BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 20, 2013 4:48 pm  #2021

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Thank you Susi. I was almost tempted. Now I've decided not to 

December 20, 2013 4:50 pm  #2022

SusiGo wrote:

This link is quite problematic. I am not sure if this material has been approved by BBC. It might have been released without consent and may not be official.
The spoilers are quite massive so watch it at your own risk.  

Oh, I didn't realize that it might've been leaked, now I feel bad for having watched it...

-------------------------------------------------------

December 20, 2013 4:55 pm  #2023

Don't worry. But I think I will take it down as Kerkerian is not online. SilverMoon, could you please edit your post accordingly so that the link does not appear any longer? Thank you. 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 20, 2013 4:57 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 20, 2013 5:10 pm  #2024

SusiGo wrote:

Don't worry. But I think I will take it down as Kerkerian is not online. SilverMoon, could you please edit your post accordingly so that the link does not appear any longer? Thank you. 

Done. 

-------------------------------------------------------

December 20, 2013 5:14 pm  #2025

Thank you. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 20, 2013 5:17 pm  #2026

December 20, 2013 5:47 pm  #2027

Am I the only one who doesn't think it was that big of a deal?  I mean, people went to watch the actors, take pictures and report just about everything they did while they were working for three months...I mean, there are 144 pages of information from not only people who watched the filming, but even some insider information on this site alone.  Now a 30 second trailer with just the slightest hint of the reunion comes out and everyone is upset?  I guess I just can't reconcile the two.  Can anyone tell me why one is bad and the other is fine?

Last edited by sj4iy (December 20, 2013 5:54 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

December 20, 2013 5:57 pm  #2028

Yes, I think it is different because this is from the finished film, no rough material, no fan shots taken during filming but the real thing. And what is more, I am not sure about the source of this. Therefore I decided to take the link down. Anyone who wishes to watch it will find it somewhere. 

December 20, 2013 6:10 pm  #2029

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, I think it is different because this is from the finished film, no rough material, no fan shots taken during filming but the real thing. And what is more, I am not sure about the source of this. Therefore I decided to take the link down. Anyone who wishes to watch it will find it somewhere. 

Sherlockology tweeted that it indeed is a trailer from Finland:

https://twitter.com/Sherlockology/status/414083977972953088

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

December 20, 2013 6:20 pm  #2030

I stopped after 10 seconds, it was to much spoiler for me  . No I'll behave till 01/01  .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

December 20, 2013 6:24 pm  #2031

Good thing I wasn't here when it was posted...I have no self-control about spoilers XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 20, 2013 6:28 pm  #2032

After watching I did wonder if it was actually official.  It didn't seem very well done to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 20, 2013 6:31 pm  #2033

tonnaree wrote:

After watching I did wonder if it was actually official.  It didn't seem very well done to me.

I think it could have been edited better, as there were a few confusing scenes at first.  But I don't think it gave too much away, TBH.  It cuts away before there's any reaction.  It wasn't as good as the BBC trailer, but then again, it was miles better than the PBS trailer (which only has footage from Series 2 in it for god knows what reason).

Last edited by sj4iy (December 20, 2013 6:33 pm)

December 20, 2013 7:28 pm  #2034

I think it does indeed give away things people did not know from the official trailers and photos. Things many people do not wish to know before.
No reaction, so what? But it does for instance show where Sherlock has been and how they meet again. And that is what I would call spoilers. 

December 20, 2013 7:34 pm  #2035

So in a spoiler thread?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 20, 2013 8:07 pm  #2036

Sorry. If everyone here thinks the link should come back, please do so. But believe me, it is quite difficult  be a mod in these times. I thought this thread was for having a bit of fun and thrill before the actual airing date, not for giving so many crucial things away. 

December 20, 2013 8:14 pm  #2037

SusiGo wrote:

Sorry. If everyone here thinks the link should come back, please do so. But believe me, it is quite difficult  be a mod in these times. I thought this thread was for having a bit of fun and thrill before the actual airing date, not for giving so many crucial things away. 

I understand.  I'm sure some people don't want to watch it, and as long as they aren't deceived about it, then everything is okay.

Now, recently, The Sun printed the ENTIRE PLOT of the Doctor Who Christmas special (which hasn't aired yet).  They printed almost everything that was going to happen.  I don't agree with that.  At least, with spoiler threads, you have to seek out the spoilers yourself to find them.  But that was a case of crossing the line to me.

As far as the trailer, I guess it could be considered a bit spoilery, but I think it just creates a bit of dramatic tension and leaves it on a cliffhanger, so I don't think it's really that bad.  That's my opinion on it, though.  I'm sure others have their opinions.

December 20, 2013 8:24 pm  #2038

SusiGo wrote:

I don't envy you your job as a mod at this particular time, believe me. It's definitely not easy to decide what still works and what crosses a line.
I personally don't want to see this trailer, I suppose I know too much about series 3 already anyway. Then again, there is a spoiler warning to this thread, isn't there? It seems to me that there somehow are different ideas here about what is okay in a spoiler thread and what isn't...? Or maybe even: we have different ideas about what a spoiler is...? Are there 'good' and 'bad' spoilers?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 20, 2013 8:33 pm  #2039

As I said, for me this one was crossing a line. If there are people who wish to know everything, they will find it. And if the Boss says it is okay, I am fine with it. 
But tbh, this is all getting a bit too much at the moment for me personally. Sorry.  

December 20, 2013 8:44 pm  #2040

Oh, you certainly don't have to apologize or explain yourself.
I do agree that people can find whatever they want to find on the internet anyway, not everything has to be here. I just thought, and maybe that was a bit naive, that anything goes in a spoiler thread. But I'm totally fine if you try to keep this thread free of spoilers that would most likely ruin at least parts of series 3 for a lot of people.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera