BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 14, 2013 9:18 pm  #1

The Jerusalem Movie

Benedict is narrating national Geographics The Jerusalem Movie which will be shown in IMAX and giant screen cinemas this year. When I find out any more details I will post them here.

There is a photo of him at work on this project on Twitter. I am, as many of you will know, absolutely hopeless at posting from Twitter so...if any of the more adept members of this forum, who follow me on Twitter, can find my retweet of the photo please can they post it here. Thank you muchly! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 23, 2013 3:45 pm  #2

Re: The Jerusalem Movie

The trailer for this has been released:

Here's a list of planned screenings: http://www.jerusalemthemovie.com/#/?modal=0&page=find-a-theater

So far, only in the US, UK and one in France though  I hope they're going to show this in other countries, too - I'd really like to watch it...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

September 23, 2013 3:52 pm  #3

I would love to see this but there is no IMAX cinema around here. Besides, I suppose they would show it with a German narrator. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 23, 2013 4:29 pm  #4

SusiGo wrote:

I would love to see this but there is no IMAX cinema around here. Besides, I suppose they would show it with a German narrator. 

I'm not sure about that, I was hoping they would just subtitle it... what did they do with previous films?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

September 23, 2013 5:08 pm  #5

I suppose they would use a good German actor to narrate the film, no subtitles. Just think of "Third Star" which is only released on DVD in Germany and nevertheless has been dubbed. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 11, 2013 8:05 pm  #6

I am going to try seeing this sometime over the weekend; I got almost my entire family interested in it (My mum doesn't know that Benedict is in it though. ). 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

March 23, 2015 3:28 am  #7

I just found a review of Jerusalem

http://variety.com/2015/film/reviews/film-review-jerusalem-1201457079/

I despair of ever getting a chance to see this at an IMAX cinema, but maybe it will be released on DVD some day...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Board footera