BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 21, 2013 5:25 pm  #2061

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

In any case, I'd rather talk about what we saw than the ethics of the situation.  It looks like Sherlock has been working undercover...I wonder if he's working FOR Mycroft or if Mycroft just knows what he's doing?  I'm guessing that he is trying to clean out Moriarty's web, so to speak.  There seems to be an imminent terrorist attack in London, hence Sherlock being 'recalled'.  I wonder if this is all being masterminded by Magnussen?  What do you guys think?

Last edited by sj4iy (December 21, 2013 5:27 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

December 21, 2013 5:36 pm  #2062

I prefer to observe certain ethics and therefore I will not participate in this discussion.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 21, 2013 5:42 pm  #2063

sj4iy wrote:

In any case, I'd rather talk about what we saw than the ethics of the situation. It looks like Sherlock has been working undercover...I wonder if he's working FOR Mycroft or if Mycroft just knows what he's doing? I'm guessing that he is trying to clean out Moriarty's web, so to speak. There seems to be an imminent terrorist attack in London, hence Sherlock being 'recalled'. I wonder if this is all being masterminded by Magnussen? What do you guys think?

Probably. Moriarty didn't appear until the last episode of Series 1, yet he was there in the background for both previous episodes. Same thing could happen here 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 21, 2013 6:06 pm  #2064

stoertebeker wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

Does it really matter?  My point is this:

If going to watch someone while they work, taking thousands of pictures and posting them for the world to see isn't crossing a line, I don't see how a 28 second not-that-bad trailer is.  I showed it to my husband and friend, niether of whom knows any spoilers and they said 'I don't see the big deal'.  Actually, they both laughed and thought the waiter thing was funny.  And that's basically it.  Neither of them thought anything big had been spoiled...and they are right.  Did we see them fight?  Did we see the solution to the falls? Did we see John being drugged or Sherlock saving him from the bonfire?  Nope...then it can't possibly be as bad as people are making it out to be.

I haven't seen the trailer, but as far as you (and others) told about it, it seems to show the first moment John and Sherlock see each other face to face. And that is a big spoiler IMO. That's definetly something I want to see in the show, not in a trailer and, as I said above, I had hoped this first encounter would be under more privat circumstances. So, first disappointment for me, pity.

THE moment however isn't shown in the trailer, it clearly has already happened.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

December 21, 2013 7:17 pm  #2065

Kerkerian wrote:

stoertebeker wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

Does it really matter? My point is this:

If going to watch someone while they work, taking thousands of pictures and posting them for the world to see isn't crossing a line, I don't see how a 28 second not-that-bad trailer is. I showed it to my husband and friend, niether of whom knows any spoilers and they said 'I don't see the big deal'. Actually, they both laughed and thought the waiter thing was funny. And that's basically it. Neither of them thought anything big had been spoiled...and they are right. Did we see them fight? Did we see the solution to the falls? Did we see John being drugged or Sherlock saving him from the bonfire? Nope...then it can't possibly be as bad as people are making it out to be.

I haven't seen the trailer, but as far as you (and others) told about it, it seems to show the first moment John and Sherlock see each other face to face. And that is a big spoiler IMO. That's definetly something I want to see in the show, not in a trailer and, as I said above, I had hoped this first encounter would be under more privat circumstances. So, first disappointment for me, pity.

THE moment however isn't shown in the trailer, it clearly has already happened.

That's true...we see before and after, but not the moment itself.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

December 21, 2013 7:26 pm  #2066

tobeornot221b wrote:

stoertebeker wrote:

I had hoped this first encounter would be under more privat circumstances. So, first disappointment for me, pity.

Why should you be disappointed? It's completely according to canon. John meets the old book seller - Sherlock in disguise - in the street - then, afterwards their second meeting takes place in 221B.

Well, that would be perfectly fine then because John did not recognise Sherlock in his disguise as a book seller. What I meant is the first meeting between them, when John actually realises that Sherlock is alive. I hope that it will not be in the restaurant but more a thing between just the two. But that's only my single opinion. I am sure during the last two years people developed so many ideas, theories and wishes for the next episodes, it's impossible that they will all be fulfilld.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

December 21, 2013 8:36 pm  #2067

stoertebeker wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

stoertebeker wrote:

I had hoped this first encounter would be under more privat circumstances. So, first disappointment for me, pity.

Why should you be disappointed? It's completely according to canon. John meets the old book seller - Sherlock in disguise - in the street - then, afterwards their second meeting takes place in 221B.

Well, that would be perfectly fine then because John did not recognise Sherlock in his disguise as a book seller. What I meant is the first meeting between them, when John actually realises that Sherlock is alive. I hope that it will not be in the restaurant but more a thing between just the two. But that's only my single opinion. I am sure during the last two years people developed so many ideas, theories and wishes for the next episodes, it's impossible that they will all be fulfilld.

That's okay- I think we all have come up with our own theories in our imagination  But hopefully you won't be disappointed- I'm sure we'll get a quiet moment between them at some point.

December 21, 2013 9:14 pm  #2068

sj4iy wrote:

stoertebeker wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

That's okay- I think we all have come up with our own theories in our imagination  But hopefully you won't be disappointed- I'm sure we'll get a quiet moment between them at some point.

Oh, I have perfect faith in Moftiss ;-) .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

December 21, 2013 11:11 pm  #2069

Alright everyone, 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 21, 2013 11:33 pm  #2070

tonnaree wrote:

Alright everyone, 

Keep calm...easier said than done...sometimes I feel like pacing until series 3 gets here  ...although I would be pacing for an awfully long time 

-------------------------------------------------------

December 22, 2013 12:02 am  #2071

So I came up with a countdown I wanted to do. It's past midnight here now so I'll start tonight  I'll post a new one every night past midnight ^^ Images from The Great Game, quotes from Series 3 trailers (only officially approved ones )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 22, 2013 12:15 am  #2072

kittykat wrote:

So I came up with a countdown I wanted to do. It's past midnight here now so I'll start tonight  I'll post a new one every night past midnight ^^ Images from The Great Game, quotes from Series 3 trailers (only officially approved ones )

Good idea! 

That line gives me chills...so excited!!!

December 22, 2013 8:45 am  #2073

Okay, I'll stay away from this thread from now on.

I didn't mind the discussion of the Finnish trailer up to a certain point, but reading sj4'a description of its scenes without further warning did it for me.
If the BBC had it removed it is NOT an official spoiler. With the link posted, everyone could decide whether to watch it or not, but I stumbled over sj4's describtion without warning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 22, 2013 8:54 am  #2074

But it's a spoiler thread!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 22, 2013 2:17 pm  #2075

...no one has ever been required to post spoiler warnings in the spoiler thread. It's a given that spoilers of any kind could be discussed here, no matter the content. I don't see why it's fair to suddenly start censoring or criticizing people now concerning one small trailer.

Last edited by sj4iy (December 22, 2013 3:01 pm)

December 22, 2013 4:04 pm  #2076

So, the synopsis for the minisode "Many Happy Returns" reads as thus:

"A series of seemingly unconnected crimes stretching from Tibet to India to Germany," reads the synopsis. "Sherlock Holmes has been gone for two years. But someone isn't quite convinced that he's dead."

Anyone else wonder whether Anderson was so shaken up by the events of Sherlock's suicide that he turned into a 'believer' of sorts?

December 22, 2013 4:21 pm  #2077

Yes!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 22, 2013 4:24 pm  #2078

sj4iy wrote:

So, the synopsis for the minisode "Many Happy Returns" reads as thus:

"A series of seemingly unconnected crimes stretching from Tibet to India to Germany," reads the synopsis. "Sherlock Holmes has been gone for two years. But someone isn't quite convinced that he's dead."

Anyone else wonder whether Anderson was so shaken up by the events of Sherlock's suicide that he turned into a 'believer' of sorts?

I've been wondering this....it would certainly be an interesting development in his character.

December 22, 2013 4:27 pm  #2079

And quite clever to introduce this concept before.
So that in the aired eposide, they can just run with it.

December 22, 2013 4:34 pm  #2080

I like the idea, too.  It makes him a 3 dimensional character instead of 'generic annoying guy that Sherlock doesn't like'.  It was a funny joke at first, but it's a joke that would grow old if they kept trying to use it.

Last edited by sj4iy (December 22, 2013 4:35 pm)

Board footera