BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 22, 2013 7:48 pm  #1

Working on my first Sherlock fan fic!

Well, not just my first Sherlock fan fic, but my first fan fic ever. I'm calling it "Caught In The Storm"...should be interesting , since I've only ever written my own stuff. Anyway, for many reasons I intend on posting it only after it's completed, so it'll be a while but I wanted to post this topic here in case I have questions or need advice for something in regards to the fanfic (say how to translate some stuff into other languages). The most I can say right now is that it's post-Reichenbach, not AU (unless I have a radical change of mind ), will be heavily inspired by various songs I love and will eventually contain some Johnlock stuff...since if I'm to be honest, I love those two way too much to not try my hand at writing some stuff between the two of them, hehe . Eventually I may need some beta readers, not for a while yet though. 
Anyway, I guess that's all for now! Wish me luck! And let's see if I can get the story in my head at least decently down on some paper *crosses fingers* 

-------------------------------------------------------

June 22, 2013 8:16 pm  #2

Re: Working on my first Sherlock fan fic!

Non AU sounds good. I wish you luck with your writing. In case you need anything to be translated into German … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 22, 2013 8:21 pm  #3

Good luck, and - more important - have fun!

Posting it only when it is finished is a wise idea, I think. That way you still have the chance to make changes in earlier chapters once you have finished the end. I've come across a few fanfics lately that felt like the writer had lost the central theme (do you really say leitmotif?).

If you need encouragement or any other kind of help, just say so!

Last edited by Schmiezi (June 22, 2013 8:24 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 22, 2013 8:29 pm  #4

SusiGo wrote:

Non AU sounds good. I wish you luck with your writing. In case you need anything to be translated into German … 

I probably will (since the story will take place in multiple places all over the world...I just haven't decided exactly where yet ) and thank-you!  Thank-you too Schmiezi, I appreciate it , certainly what you said is the main reason I'm waiting until I've completed it before posting...I tend to like to change things along the way while I'm writing, in previous chapters and so on, I'm not very good at sticking to outlines  ...which is why I hardly ever bother writing them, I tend to just have an idea of what I want it to be about and the title...I like letting the story write itself, so to speak 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (June 22, 2013 8:30 pm)

June 26, 2013 7:43 pm  #5

*squeak* I finished my prologue and first chapter! *unleashes the champagne* Uh, I guess it might be just a bit early for that  ...I have a long way to go yet 

June 26, 2013 7:58 pm  #6

How many chapters are you planning to write?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

June 26, 2013 8:02 pm  #7

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

How many chapters are you planning to write?

I'm not sure, I don't have a set number. However with what I have in mind for the story so far, it's gonna be long, so there'll be quite a number of chapters.

October 6, 2013 6:17 am  #8

Well, hm...a few things of changed since I last posted here. First of all, I did have a radical change of mind and left behind my original Sherlock fan fiction idea for a completely new one. Second of all, it is a WIP. However, I fully intend on finishing it. It just might take a while, it'll depend on a few things. Third of all, it is a fusion/crossover AU with The 10th Kingdom...so, yeah...I pretty much changed my mind in every possible way, didn't quite see that coming  ...but sometimes you just gotta go where the writing wind takes you! 

Anyway, for those who are interested (however if you'd prefer to wait until it's finished I completely understand) I've posted the first Chapter! *squee* 

http://archiveofourown.org/works/992809

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (October 6, 2013 6:17 am)

October 7, 2013 12:31 am  #9

October 10, 2013 12:01 am  #10

October 14, 2013 9:55 pm  #11

I don't know if anyone here is even reading it...but what the hey, I've got another chapter up!  http://archiveofourown.org/works/992809/chapters/1990539

November 4, 2013 7:08 pm  #12

So yeah, still posting here to thin air it seems, hehe!  But anyway, finally got the next chapter up. Expect two more in the next few days!  http://archiveofourown.org/works/992809/chapters/2055456

November 4, 2013 7:31 pm  #13

Hey, Silver!  Even if no one is responding here, keep going!  Lot's of people wait until works in progress are completed. I've been super busy but hope to get a chance to dig into your chapters soon.  My Kindle is depleated of good Johnlock stuff so I'm going to be adding stories to read on my train commute. I promise I'll look at yours as soon as I can.  Remember, you are doing this because it's fun and you are honing your skills as a writer as you go. I think that's the most important thing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 4, 2013 7:41 pm  #14

KeepersPrice wrote:

Hey, Silver! Even if no one is responding here, keep going! Lot's of people wait until works in progress are completed. I've been super busy but hope to get a chance to dig into your chapters soon. My Kindle is depleated of good Johnlock stuff so I'm going to be adding stories to read on my train commute. I promise I'll look at yours as soon as I can. Remember, you are doing this because it's fun and you are honing your skills as a writer as you go. I think that's the most important thing.

I know, and thank-you, I really appreciate that!  The story I'm working on is quite the beastie...it'll be a while before it's finished, and by that point it'll be so loooong  ...but hopefully decent! 

November 6, 2013 6:02 pm  #15

November 6, 2013 9:05 pm  #16

Board footera