BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 22, 2013 9:54 pm  #181

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

I hope it'll be New Year too. New Year's Day same as Scandal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 22, 2013 10:48 pm  #182

shouldbestudying wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

Still saying end of 2013/beginning of 2014.

So we will be in "All I want for Christmas/Skip Christmas" mode. Again...

Christmas is cancelled until Sherlock airs, I like that plan 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eApA4ZQtqX8

Sorry, I have two little kids that wouldn't accept that, so I guess we'll still have Christmas on time  I'd be fine with a second Christmas when Sherlock airs, though.

Last edited by sj4iy (July 22, 2013 10:49 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 23, 2013 7:14 am  #183

Is that a Hobbit thing, 2nd Xmas?
Like 2nd breakfast.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 24, 2013 2:34 pm  #184

How long was the gap between the airing in the UK and the time you could buy the DVD in 2012?
If the time is acceptable I will wait. If not, I might consider to make a trip to London, do some sight-seeing and watch it.

July 24, 2013 2:36 pm  #185

I know for a fact after series 1 it was 2 weeks.
But I think it was virtually immediately last time, or certainly quicker.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 24, 2013 2:47 pm  #186

besleybean wrote:

Thank you. That can be managed then. But the idea of a trip to London and seeing it with some other fans remains...
Why don't they do some public viewing in the UK? It would be fun to see it together with many people and we could wait, talk and have a fan-gathering.
You know, the public viewing can be in cinemas or on some big screens in the city.

July 24, 2013 2:53 pm  #187

Last time the they did Q&A premieres.

July 24, 2013 2:58 pm  #188

besleybean wrote:

Yes, but that is just something for a small amount of people. Journalists, selected fans...
Nothing every average fan has easily access to.

July 24, 2013 2:59 pm  #189

Be wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Yes, but that is just something for a small amount of people. Journalists, selected fans...
Nothing every average fan has easily access to.

Personally, I'd rather just watch it with my husband and no distractions.  Big groups tend to get "squealy", and I like hearing everything.  Just me, though.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

July 24, 2013 2:59 pm  #190

Well obviously they want the majority of people to watch it when it's aired on TV!

July 24, 2013 3:03 pm  #191

That's what I mean. They could just show it on big screens somewhere simultaneously when it's aired.

July 24, 2013 3:42 pm  #192

Be wrote:

That's what I mean. They could just show it on big screens somewhere simultaneously when it's aired.

Depends on the cost of doing it and the sort of return they would get for it.  It's not as easy to fill up a theater as it seems.  My sister has been a GM at several theaters, and several movies that she was sure would sell out didn't.  But movies like "Twilight" or "Harry Potter"?  Easily.

July 24, 2013 3:46 pm  #193

besleybean wrote:

Huh, that's quick!  I have a question though, after the UK airing of the episodes and then the soon subsequent DVD release (which I'm assuming was before it was aired in North America...?) was the DVD only available in the UK? Or in North America as well? 

-------------------------------------------------------

July 24, 2013 4:48 pm  #194

As I live this side of the pond...I dunno.  I assume it was multi region?!

July 24, 2013 6:21 pm  #195

Hm, I just looked it up...in both cases the DVD wasn't released in NA until several months after the UK release, so I think only after the episodes aired on TV here....damn 

-------------------------------------------------------

July 24, 2013 6:42 pm  #196

There's no way I'd want to watch it with anyone else in the room at all except the Skull. I can trust the Skull not to talk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 24, 2013 7:28 pm  #197

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

There's no way I'd want to watch it with anyone else in the room at all except the Skull. I can trust the Skull not to talk.

Too bad you only have one...

July 24, 2013 7:38 pm  #198

Any idea what day or time it might be on?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 24, 2013 7:43 pm  #199

They seem to go for Sundays....8-9

July 24, 2013 7:44 pm  #200

8 to 9, when the episodes are 90 minutes?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

Board footera