BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 18, 2012 7:03 pm  #201

Re: Parade's End

The DVD for area 2 will be out October 1st.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 20, 2012 5:31 pm  #202

A lovely article but it's NOT about Benedict! Ha! Actually it is all about Adelaide Clemens and how she won the role of Valentine Wannop. Well worth reading.

www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/features/valentines-day-adelaide-clemens-has-stolen-the-show-in-the-bbc-drama-parades-end-8157366.html

Last edited by Davina (September 20, 2012 5:32 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 20, 2012 5:39 pm  #203

Not a review as such but this is an excellent article, as one would expect from The Guardian. The main query here is why the BBC executives decided to screen it on a Friday night starting in August.

www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2012/sep/20/have-you-been-watching-parades-end?newsfeed=true

September 21, 2012 5:29 pm  #204

For those who have problems understanding: There are actually whole transcripts of the episodes on the internet! If you look for it, you will surely find something. I have downloaded subtitles for the episodes which come in some special format. I don't know, I'm sure you could get them to show up at the exact time they are talked out loud, but I couldn't figure out how...
If you're interested, just look for "Parade's End episode xy subtitles" on google. 
(if you don't find anything, you can ask me... but for the ones I found you need to have a special computer program to open it)

Woah, today's the last episode. I don't want it to end yet! I wasn't interested in it for anything else than Benedict at the beginning, but now I've really really enjoyed myself watching it.
What will I do now? Without a weekly dose of new Batch footage? 

September 22, 2012 9:11 pm  #205

I feel the same way, Sammy!

Honestly, I didn't really like the ending, but I loved watching the show and enjoyed Ben of course.  Now what's the next thing he'll be in?  Hobbit?  And we won't even see him in that one.

September 22, 2012 10:09 pm  #206

I think it was great! I loved it.
The ending left me feeling all fluffy and warm inside.  :3 

Yes, I think we're gonna have to wait a long time.

September 23, 2012 1:54 am  #207

I guess the next thing we'll see him in is Star Trek in spring?  Yikes!  I'll just have to watch all of his previous films in the meantime.

September 24, 2012 12:38 pm  #208

I enjoyed the last episode and was pleased with the ending. I will now read the book and spot the differences. I thought the set designs of the trenches and No-man's Land were excellent. Here are links to some original images. I include the soap one to reflect the criticism of Christopher being dirty.

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Chateau_Wood_Ypres_1917.jpg
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cheshire_Regiment_trench_Somme_1916.jpg
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sunlight_Soap_WW_1_Ad.jpg

Last edited by Davina (September 24, 2012 12:41 pm)

September 24, 2012 6:36 pm  #209

I watched the first episode when it came out and though I loved the acting, I couldn't get into the story. You guys are making me re-think to watch them all...I'm torn.

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

September 28, 2012 6:41 am  #210

“We were particularly obsessed with Benedict Cumberbatch’s hair

Susanna White on making Parade’s End.

Well, who isn't? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 15, 2012 4:24 pm  #211

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 15, 2012 8:01 pm  #212

It's from the Behind the Scenes on the DVD and it's hilarious, spitting his tea or whatever it is everywhere. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 16, 2012 5:21 pm  #213

This may have been posted on different threads, not sure. Enjoy anyway

http://www.nickbriggs.com/Galleries.html

Parade's End is there. Also, have a look Behind The Scenes for some PE shots. And the Downton dresses, so pretty, I would wear them today.

There are some other really nice galleries of various shows. And there can never be enough pics of Hiddles (my secondary fangirl target, the voice, OMG)
If Ben and Tom ever appear in a movie together with more than just a few scenes (hello, Warhorse), well, I just won't be responsible for my actions, is all I can say.

Last edited by hepzibah (October 16, 2012 5:23 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

October 16, 2012 5:35 pm  #214

I agree with you about Tom...very yummy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 16, 2012 8:33 pm  #215

Didn't see this one before... Check Rebecca's boots! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 16, 2012 8:59 pm  #216

Mattlocked wrote:

Didn't see this one before... Check Rebecca's boots! 

The combination is hilarious. I'm wondering about the temperatures - sunlight, sleeveless dress and then these Ugg things. Dry leaves on the ground, must be in fall.

October 17, 2012 6:23 am  #217

I was presuming it was more to keep her feet clean/dry, rather than warm...
Or maybe she just wanted to be comfortable!

October 25, 2012 10:25 am  #218

My PE DVDs have just arrived - yeah! (Along with the Casebook)
What did I actually plan for the rest of the day?

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 25, 2012 10:44 am  #219

Cooking and baking for the guests that will come? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 25, 2012 10:47 am  #220

Mattlocked wrote:

Cooking and baking for the guests that will come? 

Cooking? Baking? Not your housekeeper...
(Tomorrow is the perfect day to do so, I presume!)

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera