BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 28, 2013 3:20 pm  #21

Re: Hannibal

I am really pissed off right now. I just wanted to pre-order the dvd which will be released in September, but then I realised that most of the features will only be available on the US version. And of course I can't watch that because I have a European player. Great.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

October 3, 2013 8:48 pm  #22

Lily wrote:

WHY THE HELL IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS SHOW

I love so much about Hannibal. I don't like all the gore, but I think Mads Mikkelsen and Hugh Dancy are awesome actors and the tension in Lecter's cat and mouse game with Will is intense!

October 3, 2013 8:50 pm  #23

Lily wrote:

I am really pissed off right now. I just wanted to pre-order the dvd which will be released in September, but then I realised that most of the features will only be available on the US version. And of course I can't watch that because I have a European player. Great.

I think you should be able to watch on Project Free TV and then stream it (not necessarily download). Pop ups will occur (just x them). I have the best luck with 'sockshare' as a streaming site for Project Free TV. Not all the links on Project Free will work, but that's how I watched all of American Horror Story and In the Flesh

(In the Flesh is a GREAT miniseries about how suicide impacts a family, and uses 'zombies' and 'partially deceased syndrome' to play out what would happen to a teenager who came back and had to live with the reality of how his family had coped after his death. It's intense and one of my favourite miniseries ever! Definitely check out).

October 9, 2013 5:17 pm  #24

It is easy to find all the extras online, but I really want to buy the dvd - I want to have it at home and I want to show my appreciation for the show by actually paying for it.  It's frustrating to pay the same amount for a version that lacks all the extras.

October 9, 2013 5:53 pm  #25

Are you sure your player can't work with US dvds? Some can both.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 9, 2013 6:24 pm  #26

It definitely can't.  And I don't want to pay all the money for another player just to watch that dvd...
I'll just keep hoping for an updated version.

By the way, episode one and two will air in Germany on Sat. 1 tomorrow at 10:15pm, if anyone's interested.

Last edited by Lily (October 9, 2013 6:24 pm)

February 28, 2014 5:55 pm  #27

So, who's ready for tonight's start of season two?

March 1, 2014 8:01 pm  #28

I'm desperately trying to find out when it airs in Denmark.

I think I'm a little addicted to this show! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 2, 2014 11:43 am  #29

I finally found out when it airs here... April 14...

I'm too impatient! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 2, 2014 1:20 pm  #30

I did not watch it when it began airing in the US at first until a close friend in Leeds started raving about it and encouraged me to watch. I think the show is more about the intense psychological relationship between the main characters than the killings.  If you have a prime Amazon membership you can currently watch the entire first series of Hannibal for free in the US. The show is brilliantly written and produced. Set design and costuming are both noteworthy and contribute greatly to the plot and characters. I dare say that Hannibal's tailor must be in close competition with Mycroft's tailor. I read somewhere that some of the suits used were from Tom Ford.
Series two began airing on Friday evening, and I was enthralled. Can't wait for the next episode. I encourage everyone to at least give it a view.

March 3, 2014 1:22 pm  #31

I started watching the show last week because a wonderful friend of mine (yes, I'm looking at you, Lily) told me about it and I really really like it. What I also enjoy about the show (apart from the brilliant actors) is the whole look of it. It's quite stylish, one could say and it just adds so much to the whole atmosphere.
What worries me though, is that I get quite hungry while watching it....but don't be scared, I'm a vegetarian.

"Do you have an international reputation? ...No."

March 28, 2014 12:18 am  #32

Have just recently started watching.  atm finding it a tad confusing lol.

Benedict Cumberbatch

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

May 24, 2014 3:37 pm  #33

Has anyone seen second season's finale?

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 24, 2014 6:00 pm  #34

Not yet x

Benedict Cumberbatch

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

May 25, 2014 9:37 am  #35

Still catching up on this programme.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 25, 2014 1:28 pm  #36

I have got my mum into it too lol.  She likes almost every prog I do butshe still insists that Sherlock is rubbish :O

Benedict Cumberbatch

May 29, 2014 12:21 pm  #37

I didn't like the second season.
Seriously, what the hell was that?
One of my favorite female characters ever suddenly turned completely useless while my second favorite female character was killed off without any reason. If there would have been any point in killing her, then I would have been okay with it, but it was just completely unnecessary. And she was mentioned how often after that... twice?
These are the two things that pissed me off the most but they definitely weren't the only things that I didn't like.
The cinematography was still amazing, though.

May 29, 2014 12:44 pm  #38

SPOILER:

I didn't like that ending ( killing all main characters, seriously? ) but I have to admit that view of Hannibal walking in the rain with this beautiful classical music at the background was absolutely perfect and unforgettable.

Last edited by MartaSt (May 29, 2014 12:44 pm)

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 29, 2014 3:06 pm  #39

SPOILER BELOW

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Who says they're dead? I think the only one definitely dead is Abigail, the others are still hit and miss. I thought it was an epic finale. 

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (May 29, 2014 3:06 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 29, 2014 7:56 pm  #40

STILL SPOILER

I really can't see how Will could survive with his guts outside. Well, we will see how producers will solve it in the 3 season.

"

Board footera