BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 21, 2012 10:13 am  #21

Re: Parade's End

This is the site of the set dresser

http://pruehoward.com/parades-end

If you click on the photos, they enlarge and you can get a better look

Last edited by hepzibah (July 21, 2012 10:18 am)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 24, 2012 5:02 pm  #22

Sherlockology have posted that various stores in the UK are now listing Pre-orders for the DVD and Blu Ray editions of Parade's End for October availability. This suggests broadcast in September.

The DVD will be encoded Region 2 (UK, Europe) and Blu Ray is likely to be region free but subject to 1080i 50hz encoding, which renders disc unplayable on TTSC based players from Panasonic and Sony including Playstation 3 in regions including the US. They recommend checking the player manual or model for compatibility before ordering.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 25, 2012 10:40 pm  #23

How wonderful, that's not such a horribly long waiting time.
I've got to start reading the books soon.

--------------------------------------------------
Crime in Progress. Please Disturb.

July 26, 2012 7:55 am  #24

I found a trailer for the new BBC dramas on YouTube yesterday and got all excited about like 4 seconds of Parade's End footage. 

But even that looked really amazing and I'm looking forward to it! If it won't be broadcasted here and I might have to be happy with what I find on the web and wait for the DVD, but that doesn't really matter, I'm excited to see it either way!

I have to say, I love the way these trailers are made, good music choice, good cuts etc. Makes it even harder to wait until we finally get to see it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: If I wasn't everything that you think I am, everything that I think I am, would you still want to help me?
Molly: What do you need?
Sherlock: You.

July 26, 2012 8:56 am  #25

I'm looking forward to the series so much but … just a tiny little question … take a look at the pictures … what's happened to his cheekbones? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 26, 2012 12:23 pm  #26

Here's my attempt to get some Parade's End video input from YouTube on here. Wish me luck!

Benedict talks about Parade's End.

Last edited by Davina (July 26, 2012 12:24 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 26, 2012 1:00 pm  #27

SusiGo wrote:

I'm looking forward to the series so much but … just a tiny little question … take a look at the pictures … what's happened to his cheekbones? 

Hi SusiGo,

haven't seen the clips yet but I seem to remember reading that he had some sort of cheek padding and a fat suit! Only read that recently, If I find out where I'll post a link.

July 26, 2012 1:15 pm  #28

JaneCo wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Hi SusiGo,

haven't seen the clips yet but I seem to remember reading that he had some sort of cheek padding and a fat suit! Only read that recently, If I find out where I'll post a link.

OMG, tell me it isn't true. I mean, these cheekbones are one of his most beautiful, er, characteristic traits … And a fait suit on that body? Okay, I hope it's for a good cause.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 26, 2012 1:17 pm  #29

Benny's love interest in Parade's End is played by an Aussie chickie, Adelaide Clemens

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adelaide_Clemens

Maybe he will develop a taste for Aussie women (I know, shut up)

When I saw the pics floating around I thought she looked like Kirsten Dunst, my ladycrush 

Last edited by hepzibah (July 26, 2012 1:19 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 26, 2012 2:08 pm  #30

Not an interview with Benedict, but quite informative,

July 26, 2012 6:17 pm  #31

www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-07-25/watch-clips-of-benedict-cumberbatch-in-parades-end-as-bbc2-unveils-new-season-of-drama

July 27, 2012 6:57 am  #32

Here you'll find a link to an Empire article on Parade's End:

http://smthngred.tumblr.com/

July 27, 2012 5:59 pm  #33

Another Parade's end pic, from IMDB and Tumblr

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 27, 2012 6:07 pm  #34

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 27, 2012 6:35 pm  #35

Interesting review, thanks very much, Hepzibah. I'll get it on DVD as soon as it becomes available. And I just bought the ebook.

July 27, 2012 6:36 pm  #36

No Ben in this pic but the women's outfits are gorgeous

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 27, 2012 6:50 pm  #37

I love the style of that period shortly before and during WWI. The blonde lady in the middle, however, is some years in advance with her 1920s hairstyle. She's the Australian actress, isn't she?

July 27, 2012 6:57 pm  #38

If my vague knowledge of early 20th centruy history and the suffragette movement serves me right, I think women started cutting their hair short in the 1920s as a rebellion against the status quo, much like getting a tattoo today. I have had my hair cut very short for years because it bugs me to have it long. And, yes, the girl in the middle is Adelaide Clemens. All we Aussie chicks look just like her. Why are you laughing?

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 27, 2012 7:34 pm  #39

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 29, 2012 9:35 pm  #40

Looks like Parade's End is likely to be shown in the UK mid to late-August 2012.

Board footera