BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 10, 2013 5:56 am  #1201

Re: Finally: The Sherlock/John picture thread

Good point.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 10, 2013 6:00 am  #1202

SolarSystem wrote:

Right, after all he asks Mrs. Hudson if Sherlock ever had a girlfriend, boyfriend... he's probably a bit surprised by Sherlock's reaction to Irene...

We were ALL surprised by Sherlock's reaction to The Woman.

In John's defense, he'd been through the wringer that day. I don't remember about what happened before the "punch me in the face" bit, but from that point on, being decked by Sherlock and decking him in return, coming into Irene's LR to find her naked and Sherlock staring, a gun held to John's head and then all of them fighting the bad guys, Sherlock being drugged and out flat on the floor, having to horse Sherlock into a cab and up the stairs at Baker St, literally drop him into his bed. Whew! I can forgive John for not having much finesse there. He must have thought to himself that survival was easier back in the war, easier than trying to keep Sherlock's sh** together. lol

September 10, 2013 7:39 am  #1203

ancientsgate wrote:

I don't remember about what happened before the "punch me in the face" bit,

...you don't remember? Four words: "Buckingham Palace" and "no pants".

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

September 10, 2013 8:21 am  #1204

tobeornot221b wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Lovely moment, Tobe. And then there's John patting Sherlock's leg (or bum) after he's put him to bed again. 

Patting - yes. The way I'd pat the wings of a car...

The way John touches him is quite telling. He conveys the impression that he distances himself being in doctor mode and happy that Sherlock is save and finally put to bed where he can't get into danger or cause danger.

Last edited by Be (September 10, 2013 8:44 am)

September 10, 2013 9:19 am  #1205

ancientsgate wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Right, after all he asks Mrs. Hudson if Sherlock ever had a girlfriend, boyfriend... he's probably a bit surprised by Sherlock's reaction to Irene...

We were ALL surprised by Sherlock's reaction to The Woman.

I am convinced that Sherlock's reactions towards her and her story can be explaned without references towards sexual attraction between the two of them.
Maybe we just haven't seen/observed what Sherlock saw and observed. We are not explicitly told what he saw. But we can look at everything that he saw... (Except what is not supposed to be seen, of course ). When Irene was nude Sherlock was surprised but later he took her measurements and I am quite sure that he also made some further deductions about her.
We might see dedutions about her in flashbacks in series 3.

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=94352#p94352

September 10, 2013 12:47 pm  #1206

SolarSystem wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

I don't remember about what happened before the "punch me in the face" bit,

...you don't remember? Four words: "Buckingham Palace" and "no pants".

Ah. Yes. I haven't watched the episodes in many months, so various bits have gotten mixed up in my poor head. Amazing fictional characters, those guys. No one in RL could ever jam so much into one teeny day. But fun to watch.

September 10, 2013 3:49 pm  #1207

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 10, 2013 4:02 pm  #1208

For me this is the moment in which John shows him what it means to care for someone. And Sherlock makes the same "mistake" by not running away.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 10, 2013 4:18 pm  #1209

Bless.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 10, 2013 4:49 pm  #1210

SusiGo wrote:

For me this is the moment in which John shows him what it means to care for someone. And Sherlock makes the same "mistake" by not running away.

You've captured a terrific moment here. I think I will just stare at his face for a while...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 10, 2013 6:13 pm  #1211

kittykat wrote:

Ah, two lights in the darkness, as it were.

September 10, 2013 7:47 pm  #1212

Schmiezi wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

You've captured a terrific moment here. I think I will just stare at his face for a while...

And looks like he's thinking, oh no, this stupid man, how can he do this ... for me ... just when I was sure I didn't have a heart ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

September 11, 2013 8:46 am  #1213

I hope you will excuse another pic in which you see only Sherlock but only now I started to look for pictures in which he reacts to something John does or says. 

This is the exact moment in which Sherlock fears he might have offended John once too often by his behaviour. It is immediately after saying “I don’t have friends. I’ve just got one” when John turns to walk away. Sherlock seems to be a bit desperate thinking “What else can I say if that one didn’t work?”

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 11, 2013 9:22 am  #1214

It's a great moment, Susi. To me it always seems that he his quite a bit baffled by John turning around and walking away. It seems he thought that saying "I've just got one" would do the trick (which it did, he just doesn't get it at that very moment). But John just turning around and walking away... yes, Sherlock looks pretty desperate.
And I absolutely love John for reacting the way he does, because otherwise... Sherlock never would have delivered his little "You're the conductor of light!"-speech, which always cracks me up.

September 11, 2013 5:27 pm  #1215

I absolutely love that moment.    'Oh, I'll just show a bit of emotion and give him a rare moment of complimenting truth... he'll love it and can't possible stay mad at me... he always...  ...wait... what?  That didn't work?!  Crap, where is he going... John?   John!  Hurry, think of another compliment!'        And yes, John deciding to just give him a little bit of 'what for'!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

September 11, 2013 7:37 pm  #1216

I'd like to see John give Sherlock a 'what for'...but that's a topic for a different thread, if you get my meaning

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 11, 2013 8:39 pm  #1217

Sometimes even John wonders if Sherlock is for real or not...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 11, 2013 8:40 pm  #1218

Thud. That's all I can say. Sorry. 

September 11, 2013 8:43 pm  #1219

September 11, 2013 9:25 pm  #1220

kittykat wrote:

Bachelor John Watson! Bachelor! What are they implying??

Board footera