BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 7, 2013 11:54 pm  #1

The Sherlock Wrap :9

Hello fellow Sherlockians,

The other day I was watching an interview with the restaurant owner of Speedy's Cafe (where as all of you know is where 221B Baker Street is located in Sherlock).  They mentioned that they have created a dish known as the "Sherlock Wrap" in comememoration of the wonderful Sherlock series on BBC.

Anywas I thought it would be good to post the ingredients of the Sherlock Wrap so you guys can make it at home!  A delicious dish made after a delicious man ;)

Now, I don't know the quantity of each ingredient but I say load it until you are satisfied
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 Tortilla Wrap (Flour)
1-2 Slices of cheese (Your choice, I like Swiss or Smoked Gouda)
1 Sliced Chicken Breast (Grilled, Lightly Seasoned (EX: Salt/Pepper))
1/3 Cup of Crispy Bacon
1/3 Cup of Red Peppers
1/3 Cup of Sliced Red Onions (or more if you prefer...or less)
Sweet Chilli Sauce
1 Cup of Lettuce (they used iceburg, but I prefer either Romaine lettuce or Arugula (has a kind of nutty/spicy zing))
1/4 Cup of Sliced Cucumbers (Of course hehe)

After the wrap is complete fold it and put it on a sandwhich press.  Now, if you don't have one that's okay!  You can put it in a frying pan for a few minutes on each side, stick it in the microwave, or even slap it on the BBQ.  The press is basically to melt the cheese and make it look fancy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My best bet is to use as much or as less of the ingredients as you like.  I just sort of guesstimated but either way these are the ingredients in the order made at Speedy's Cafe.

Here is a link to the video in case you need some visual on how to make it (Starts at 2:29).  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAne7smyi-4

Good Luck and Happy Eating!!! 

Picture credit from Google

July 8, 2013 12:02 am  #2

Re: The Sherlock Wrap :9

Sounds good, although I would probably use another sauce besides sweet chili...I prefer spicy ;)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 8, 2013 12:13 am  #3

sj4iy wrote:

Sounds good, although I would probably use another sauce besides sweet chili...I prefer spicy ;)

The spicier the better I always say I bought some sweet chilli yesterday at the store, I've had some before and it was a bit too sweet for my tastes, but I bought a different brand.  Hopefully it's delicious!

July 8, 2013 12:20 am  #4

Chiblits wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

The spicier the better I always say I bought some sweet chilli yesterday at the store, I've had some before and it was a bit too sweet for my tastes, but I bought a different brand.  Hopefully it's delicious!

I love tabasco or red hot, myself.  I've never been a fan of sweet+spicy, though.  I bet I could come up with a really good cream-based sauce for that wrap, though, with some heat...but just enough dairy to keep it from being too hot.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 8, 2013 1:06 am  #5

sj4iy wrote:

Chiblits wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

I love tabasco or red hot, myself.  I've never been a fan of sweet+spicy, though.  I bet I could come up with a really good cream-based sauce for that wrap, though, with some heat...but just enough dairy to keep it from being too hot.

Oooooo if you do you must let me know! I love cooking but I think the most challenging thing for me are sauces.  They never seem to come out the way I want them to.

July 8, 2013 3:00 am  #6

oooooh, I LOVE sweet-hot chili sauce.  It's just right for me.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 8, 2013 7:19 am  #7

After the Sherlock Wrap they ran a competition for the Watson Wrap.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera