BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 14, 2013 12:13 pm  #281

Re: Parade's End

And four more awards, including one for Benedict as best actor (for PE and Sherlock) 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21768891

Last edited by SusiGo (March 14, 2013 12:26 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 14, 2013 5:08 pm  #282

Woohoo!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 16, 2013 11:34 am  #283

Can't find if this has been posted already. It just caughed my eyes because at first I got the headline a tiny bit wrong............ *cogh* 

http://deareje.tumblr.com/post/45448963002/american-cinematographer-february-2013#_=_

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 16, 2013 11:51 am  #284

I think it hasn't been posted yet. I read some of it. I don't know much about film technique but it shows how sophisticated and well thought-out the whole series is. 
P.S. Still laughing at your new sig. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 25, 2013 11:40 am  #285

Cannot remember if this has been posted yet but Parade's End is up for 5 Craft Awards at the Baftas.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 9, 2013 6:43 am  #286

No nomination for Benedict at the BAFTAs. I really don't understand this. No award for Hawking, none for Sherlock and now not even a nomination. It's a shame. 

April 9, 2013 7:16 am  #287

An absolute disgrace...AGAIN.
But why are we surprised?
Always makes me think of the Rolling Stones song, the line:  If I stuck a pen into my heart and bled right here on the page...would it satisfy you?
Really, what does this man have to do, to get the recognition he deserves...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 9, 2013 7:25 am  #288

My thoughs exactly. If they had snubbed PE as a whole because they didn't like it … but to nominate the film and Rebecca Hall (deservedly) and ignore Benedict … 

April 10, 2013 8:39 am  #289

Feck I didn't realise that.
Awful.

April 11, 2013 6:48 pm  #290

Finally PE will be shown on German TV (as "Der letzte Gentleman", i.e. "The Last Gentleman"). Thank you, arte. 

http://presse.arte.tv/ArtePro2/index.jsp

April 11, 2013 6:50 pm  #291

That is what we were hoping for - wonderful!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 22, 2013 1:49 pm  #292

Benedict has been nominated at the Critics Choice Television Awards as Best Actor in a Movie or Mini Series. 

May 22, 2013 3:51 pm  #293

This is nice . However, realistically speaking, I don't think he has much chance to win against Michael Douglas and Al Pacino. Still, even a nomination is a very good thing

May 22, 2013 4:04 pm  #294

No, he doesn't have a realistic chance but after all it's more than they did at the BAFTAs. And even though it's in the States. 

February 2, 2014 6:45 pm  #295

I don't have time to read all 20 pages of this thread, so a sorry if this has already been asked.  But what is with his mouth in Parade's End? It's like he's holding cotton swabs in his cheeks, or wearing false teeth!  His smile looks weird, he keesp making a funny face when he's not smiling... Where they just trying to make his face look less... nice?  Or minimize his cheekbones or something?  I'm finding that whatever it is he and director are going for here is really distracting from my enjoyment of the series, that plus the terrible dye job in his hair.  I mean honestlly...

February 2, 2014 9:05 pm  #296

He was supposed to be very fat, so they padded out his cheeks.
The hair was because of him just having come from filming something else, with a different dye job.
Things like that don't distract me from a good series.

February 2, 2014 9:14 pm  #297

In the books Christopher Tietjens is described as having blonde hair. Therefore he dyed his hair blonde. 

February 2, 2014 9:50 pm  #298

TeaTime wrote:

I don't have time to read all 20 pages of this thread, so a sorry if this has already been asked. ...

What if you just use the Search Function? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 2, 2014 9:51 pm  #299

Nah... too easy...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

February 2, 2014 9:56 pm  #300

I'm just glad Benedict with blonde hair doesn't distract me at all, or I would have had a severe problem with TFE...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera