BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2013 8:02 pm  #241

Re: Parade's End

Not at all. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 12, 2013 9:35 pm  #242

I hadn't read the book either but I enjoyed the show immensely. It had very funny moments as well as tragic ones, I thought all actors played really well and I was blown away by BC's performance, one scene that still remains with me is when he describes the sounds of the various bombs to Sylvia. I thought it makes you really care for the main character and you want things to end well for him. It's also very romantic in a subdued way, and quite possibly being Miss Wannop has become my favorite fantasy over being Lizzie Bennet in the 1995 version of Pride & Prejudice.

January 12, 2013 9:37 pm  #243

I agree. And love the pictures, too.
And though it's a while ago I'm still wondering whom I like more - Sylvia or Ms. Wannop. I think it's Sylvia. She touched me deeper.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 12, 2013 9:46 pm  #244

I like Rebecca Hall's performance very much. She's brilliant and brings so many facets to the part, probably more than there are in the book. That's at least my opinion. The desperate love she feels for Christopher is much more pronounced than in the books and she does it beautifully. But as a character (and a partner for Christopher) I prefer Valentine.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 12, 2013 9:51 pm  #245

Mattlocked wrote:

And though it's a while ago I'm still wondering whom I like more - Sylvia or Ms. Wannop. I think it's Sylvia. She touched me deeper.

Yes, she was very touching, and when she delivered that line about the "musk" I thought men all over Great Britain were probably swooning and fainting.

January 12, 2013 9:54 pm  #246

And the last scene with Christopher on the stairs … 

February 6, 2013 1:56 pm  #247

PE has been nominated for a South Bank Award for Best TV Drama. 

February 6, 2013 4:50 pm  #248

Woohoo!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 7, 2013 7:42 am  #249

​ Five nominations for PE in the Broadcasting Press Guild Awards:

http://m.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/feb/07/parades-end-broadcasting-press-guild-awards

February 7, 2013 6:09 pm  #250

SusiGo wrote:

http://m.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/feb/07/parades-end-broadcasting-press-guild-awards

Sherlock and PE against each other in the Best drama series category...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 7, 2013 6:34 pm  #251

Yes, that's a shame. But they couldn't ignore one of them either. Now let's hope that Benedict finally wins an award, after all he's been nominated not only for one but for two wonderful performances. 

February 7, 2013 6:41 pm  #252

Let's hope he doesn't lose out twice!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 7, 2013 6:47 pm  #253

Then I'm flying over and tell them "§&&(&(&/(&"/(%&/§%&/%/§%/( 

February 7, 2013 6:51 pm  #254

tobeornot221b wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Reminds me of a "best actor" category in some fanfic.................... Hm..................... 

February 7, 2013 6:55 pm  #255

Mattlocked wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Reminds me of a "best actor" category in some fanfic.................... Hm.....................

...and we both know who won...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 7, 2013 7:01 pm  #256

February 11, 2013 9:50 am  #257

I'm just listening to the score of PE and do recommend it. It's really beautiful and even makes doing the tax return bearable. A bit distracting though. 

February 21, 2013 2:21 am  #258

Somewhere on the Forum it was discussed when Parade's End would be on HBO in America.  I think I remember something about the end of February.  Is it still a go?  And if so, what are the dates again?  Sorry, I've been searching the threads but just can't find it.  Thanks!

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

February 21, 2013 5:26 am  #259

KeepersPrice wrote:

Somewhere on the Forum it was discussed when Parade's End would be on HBO in America.  I think I remember something about the end of February.  Is it still a go?  And if so, what are the dates again?  Sorry, I've been searching the threads but just can't find it.  Thanks!

Yep!  The dates of all the upcoming stuff fans would love to know is actually really helpfully displayed on the http://www.benedictcumberbatch.co.uk fansite's front page.  (*cough.... noreasonpointingtothesiteinstead.... cough*... except a great resource of any news wanna know about... and ahem... the shiver-inducing threatening voice-over for Star Trek posted with recent stuff on front page....  0 :-)  )

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 21, 2013 8:15 am  #260

Feeling quite spoilt as the new advert  for BBC 2 (on BBC which I've always thought was a bit strange) ends with a shot of Benedict in Parade's End.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera