BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 24, 2013 5:07 pm  #81

Re: Which are the 'Johnlock' moments from Canon ?

Thanks to your post I was reminded of this thread 

His words were cut short by a sudden scream of “Help! Help! Murder!” With a thrill I recognized the voice as that of my friend. I rushed madly from the room on to the landing. The cries, which had sunk down into a hoarse, inarticulate shouting, came from the room which we had first visited. I dashed in    - Reigate Puzzle

Last edited by holmes23 (September 24, 2013 5:08 pm)

September 24, 2013 5:37 pm  #82

Quoting Brad Kefauver from Sherlock Peoria. It's about HOUN

And you want relationship moments? We've got those, too! Watson, all hurt and upset because Holmes didn't let him know he was here all along, voice trembling because Holmes probably didn't get his letters. And then Holmes, pulling said letters from his pockets, and telling Watson how intelligent he is, touching Watson's heart to get him over his anger. Holmes sees "the shadow rising from [Watson's] face." Maybe I've spent too much time listening to the young ladies of fandom this year, but after a close-up view of that scene, I found myself practically wanting to shout, "God dammit, just kiss him!"

It's a scene straight out of a romantic comedy, I swear.

http://sherlockpeoria.blogspot.in/

Last edited by holmes23 (September 24, 2013 5:39 pm)

September 25, 2013 12:03 am  #83

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 25, 2013 6:36 am  #84

Still mixing up friendship and homosexuality, are we?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

September 25, 2013 6:55 am  #85

We are playing the game for the game's own sake. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 25, 2013 7:00 am  #86

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 25, 2013 4:30 pm  #87

Jacco111 wrote:

Still mixing up friendship and homosexuality, are we?

I know the difference. But the pairing is extremely popular and won't be going away anytime soon 

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 25, 2013 8:13 pm  #88

Not everything popular is also good...

September 25, 2013 8:18 pm  #89

What the?!
I mean, I agree with the sentiment but...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 25, 2013 8:42 pm  #90

I'm free to decide for myself what is good for me or not. I don't need someone to tell me. Just saying...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 25, 2013 8:51 pm  #91

Of course, there's also the freedom to avoid the threads that might not suit your personal tastes.  Just saying.  I don't ship anyone because I'm not really a romantic person by nature, but other people doing it doesn't affect me in any way, shape or form.

Last edited by sj4iy (September 25, 2013 8:55 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

September 26, 2013 4:33 am  #92

sj4iy wrote:

Of course, there's also the freedom to avoid the threads that might not suit your personal tastes.  Just saying.

Well said!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 26, 2013 5:28 am  #93

Shouldn't Jacco's theory be the subject of its own thread? I was enjoying the lovely cannon quotes here and feel the whole thing was sabotagued and I can't help feeling a bit riled up. 
There is so much evidence that human sexuality is a spectrum (kinsey report and onwards) and it is impossible to give people clear labels like gay or straight. More likely it seems that people are mostly straight or mostly gay and a whole lot of people are in between this, and it all depends on environment and a whole lot of other factors.  as a few people have already said, its the ambiguity that makes Holmes and Watson's relationship so fascinating- so why try ruin this by trying to insist on shoving their friendship in a  labelled box?

Last edited by NotYourHousekeeperDear (September 26, 2013 5:30 am)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can always tell a good Chinese place by examining the bottom third of the door handle"

September 26, 2013 5:46 am  #94

I can't speak for others and I can't say too much here because it's not a spoiler thread, tho as Steven Moffat said: it's in The Canon.
I am not applying any label of my own to either our boys, or the Original Canon Holmes-Watson.
I am judging by what evidence we are given.
It's actually harder to tell with the ACD guys, mainly cos we don't have a live witness!
Ironically, I do feel Holmes and Watson are far more openly affectionate with each other than the BBC Sherlock boys and I rather regret that.
Having said that.  Watson marries and Holmes has no relationships.
That is the only evidence we can judge from.

Last edited by besleybean (September 26, 2013 5:47 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 26, 2013 6:58 am  #95

Jacco111 wrote:

Moderator's note: Jacco111, if something is not too your liking then you should just avoid this thread. We can all do without your arrogant and patronising attitude. You are free to start a thread on how there is no romance/sexual tension whatever between Holmes and Watson in the canon and try to prove it in any way you want. This is no academic discussion but fun. 
Btw, I would be very happy if I never had to see a Justin Bieber pic in this forum again. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 26, 2013 11:20 am  #96

I just wanted to add, as I was one of those who posted links above, I didn't intend to offend anyone.

Personally, I don't actually believe that canon Holmes and Watson were a couple or had romantic feelings for each other. I just thought it was funny how suggestive some of ACD's writing sounds in today's language, if you interpret it that way.

But nevertheless, like it was already mentioned - if you don't like a certain topic,then there's no need to look into a thread about it. So maybe we can get back to the actual topic now?

Last edited by SherlockianDE (September 26, 2013 11:21 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

September 26, 2013 1:47 pm  #97

As a side note, I bought the Jeremy Brett boxset today. Looking forward to watching it 

September 26, 2013 3:14 pm  #98

SusiGo wrote:

Jacco111 wrote:

Moderator's note: Jacco111, if something is not too your liking then you should just avoid this thread. We can all do without your arrogant and patronising attitude. You are free to start a thread on how there is no romance/sexual tension whatever between Holmes and Watson in the canon and try to prove it in any way you want. This is no academic discussion but fun. 
Btw, I would be very happy if I never had to see a Justin Bieber pic in this forum again. 

It is not arogant if it's true. I also don't see why I shouldn't be able to join this tread and voice my own opinion about the subject, just because you don't like it.

And yes, Justin Bieber was too much.

September 26, 2013 3:57 pm  #99

Some members were upset about your posts. In this case I regard it as my duty as a mod to point this out to you. As I said, this whole thread should be seen with a twinkle in one's eye. Please do not spoil the fun for others.   
And it might sound a bit arrogant to claim the truth for yourself like that. 

Last edited by SusiGo (September 26, 2013 4:03 pm)

September 26, 2013 4:08 pm  #100

And my concerns about the oversexualization of Holmes doesn't have to be taken seriously then?

Because it is not just this thread you know...

Board footera