, maybe a little earlier.

Sounds far off, right, but there will be a lot of teasing in the next few months! I am certain they will do what they can to get people (even more) excited about it and also bring the show back to those who are not part of the fandom, so I think we will get to see quite a bit of Sherlock this autumn, and I am really looking forward to that 

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

August 16, 2013 12:21 pm  #752

We should keep an eye on any show that has celebrity guests, just in case the boys appear for promotion. Especially since the next Hobbit movie is out in December. Like Graham Norton, the One Show etc.

August 16, 2013 12:34 pm  #753

Going by the crazy unproportional countdown Sherlockology made up to "help" promote the preview with less than 30 seconds I think nobody will miss the next promotional steps anyway.

August 16, 2013 12:37 pm  #754

Yeah, that's true! I wonder if we can make it break again when Series 3 is broadcast?

August 16, 2013 3:15 pm  #755

So we have to wait till Christmas? just 4 months to wait....with many promotionals in between....it will not be so hard (try to convince herself!)

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

August 16, 2013 3:39 pm  #756

I honestly don't know now.
Sue's denial of the latest rumour seems a little half hearted compared to usual...but she can't know yet?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 17, 2013 1:53 am  #757

"Sounds far off, right, but there will be a lot of teasing in the next few months! I am certain they will do what they can to get people (even more) excited about it and also bring the show back to those who are not part of the fandom, so I think we will get to see quite a bit of Sherlock this autumn, and I am really looking forward to that ."

"More excited"?  Is it even possible to be "MORE EXCITED"?  If I were any more excited I'd have to be physically restrained.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 17, 2013 5:59 am  #758

tonnaree wrote:

"Sounds far off, right, but there will be a lot of teasing in the next few months! I am certain they will do what they can to get people (even more) excited about it and also bring the show back to those who are not part of the fandom, so I think we will get to see quite a bit of Sherlock this autumn, and I am really looking forward to that ."

"More excited"?  Is it even possible to be "MORE EXCITED"?  If I were any more excited I'd have to be physically restrained.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

August 17, 2013 3:53 pm  #759

Hi guys,
just found new photos from the set in Cardiff!!
watch here: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/film-tv/benedict-cumberbatch-martin-freeman-new-5745746

I have to admit: Martin just looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!

August 17, 2013 3:55 pm  #760

mrsjohnwatson wrote:

Hi guys,
just found new photos from the set in Cardiff!!
watch here: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/film-tv/benedict-cumberbatch-martin-freeman-new-5745746

I have to admit: Martin just looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!

I wish I knew whats the photo with the note about: "go photograph Egypt ..." ???

Board footera