BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 28, 2013 3:48 pm  #21

Re: Mrs Hudson "Dying"

The parallel with the canon is too perfect though. John receives a call about Ms. Hudson being sick. In the canon, John receives a letter from a boy that says there is a sick English woman at a hotel who wants an English doctor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

February 13, 2013 1:55 pm  #22

I think it was Moriarty. Sherlock knew that Mrs Hudson wouldn't get killed YET (she was supposed to die if Sherlock doesn't kill himself, right?).

ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ᴥส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

February 13, 2013 3:00 pm  #23

erunyauve wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Funny how it was just as John leaves!

Well, remember that Moriarty's got a sniper watching for John.  I always thought Sherlock arranged for John to leave, because that explains how he knew Mrs Hudson wasn't really dying.  But the more I think about it, the more I believe Moriarty did it, simply because he needed to get John outside the building at some point in order to be in position to be shot by the sniper (who also had to be in position to see Sherlock jump).

All this plotting is making my head hurt.  It can't be that complicated!

Possible, but I assume that the sniper just followed John so it hasn't necessarily to be Moriarty's idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 13, 2013 7:16 pm  #24

If Sherlock knew the call was fake, it was very dangerous to let John go, knowing that Moriarty was a Psycho who is totally unpredictable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

February 13, 2013 7:28 pm  #25

I always took it that Sherlock arranged, it to get John out of the way.  But there just wasn't enough time for him to deal with Moriarty, before John returned.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 13, 2013 7:53 pm  #26

Jacco111 wrote:

If Sherlock knew the call was fake, it was very dangerous to let John go, knowing that Moriarty was a Psycho who is totally unpredictable.

Moriarty still needed John to be alive then* and Sherlock knew that.

* to use him later to force Sherlock to kill himself

ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ᴥส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

February 13, 2013 7:54 pm  #27

Yeah and the point was, Moriarty and Sherlock both knew they were going to be engaged with each other...on the roof!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 14, 2013 7:31 am  #28

I honestly don't know who set up the phone call, but if it was Moriaty, it wouldn't have been all that hard for Sherlock to deduce that the phone call was a fake. We're all missing the obvious fact, that if someone's been shot, paramedics would take them to hospital. John would go to the hospial to see Mrs. Hudson (which of course wouldn't have worked out, as whoever made the phone call needed John out of the way, and they were at St Bart's at the time, so yeah),he wouldn't go and see her at the flat. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's the thing about fanfiction, it's always a self-portrait
People want to believe what is easy, rather than what is right.
"One begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts"

February 14, 2013 7:33 am  #29

And also, someone on here mentioned that Moriaty correctly deduced that Sherlock has a heart. "Every person has their pressure point, someone they want to protect from harm", and plus in TGG, "I have been kindly informed that I don't have a heart" "but we both know that's not quite true". So yes, Moriaty did realize that Sherlock cares about his friends

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's the thing about fanfiction, it's always a self-portrait
People want to believe what is easy, rather than what is right.
"One begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts"

Board footera