BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 20, 2012 3:05 am  #1

Hey Everyone

Hello there!

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd drop by here and introduce myself: I'm 42_and_221B -- more commonly known as Ed. ;D

I am a huge Sherlock fan, but being from the US, not many people in my area here even know what it is. I have heard that there is a relatively large fanbase for Sherlock in the USA, but I guess I'm just in the wrong part of the country, haha. So I've come here to find fellow Sherlock nerds to talk/obsess with. XD

Anyways, its great to be joining you all -- can't wait to get to know you all better!

- Ed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T PANIC

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - A.C. Doyle

March 20, 2012 3:20 am  #2

Re: Hey Everyone

HI Ed.
I know your isolated feelings, same thing here in Australia.
Take solace in knowing you are miles ahead of most of your countrymen. They will catch on one day, and you will be seen as a 'Guru of the Deerstalker.'

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 20, 2012 3:30 am  #3

Hey Ed

I'm also in Australia - I've managed to convert a bunch of friends to watching Sherlock but they're not let's-talk-about-Sherlock-all-the-time fans. It's disappointing. Glad I've got you lot ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

March 20, 2012 3:57 am  #4

Nice to meet you both!

@kazza474 Yeah, that is true. ;) I just hope that day comes soon. People don't know what they are missing!

@sioneld Good for you! I need to convert my friends, though unfortunately I think only one or two of them would be truly interested in it. My friends and I don't always agree on television shows, haha.

It's great to see that there are actually people on this forum, if you know what I mean. ;) Sometimes I join a forum only to find out it's been dead for ages... Which really feels like a gigantic waste of time. I'm glad to know this isn't one of those times. :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T PANIC

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - A.C. Doyle

March 20, 2012 4:44 am  #5

Hi Ed. Nice to meet you and welcome to the community!

I'd be interested to know how you came across our little forum...I've been doing bits of promotion on various sites and it'd be good to know which ones are working! Thanks...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 20, 2012 5:29 am  #6

Hi Ed,
nice to meet you here on planet Sherlock! Yes - it's definitely not inhabited...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 20, 2012 12:13 pm  #7

hello Ed, nice to meet you & welcome to Sherlock Forum..

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

March 20, 2012 1:06 pm  #8

Thanks guys, nice to meet you too!

@Sherlock Holmes I believe it was on IMDB that I came across a forum post linking to the site. I was really excited to hear that there was a new Sherlock forum, so I decided to check it out and here I am! ;D

DON'T PANIC

March 20, 2012 1:12 pm  #9

Hello and welcome Ed!

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

March 20, 2012 1:22 pm  #10

@m0r1arty Thanks, I'm glad to be here!

DON'T PANIC

March 21, 2012 3:42 pm  #11

Hello! Welcome to our friendly, if somewhat obsessed forum!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 21, 2012 3:47 pm  #12

Thanks Davina! It's a good thing you're all obsessed with Sherlock, I'll fit right in! ;D

DON'T PANIC

Board footera