BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 24, 2013 7:47 pm  #201

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Tee Hee.
Start time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 24, 2013 7:54 pm  #202

As long as it starts, that's all I care about XD

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 24, 2013 7:59 pm  #203

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

There's no way I'd want to watch it with anyone else in the room at all except the Skull. I can trust the Skull not to talk.

When it comes to watching stuff, especially if it's for the first time or Sherlock, I'm very strict about absolutely no talking while watching...I don't like to miss things . When Sherlock season 3 comes around, there is only one (maybe two) people I'd consider watching it with...mostly because I know they'll be nearly as enraptured as me and as such will most certainly not talk 

-------------------------------------------------------

July 24, 2013 8:49 pm  #204

I bet my dad would want to watch it with me; he loves it now!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 25, 2013 9:46 pm  #205

Does anyone know if the BBC Iplayer can work for people outside the UK?  I don't want to wait 3 or 4 months to see it...  Or if there is another way for me to legally see it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

July 25, 2013 9:49 pm  #206

I've no idea, sorry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 25, 2013 9:52 pm  #207

josabby wrote:

Does anyone know if the BBC Iplayer can work for people outside the UK?  I don't want to wait 3 or 4 months to see it...  Or if there is another way for me to legally see it.

PM'ed you.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

July 29, 2013 6:54 pm  #208

Awesome!  I love blackmail :D

July 29, 2013 8:26 pm  #209

Looking good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 30, 2013 3:50 am  #210

I wonder if he'll have anything to do with Mary?

July 30, 2013 7:03 am  #211

sj4iy wrote:

I wonder if he'll have anything to do with Mary?

Maybe she will kill him. Wouldn't surprise me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 30, 2013 7:09 am  #212

You know amongst all the excitement, I may have forgottent to say the most obvious thing:
I can't wait to meet John's sister Harry.

Last edited by besleybean (July 30, 2013 11:24 am)

July 30, 2013 9:39 am  #213

What do you think about the idea below?

"In my head I have Mycroft been the one who is blackmailed and not a client seen as Gatiss and Moffat like to mix there stories up a bit. It could be His Last Vow. "
"Mycroft surely has many secrets to keep, I seriously doubt that all of them are work related! - surely there must be a bunch of blackmail-worthy stuff!
I would love it if it was the person Mycroft, not Mycroft the government, who needed Sherlock’s help! There is the emotion Moffat was talking abt, which is said to be more prominent in S3! Would also make for many many Holmes brothers moments, as promised by the team!"

source: http://dudeufugly.tumblr.com/post/56820354686/in-my-head-i-have-mycroft-been-the-one-who-is

I must say I'd really like to see something like that.

Last edited by Ivy (July 30, 2013 9:42 am)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

July 30, 2013 9:50 am  #214

Wow, I like the idea very much. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 30, 2013 10:42 am  #215

Ivy wrote:

What do you think about the idea below?

"In my head I have Mycroft been the one who is blackmailed and not a client seen as Gatiss and Moffat like to mix there stories up a bit. It could be His Last Vow. "
"Mycroft surely has many secrets to keep, I seriously doubt that all of them are work related! - surely there must be a bunch of blackmail-worthy stuff!
I would love it if it was the person Mycroft, not Mycroft the government, who needed Sherlock’s help! There is the emotion Moffat was talking abt, which is said to be more prominent in S3! Would also make for many many Holmes brothers moments, as promised by the team!"

source: http://dudeufugly.tumblr.com/post/56820354686/in-my-head-i-have-mycroft-been-the-one-who-is

I must say I'd really like to see something like that.

Now, that would be interesting. It would certainly give a lot of screen time to the Holmes brothers, and thus enable Gatiss and Moffat to give more depth to the character of Mycroft Holmes and also bring to light some of the history of the Holmes brothers estranged relationship. I would love that! 

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

July 30, 2013 10:43 am  #216

Me too. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 30, 2013 10:46 am  #217

Swanpride wrote:

I'm sooooo excited. ...I hope they keep him around for at least two season, too.

Does the character of Charles Augustus Magnussen appear several times in the original storys? I'm not familiar with the canon. But I agree with you. It would be nice, to have one villain, who appears now and again over the time to build up tension until a spectacular show-down .

I don't know the actor, yet. Pity, it's not his brother - Mads Mikkelsen would be great villain. But if Lars Mikkelsen has the same talent and charisma like his brother, his character will be a brilliant adversary to Sherlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

July 30, 2013 10:54 am  #218

stoertebeker wrote:

Swanpride wrote:

I'm sooooo excited. ...I hope they keep him around for at least two season, too.

Does the character of Charles Augustus Magnussen appear several times in the original storys? I'm not familiar with the canon. But I agree with you. It would be nice, to have one villain, who appears now and again over the time to build up tension until a spectacular show-down .

No. In fact Milverton is only in one story. And he just appears in 221 b Baker Street and in his own house and is instantly killed.
They won't do that probably. Maybe they keep him around for some time to cause some nice trouble first...

July 30, 2013 11:12 am  #219

They extended Moriarty's part as well and could do the same with Milverton. 

Last edited by SusiGo (July 30, 2013 11:12 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 30, 2013 11:18 am  #220

I was probably right with the countdown idea. It's a 4 today with "Could be dangerous".

Board footera