BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 4, 2013 12:46 am  #1141

Re: Finally: The Sherlock/John picture thread

tobeornot221b wrote:

We haven't had this scene for some time.
Still one of my favourites.

One of my favorites :D

Sherlock's asking for it because it underestimated her.  If he had been on his guard, he could have overpowered her before she was able to drug him...but he thought he had already "beaten" her, so he gloated instead of watch his back.  She teaches him a valuable lesson, which is which I love this scene so much.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

September 4, 2013 1:59 am  #1142

besleybean wrote:

I loathe the scene.
Can't bear to see poor Sherlock hurt.

Some people (obviously) get off on the pain, which is why that Irene person is still in business, I suppose. Not my cuppa, but...  there ya go. Sherlock's been hurt worse than that, many times, I'm sure, and usually not by a beautiful woman.

September 4, 2013 2:01 am  #1143

nicbooful wrote:

I'm not a fan of Irene at all. She purposely hurts Sherlock which doesn't sit well with me!

She purposely hurts everyone, which I think is the point of her character. I don't think she's so fascinatingly interesting, but then, I'm a straight woman, so she and her "craft" hold no appeal for me.

September 4, 2013 2:10 am  #1144

Wow, lots of hatred for Irene here XD I thought it was a great dynamic, myself, and it led to an absolutely stunning dream sequence.  Sherlock bears part of the blame because he very naive in his dealings with her...but he also greatly enjoyed and was intrigued by her bad behavior, otherwise he would have given her up to the authorities the numerous times he had a chance to do so.  He's just as culpable as she is.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

September 4, 2013 2:16 am  #1145

sj4iy wrote:

Wow, lots of hatred for Irene here XD I thought it was a great dynamic, myself, and it led to an absolutely stunning dream sequence.  Sherlock bears part of the blame because he very naive in his dealings with her...but he also greatly enjoyed and was intrigued by her bad behavior, otherwise he would have given her up to the authorities the numerous times he had a chance to do so.  He's just as culpable as she is.

Oh, I didn't say I hated her. If I hated her, I'd have said so. She's a plot device, and I totally understand that. In many ways, her episode is one of the best they've made so far. I had to watch it about 3 times to even start to get all the nuances written into it and so skillfully acted. I agree that Sherlock is no babe in the woods, and he's perfectly capable of protecting himself, when he chooses to. The "thing" between him and Irene was complicated. Deep. She and what she's all about are not my cuppa on any level, but I never said I hated her.

September 4, 2013 2:44 am  #1146

Very true...but I don't think Sherlock would have fallen for someone we deem "normal" ;)

Surely I can't be the only one who likes to see Sherlock get beat up sometime?  Lol, what's the point of a hero if he's invincible?

Last edited by sj4iy (September 4, 2013 2:47 am)

September 4, 2013 4:59 am  #1147

I like the dynamics in that whole sequence in her house very much. It goes back and forth, sometimes Sherlock seems to have the upper hand, then it's Irene again. This changes several times, they both seem to underestimate each other quite a bit. Apart from that, there is great choreography in that scene, first the "vatican cameos", then Sherlock slowly losing consciousness and ending up in that dream sequence. Just great, all of it.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 4, 2013 5:49 am  #1148

Can I just clarify:
I don't hate Irene at all.
I think Lara did a great job.
I actually like Irene and indeed feel sorry for her.
Also, she wasn't deliberately hurting Sherlock.
She just wanted her phone back!
I don't like the whole S&M thing and I don't like any female near Sherlock!
I knew I was always going to have issues with this episode.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 4, 2013 7:50 am  #1149

besleybean wrote:

and I don't like any female near Sherlock!

Oh, I definitely can relate to that !

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

September 4, 2013 11:41 am  #1150

SolarSystem wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Ditto.  I know it's totally irrational but I can't help it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 4, 2013 12:07 pm  #1151

tonnaree wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Ditto.  I know it's totally irrational but I can't help it.

I enjoyed seeing him knocked on his a**, myself.  You just know John and Lestrade were laughing theirs off XD

September 4, 2013 12:41 pm  #1152

SolarSystem wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Only John. He's the only one allowed near Sherlock.   ahem

September 4, 2013 1:11 pm  #1153

ancientsgate wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Exactly 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 4, 2013 3:10 pm  #1154

Or Molly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

September 4, 2013 4:09 pm  #1155

I do hope Sherlock and Molly are gonna become friends.
But John will always be his bestie.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 4, 2013 5:40 pm  #1156

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 4, 2013 5:46 pm  #1157

John looks as if he's probably wondering what he's getting himself into...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 4, 2013 6:13 pm  #1158

kittykat wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Exactly 

Agreed! 

-------------------------------------------------------

September 4, 2013 6:18 pm  #1159

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

kittykat wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

Exactly 

Agreed! 

Definitely!

September 5, 2013 11:32 pm  #1160

Board footera