BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 21, 2013 6:01 pm  #141

Re: Book Title Game (inspired by Cabin Pressure)

Odysseus, shy? Kinda like Moriarty, huh?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 21, 2013 7:29 pm  #142

shy and not far from Be's book 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 21, 2013 7:47 pm  #143

Thomas Mann, "Der Zauberberg"? "The Magic Mountain"?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 21, 2013 8:30 pm  #144

Yes, excellent 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 21, 2013 8:33 pm  #145

Man tried for crime he did not do gets out of jail thanks to old man who gives him lots of dough and then goes eye for an eye with foes.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

June 21, 2013 8:39 pm  #146

Les Miserables.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 21, 2013 8:43 pm  #147

Nope  Val Jean didn't seek vengeance ;)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

June 21, 2013 8:46 pm  #148

The Count of Monte Christo?

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 21, 2013 8:55 pm  #149

SusiGo wrote:

The Count of Monte Christo?

That's it!

June 21, 2013 9:04 pm  #150

Feck I was gonna say that 1st!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 21, 2013 9:05 pm  #151

Long time back two men who look the same change place one dies one not

June 21, 2013 9:14 pm  #152

Jeez, I'm gonna get confused again.
So I'm saying both:
The man in the iron mask.
Tale of two cities.

June 21, 2013 9:24 pm  #153

The second is right. Bingo! 

June 21, 2013 9:30 pm  #154

Woohoo!
Ok.  One of my fave books:
People who live in  an Irish city!

June 21, 2013 9:37 pm  #155

Dubliners? (But remember, in the description only words of one syllable are allowed )

Last edited by SusiGo (June 21, 2013 9:38 pm)

June 21, 2013 9:54 pm  #156

Yes and sorry, didn't know that...wondered why everybody was speaking in such a  stilted manner!
Should remember my CP!

June 24, 2013 5:25 pm  #157

Try this one:

Burn The Books And Not Put Out Fires

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 24, 2013 5:32 pm  #158

Davina wrote:

Try this one:

Burn The Books And Not Put Out Fires

Ooh, ooh....  Fahrenheit 451! 

(shhh....  I'm trying to stay off and with family, but been checking what's been up on here from phone every so often to not be swamped when I get back (pfft... besides... it's awesome here ;P)  and when I saw your latest, I just couldn't resist excitedly perking up at a clever title I was fairly certain I knew...  ;D)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 24, 2013 5:33 pm  #159

Fahrenheit 451?

Oh, didn't see you were faster, Russell! 

Last edited by Harriet (June 24, 2013 5:33 pm)

June 24, 2013 8:35 pm  #160

Correct! One of my favourite books. Go on...someone post another!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera