BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 9, 2013 4:29 pm  #1181

Re: Finally: The Sherlock/John picture thread

I was shocked when John appeared to be Moriarty, but then when he opened the coat I was like, "Oh God no...not him too..." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 9, 2013 4:32 pm  #1182

I may be sentimental but I suppose this is exactly Sherlock's thought after realising that John is not Moriarty. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 9, 2013 4:56 pm  #1183

I also wonder if Sherlock feels a little responsible for exposing John to this danger.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 9, 2013 5:04 pm  #1184

besleybean wrote:

I also wonder if Sherlock feels a little responsible for exposing John to this danger.

I'd think: no. Finally, John has been warned. We all recall that 22 second dialogue from PINK, ending with: "Wanna see some more?" - "Oh.God.Yes."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 9, 2013 5:10 pm  #1185

But I do think Sherlock thinks:  hell, I've only just met him and I nearly lost him!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 9, 2013 5:12 pm  #1186

besleybean wrote:

But I do think Sherlock thinks:  hell, I've only just met him and I nearly lost him!

I agree. After all he knows what happened to the old woman. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 9, 2013 5:48 pm  #1187

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 9, 2013 6:15 pm  #1188

besleybean wrote:

Yes, I think so, too. I think the idea of losing John, even after such a compareably short amount of time, is pretty unbearable for Sherlock. I guess he experiences various emotions in the course of the pool scene, and they all have to do with John.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 9, 2013 6:16 pm  #1189

I think you are right. There is also the crucial moment when John grabs Moriarty and Sherlock chooses not to run. 

September 9, 2013 8:31 pm  #1190

Sorry for this blurry pic - I can't do it any better.
In this scene I always get the impression that John isn't too comfortable with holding Sherlock firmly while putting him to bed.
It's as if he's imagining Lestrade's still filming that scene on his phone - standing in a corner of the bedroom - and John is afraid that his touching Sherlock could be open to misinterpretation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 9, 2013 8:33 pm  #1191

I agree.

September 9, 2013 8:47 pm  #1192

Lovely moment, Tobe. And then there's John patting Sherlock's leg (or bum) after he's put him to bed again. 

September 9, 2013 8:59 pm  #1193

SusiGo wrote:

Lovely moment, Tobe. And then there's John patting Sherlock's leg (or bum) after he's put him to bed again. 

Patting - yes. The way I'd pat the wings of a car...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 9, 2013 9:02 pm  #1194

Maybe he's still imagining Lestrade with his phone. At least he did not go to his date leaving Sherlock alone. 

Last edited by SusiGo (September 9, 2013 9:04 pm)

September 9, 2013 9:06 pm  #1195

tobeornot221b wrote:

Sorry for this blurry pic - I can't do it any better.
In this scene I always get the impression that John isn't too comfortable with holding Sherlock firmly while putting him to bed.
It's as if he's imagining Lestrade's still filming that scene on his phone - standing in a corner of the bedroom - and John is afraid that his touching Sherlock could be open to misinterpretation.

I got the same impression. I think it's supposed to mean that John feels uncomfortable in the situation because actually he's fine with touching Sherlock but then there were so many "gay" comments and people made jokes about it and he's not sure what is appropriate anymore. Great acting once again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

September 9, 2013 9:07 pm  #1196

Sound theory. 

September 10, 2013 5:27 am  #1197

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

I got the same impression. I think it's supposed to mean that John feels uncomfortable in the situation because actually he's fine with touching Sherlock but then there were so many "gay" comments and people made jokes about it and he's not sure what is appropriate anymore. Great acting once again.

I'd agree with that.
And furthermore, I have to say (and I know Johnlock is never gonna happen on the show ) that I'm always a bit disappointed with this scene, just because I would love John to be a little more... caring. I mean, he cares, he comes into Sherlock's room to see if everything is alright. But the way he just throws him onto the bed... ah, I know, I'm far too romantic in a Johnlock sort of way here.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

September 10, 2013 5:30 am  #1198

I also think John is a bit confused by the whole Irene thing...

September 10, 2013 5:37 am  #1199

Right, after all he asks Mrs. Hudson if Sherlock ever had a girlfriend, boyfriend... he's probably a bit surprised by Sherlock's reaction to Irene...

September 10, 2013 5:40 am  #1200

To be fair, I think Sherlock's surprised by his reaction to Irene!

Board footera