BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 21, 2013 7:28 pm  #1

How often/how many times have you watched the episodes?

Just about to start my third run through and I was wondering how often you guys watch Sherlock and how many times? I know some folks have mentioned re-watching certain/favourite scenes a lot and also watching the whole 9 hours in one go - a lot. So, what's the average for the members on here?

Last edited by Elvina (June 21, 2013 7:29 pm)

"He will outlive God trying to have the last word."

June 21, 2013 7:36 pm  #2

Re: How often/how many times have you watched the episodes?

It's all a bit of a blur. I lost count...
(But then, I started watching them back in September 2011)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 21, 2013 7:40 pm  #3

Uh...a lot , hehe 

-------------------------------------------------------

June 21, 2013 8:04 pm  #4

No idea, other than "a lot".

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

June 21, 2013 9:14 pm  #5

Still kind of new.  Half way through my 4th round.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 21, 2013 9:15 pm  #6

tobeornot221b wrote:

Tobe, I'm quite sure you're holding the current world record in Sherlock watching. It should become olympic. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 21, 2013 9:18 pm  #7

Must still be something between 10 and 20 times. Of, course, the fact that I'm permanently watching it with one class or another this close to the summer holidays increases the number drastically. I'm getting very creative about what to write down in the class-register.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 21, 2013 9:28 pm  #8

SusiGo wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

Tobe, I'm quite sure you're holding the current world record in Sherlock watching. It should become olympic. 

The honorable moderator is being too kind to me...
Yes, there were times when I watched one episode per evening (Is it my fault that there are just the six of them - plus pilot???). Meanwhile I tend to watch just certain parts - but still...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 21, 2013 9:29 pm  #9

British Cultural Studies
Current Adaptations of English Literature 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 21, 2013 9:33 pm  #10

What I wrote so far:
Cultural Studies (obviously):
Comparing different versions of The Hounds Of Baskerville
Cultural Studies: London
Film Adaptions of Classics
British Banking

Oh, and when we were watching How I met Your Mother I wrote something like "Architectural Studies on New York"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 21, 2013 9:35 pm  #11

LOL So it's not just Sherlock? Architecture, what else? And human relationships, I suppose.
Why couldn't I have a teacher like you? Although we once watched "Life of Brian" in religious education. 

June 21, 2013 9:38 pm  #12

British banking?

I don't know how many times I've watched Sherlock. Certain parts surely a thousand times, the whole series maybe 15-20 times. Not often in comparison to other fans, but then I rarely rewatch films at all, so that's quite a lot for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

June 21, 2013 9:38 pm  #13

The 10th graders have seen all six episodes now, we had to switch shows.

AND a group of then has chosen Sherlock's Theme as the piece of music that will play when they come on stage to receive their leaving certificates. Is that cool or what?

June 21, 2013 9:50 pm  #14

Thanks guys, love the replies so far . Oh my, I would LOVE to have studied the series somehow and/or teach it! I work with 2-5 year olds so doubt I could swing that one. "Now children, today's story is called "A Study in Scarlet"...".

Ok, on an average week how much Sherlock?

"He will outlive God trying to have the last word."

June 21, 2013 9:54 pm  #15

This is just brilliant! So you're finally rewarded with your students' high quality awareness. Good job, Schmiezi!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 22, 2013 10:57 am  #16

My count is surprisingly low. When I really feel like watching Sherlock I normally give it a twenty-minute go.
I can't bring myself to watch a full episode - somehow it is too frustrating for me to put up with the same stuff I already know inside out. Scences I do often rewatch are the drug's bust in Pink, the pool scene in Great Game, many Irene scenes in Scandal, the first scene in Hounds, the opening sequences in Reichenbach and - of course - Sherlock at St. Barts.
I haven't watched Sherlock for weeks now...

Last edited by Mary Me (June 22, 2013 10:58 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 22, 2013 11:48 am  #17

My count is high for specific scenes. Only watched each episode the whole way through once (or twice if you count the audio commentaries) but certain scenes that are MUST SEE AGAIN get watched multiple times. Proud of my computer's DVD fast forward button

June 23, 2013 7:32 pm  #18

I've watched them a few times now. I got my dad watching the boxset with me and we've just watched Series 1. He really enjoyed it! With the cliffhanger at the end of TGG, he was all, "You can't leave it like that!!!" We'll watch Series 2 later in the week. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

June 23, 2013 8:00 pm  #19

I didn't count. Quite often. Not often enough. Not as often as tobe or QE though.
What about "listening to the soundtrack"`? Does that count, too? 
(It helps a lot if you are in need of some Sherlock but have to work or just don't have the dvd at hand, btw.)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 23, 2013 9:00 pm  #20

Broke down and bought the dvd for Series1 even though I can watch them on Netflix.  

Main reason was for the extras and comentaries but I did have another motive.  Going to visit my sister in a couple of weeks and she's promised to give the show a try.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera