BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 16, 2013 6:24 pm  #1981

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

I found this, they say it's not spoilerish but I post it here because I think it does contain mild spoilers:
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-12-15/sherlock-premiere-screening-seven-spoiler-free-teasers

So, how about some speculations?

1. At least two major characters kiss
Well, one is John obviously. But the other? I think it will be Molly, with this unknown guy of the promo picture. Maybe he is the one, who helps Sherlock with the underground case.

2. We find out what the "rat" reference means – and Sherlock Holmes fans will enjoy it
Mmhh, no idea. I'm not very familiar with the canon. Maybe it has also something to do with the underground?

3. One character greets Sherlock's return with a hug
I suppose Mrs. Hudson, after finishing shrieking  . Or maybe even Molly (would be a funny moment).

4. Some eagle-eyed Sherlock fans might spot themselves
Bonfire-scene I suppose

5. Sherlock wears the hat
Of course! 

6. Sherlock wears a disguise
Interessting, I am curious when and why. Maybe to spy on John?

7. Sherlock gets punched
From John obviously 

Last edited by stoertebeker (December 16, 2013 6:27 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

December 16, 2013 6:52 pm  #1982

I think the kisses will be John and Mary, and Sherlock kissing Mrs. Hudson. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 16, 2013 9:12 pm  #1983

2. We find out what the "rat" reference means – and Sherlock Holmes fans will enjoy it

That just screams 'Giant Rat of Sumatra'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

December 16, 2013 9:13 pm  #1984

Marva wrote:

I think nobody is actually expecting anything sexual going on between the two of them. But the public acknowledgment of the guardian's film critic, who we surely can not believe to be a Johnlocker himself, that there is a sexual tension going on (Mofftis can deny as often as they want) still makes me freak out. A little :D. (Understatement of the day)

It's the Guardian... who believes that leftist bull****

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

December 16, 2013 9:14 pm  #1985

Oi!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 16, 2013 9:22 pm  #1986

Oh, how I would love this to be Mycroft...! Highly unlikely, I know, but I'd so love this to be Mycroft!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 16, 2013 9:58 pm  #1987

Perhaps it's Anderson.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

December 16, 2013 9:59 pm  #1988

That would be fabulous.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 16, 2013 10:40 pm  #1989

I would assume either Molly or Mrs. Hudson.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

December 16, 2013 11:36 pm  #1990

SolarSystem wrote:

Oh, how I would love this to be Mycroft...! Highly unlikely, I know, but I'd so love this to be Mycroft!

That would certainly be unexpected , I'd like to see someone we would've thought wouldn't greet Sherlock's return with a hug be the one to do it, someone less obvious than Mrs. Hudson or Molly. 
So yeah, maybe Mycroft, Lestrade, Anderson would be hilarious 

-------------------------------------------------------

December 17, 2013 1:31 am  #1991

Sherlock get punched.  Are we taking bets that he gets punched more than once?

I would love it if Mrs. Hudson hauled off an knocked him one.  Right before she bursts into tears an throws her arms around him.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 17, 2013 3:10 am  #1992

tonnaree wrote:

Sherlock get punched.  Are we taking bets that he gets punched more than once?

I would love it if Mrs. Hudson hauled off an knocked him one.  Right before she bursts into tears an throws her arms around him.  

I'd take that bet XD

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

December 17, 2013 6:27 am  #1993

Aw.

December 17, 2013 6:48 am  #1994

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

Perhaps it's Anderson.

Anderson would have been my second favourite idea for a hug.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 17, 2013 11:27 am  #1995

Maybe it is Mary. She doesn't know him. And she might be happy for John that he has his friend back.

December 17, 2013 11:35 am  #1996

Be wrote:

Maybe it is Mary. She doesn't know him. And she might be happy for John that he has his friend back.

I'd go for that, too. She also seems to be an affectionate person.

The Game is On!

December 17, 2013 12:02 pm  #1997

Marva wrote:

Be wrote:

I'd go for that, too. She also seems to be an affectionate person.

We don't know about her profession. We saw Sherlock in the interactive trailer in a kind of official building when he turned around. It looked a bit like a school. The fandom always saw her being a teacher. I imagine her being a kindergarten-aunt (is that even a word?) or something connected to young children. So that she can cope with naughty Sherlock.
No, honestly I think Sherlock will try to win John back and he will possibly struggle and might try to win Mary by being nice and maybe make John jealous??
Earlier I thought Mary would be Harry and Sherlock would take her with him on a case because John was mad with him. Now I think he might use Mary to get John back as a friend.
Suddenly the idea of having Mary around gets a certain appeal.

I am still afraid that it might be a variation of "How to train your Sherlock". We need to know how he struggled on his own during the hiatus without somebody like John to talk to and unable to reveal himself and explain everything.

December 17, 2013 12:42 pm  #1998

I read that she is a journalist. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 17, 2013 12:59 pm  #1999

Like Kitty?  Will we get a "I-tell-it-all" from her?

December 17, 2013 1:20 pm  #2000

More serious, I hope. I read it somewhere in connection with the BFI premiere, so it should be reliable. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera