BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 25, 2013 12:02 pm  #161

Re: Book Title Game (inspired by Cabin Pressure)

Try this one:

Hans goes on a trip to find his mum, gets a glass to see through while told he will need it and a book about fizz.

I expended the description to give you something more to work with.

Last edited by Be (June 27, 2013 7:23 am)

June 30, 2013 11:04 am  #162

Be, I'm struggling with this. Is it an English book?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 30, 2013 11:12 am  #163

While I'm trying to work out Be's have a go at this one:

A Book Man Falls in Love With Boy and Dies in Old Town With Just Boats

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 30, 2013 11:22 am  #164

davina: Death In Venice by Thomas Mann.

or, of course, Tod in Venedig, as we call it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 30, 2013 2:52 pm  #165

Well done! Any idea about Be's one?

June 30, 2013 4:29 pm  #166

Not the slightest idea. I can't recall a book with a protagonist called Hans who searches for his mother. And what about a looking glass? No idea, sorry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 1, 2013 7:13 am  #167

Hans goes on a trip to find his mum, gets a glass to see through while told he will need it and a book about fizz.

The author is of Norwegian origin. He began as philosophy teacher.  

July 1, 2013 7:23 am  #168

The Solitaire Mystery by Jostein Gaarder?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 1, 2013 7:36 am  #169

SusiGo wrote:

The Solitaire Mystery by Jostein Gaarder?

Yes. Well done.

July 1, 2013 7:47 am  #170

"Sad tale of black man in south" 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 1, 2013 8:09 am  #171

Uncle Tom's Cabin?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

July 1, 2013 8:19 am  #172

Righto. 

July 1, 2013 8:22 am  #173

House with Beds in the North

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

July 1, 2013 8:25 am  #174

The Hotel New Hampshire?

July 1, 2013 8:31 am  #175

Yessss! 

July 2, 2013 3:50 am  #176

Man, you guys are good at that!  :D   Throwing this one in here, just because it sounds cute, and loved the book:
'A lot and a lot of dogs with spots.'

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

July 2, 2013 8:16 am  #177

101 Dalmations.
Now I'm useless at this as you know, but:

One Man and his man friend.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 9, 2013 6:41 pm  #178

Robinson Crusoe?

July 9, 2013 8:45 pm  #179

Feck, so long ago I'd forgotten all about it.
But yes, Davina...how useless was I?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 10, 2013 6:54 am  #180

Small Beasts With Long Tails And Guys

Board footera