BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 2, 2013 4:08 pm  #1

Awkwardly waves

Hello mysterious and new forum full of strangers, I am Atara. I am here for obvious reasons, tentitively stepping back into the world of fan forums which I have not been on since way back in the League of Gentleman days. 

Last edited by Atara (June 2, 2013 4:53 pm)

June 2, 2013 4:11 pm  #2

Re: Awkwardly waves

Hello and welcome! 

-------------------------------------------------------

June 2, 2013 4:16 pm  #3

Hi Atara,

welcome. You have surely picked the right forum for your "return". It is full of nice and warm people.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 2, 2013 4:25 pm  #4

Welcome, Atara, Schmiezi's right, there are a lot of nice people here. Have fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 2, 2013 4:29 pm  #5

Nice you chose our forum of all places, Atara.
Make yourself feel at home!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 2, 2013 4:29 pm  #6

Hello and welcome to the forum, Atara! 

You've picked a wonderful community for your return. A warm welcome from me too! Make yourself at home and have a great time here. 
Don't hestitate to tell us more about you, if you like.

Greetings from Germany,
Mary

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 2, 2013 4:53 pm  #7

Hello,Atara.
Glad to have You here.

Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

June 2, 2013 4:53 pm  #8

Hello. 

June 2, 2013 6:22 pm  #9

Hello and welcome to the forum Atara. Fan of Mark Gatiss?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 2, 2013 7:58 pm  #10

Hi, warm welcome from me as well 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 2, 2013 8:54 pm  #11

Davina wrote:

Hello and welcome to the forum Atara. Fan of Mark Gatiss?

Yes, Mark Gatiss was my favourite 'Gent' so I was delighted when he (and Moffat) started Sherlock as I have adored ACDs work since I was a kid. 

Plus he is from County Durham and worked in the Psychiatric Hospital that my Grandmother spent a lot of time in so I always found that... amusing. Is that sordid...maybe?

He was my inital draw to Sherlock, I knew it'd be brilliant and then Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman and ALL the feels. 

June 3, 2013 12:50 pm  #12

Not sordid but possibly somewhat bizarre. Love his accent!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 3, 2013 9:08 pm  #13

Hey Atara! And you're from Edinburgh, I see. Nice. ACD territory!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 4, 2013 2:55 am  #14

Welcome!

Only been here a few days myself.,  Dive on in the water's lovely.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 5, 2013 10:08 am  #15

Welcome, Atara. Such a pretty name.

------------------------------------------
There's no shortcut to a dream. It's all blood and sweat and life is what you manage in between.

June 7, 2013 1:50 pm  #16

Welcome Atara!

Oh, I see you're from Edinburgh! I'm going there in a month. Just a couple of days, but if you have any tips or recommandations, I'd be very glad!

Just like old times...

June 7, 2013 3:51 pm  #17

Howdy, Atara, and welcome to the forum.

Have fun...

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

Board footera