BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 11, 2012 8:02 am  #61

Re: Parade's End

Thanks for the links to the articles, Kazza. I found the second one, by Benjamin Secher, especially interesting. He's so clever, our boy!

There is also a great article in The independent. But in the words of River Song "Spoilers, sweetie"

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/features/parades-end-a-series-to-challenge-downton-8026636.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 11, 2012 8:09 am  #62

Yes, I was in the process of reading through the Independent one.
Seems like it's "interview season" for Benedict so no doubt in the coming days there will be another 20 or so posted that are just 'cut ups' of the originals lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 11, 2012 8:19 am  #63

At least with the full interviews we get his comments in context. It's annoying to read cut-and-paste interviews with comments rearranged to fit a journalist's agenda. That applies not just to Ben but to a wide range of subjects, by the way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

August 11, 2012 8:25 am  #64

Got a bit afraid here:
Does the actor now yearn, I wonder, for a change from all these fiercely intelligent men he keeps playing? "I'd love to do a slacker comedy where I'm just getting stoned," he admits. In fact Parade's End, and the new series of Sherlock, which begins filming in January, could be the last we see of Cumberbatch in television roles.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 11, 2012 8:56 am  #65

Sorry, Mattlocked, I posted my answer to your post in the Ben's in love thread .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 11, 2012 9:00 am  #66

SusiGo wrote:

Sorry, Mattlocked, I posted my answer to your post in the Ben's in love thread .

OMG WTF Ben's in love thread! What thread is that? What have I missed?

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

August 11, 2012 9:01 am  #67

Calm down, girl, he's just in love with the role of Christopher Tietjens  . It's in the Benedict's press section.

Last edited by SusiGo (August 11, 2012 9:04 am)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 11, 2012 9:10 am  #68

SusiGo wrote:

Calm down, girl, he's just in love with the role of Christopher Tietjens  . It's in the Benedict's press section.

Thank God, I nearly had a heart attack

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

August 11, 2012 9:50 am  #69

Well, that title was quite a trap! 

August 11, 2012 10:37 am  #70

Mattlocked wrote:

Well, that title was quite a trap! 

Goodness, me. I hope you don't think I would knowingly taunt the fangirls among us like that?!!
The thought never entered my mind.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 11, 2012 10:46 am  #71

hepzibah wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

OMG WTF Ben's in love thread! What thread is that? What have I missed?

Oh, I really hope he finds someone soon. Though I think he must be careful now. There'll be a lot of women waiting to catch him and... his fame.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

August 11, 2012 11:31 am  #72

None of us here, I suppose...
WE are AAAALL  angels............... (or are we only on the side of them?  )

August 11, 2012 3:00 pm  #73

Mattlocked wrote:

None of us here, I suppose...
WE are AAAALL  angels............... (or are we only on the side of them?  )

I'm most definitely ONLY on their side

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

August 11, 2012 3:36 pm  #74

It's funny when he says that he would have preferred to be even more padded out (can I say that?) but that then he wouldn't have been attractive enough to get a girl like Adelaide Clemens. Maybe we should send him some rice cakes to help him become thin enough for Sherlock. 

August 11, 2012 3:45 pm  #75

Sorry, Susi, language barriers again... what does "padded out" mean?

Last edited by Irene Adler (August 11, 2012 3:46 pm)

August 11, 2012 3:49 pm  #76

"blown up" (probably another wrong expression. )   Fatter. 

Last edited by Mattlocked (August 11, 2012 3:50 pm)

August 11, 2012 3:59 pm  #77

I wasn't sure if I could use the word "padded out" for a human body or just for furniture (e.g. an upholstered sofa or chair). I was just referring to the fact that he had to look more plump than he usually does because in the book the character is constantly described as being large and strong and slightly chubby.

August 11, 2012 6:55 pm  #78

Thanks you both for the explanations. Now I understand

August 12, 2012 6:40 pm  #79

Here's a trailer, I hope it hasn't been posted elsewhere. After having read 90% of the book and wondering all the time how his name is pronounced I finally know  :

August 13, 2012 8:37 am  #80

Thanks heaps. Can certainly spot the cheek padding there.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

Board footera