BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 29, 2013 6:37 pm  #1

Wimbledon

Any one watching? Any favourites? I'm watching Djokovic play at the moment.  The first time in a few years that no-one in the family has been along to watch the tennis live.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 29, 2013 11:50 pm  #2

Re: Wimbledon

Favourites? The Brits for me all the way!

I'm expecting a Djokovic/Murray final and hoping Laura Robson makes it through the 4th round. She's the nation's rising star x

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

June 30, 2013 10:35 am  #3

Well the disappearance of Federer and Nidal ( ) so early has definitely increased the odds of that being the men's final line up. Laura is doing very well, remembering her from a couple of years back she shows very real promise. If she can improve her athleticism and pace around the court she could be a Grand Slam champion (this is a constructive criticism as it is precisely what Murray has had to do the get to where he is). I really like Novak Djokovic though. He always has time for his fans and acts in such a gentlemanly way (he could have been a pro footballer you know but I'm glad he chose tennis).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 30, 2013 10:37 am  #4

Hubby is grumpy because here in Germany you can only watch it on pay-TV this year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 5, 2013 9:09 pm  #5

WHOOP! Andy Murray's through to the final.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 5, 2013 9:31 pm  #6

We are very excited about Lisicki's success at the moment!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 5, 2013 10:46 pm  #7

That was a tense semi final but Andy outclassed his opponent and deserved to win x

July 6, 2013 9:12 am  #8

Hoping it is going to be a GREAT final! 

July 7, 2013 2:41 pm  #9

I'm a HUGE tennis fan! Watching Murray in the final now. Come on Andy!

July 7, 2013 3:08 pm  #10

I'm glued to the tv right now x

July 7, 2013 4:59 pm  #11

Today Andy Murray is British, had it gone another way, he'd be Scottish!

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

July 7, 2013 5:33 pm  #12

m0r1arty wrote:

Today Andy Murray is British, had it gone another way, he'd be Scottish!

-m0r

That's hilarious x

July 7, 2013 5:36 pm  #13

Good job Murray!

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 8, 2013 7:27 am  #14

Well done Andy Murray. From an Englishwoman. 

July 8, 2013 5:37 pm  #15

I managed to watch a couple of matches, women´s semi- final and final. And very glad Marion Bartoli won, although I am not French  but I think that her victory can really serve as a role model for "normal" girls that you can achieve your dream persevering the hard work and effort. I was disgusted by all the criticism about her not being enough pretty and athletic, where do we live when a Wimbledon´s champion is being judged by her appearance?
Congrats Andy Murray, honestly I did not believe he would beat Djokovic, fantastic.

Tout peut arriver dans la vie, et surtout rien.

July 8, 2013 6:16 pm  #16

It was John Inverdale on Radio 5 Live who made a STUPID comment about her appearance. He has now written a letter of apology to her (quite right too!) Sadly some unreconstructed chauvinists (not a million miles away from me) found his comment funny. All I can say is that it is just as well that Andy Murray's mother told him he was never going to be a looker so he had better find something else as a career! 

Board footera