BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 26, 2014 5:32 pm  #2541

Re: Finally: The Sherlock/John picture thread

gently69 wrote:

I think this is cute photo of them.

Martin and Ben, though, not John and Sherlock.
So strange to see Sherlock dressed like that, wasn't it. So out of character, lol.

June 26, 2014 5:33 pm  #2542

maryagrawatson wrote:

John is wearing my second favourite outfit of his. I'm trying to ignore the smelly looking hobo next to him. (Was anybody else waiting for Sherlock's trousers to fall down at some point during the scenes in his outfit, being as huge as they are?)

I'm always waiting for his trousers to fall down.... but alas, they have not, not so far.

July 2, 2014 10:18 am  #2543

What a beautiful pic, what a beautiful moment... I love the look on John's face. 

http://37.media.tumblr.com/e6ce9f492d405efaa6ae9d3026a80709/tumblr_n7vfv2prFv1r7a2j2o1_1280.png

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 2, 2014 10:20 am  #2544

Will always be one of my favourites.
Because I was there when it was filmed!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 2, 2014 10:22 am  #2545

SolarSystem wrote:

What a beautiful pic, what a beautiful moment... I love the look on John's face. 

http://37.media.tumblr.com/e6ce9f492d405efaa6ae9d3026a80709/tumblr_n7vfv2prFv1r7a2j2o1_1280.png

Indeed, Solar. It's adorable ... the situation ... Sherlock ... John ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 2, 2014 10:29 am  #2546

...the two of them against the rest of the world... 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 2, 2014 10:45 am  #2547

THUD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

July 2, 2014 10:55 am  #2548

THUD, you can say that again, gently. 

I'll just leave this here, it's not a pic, I know, but I think here is a good place for it. I love Sherlock's expression in the fourth gif.

http://cumberswag.tumblr.com/post/90490797218/amygloriouspond-scenes-of-sherlock-whats

July 2, 2014 11:00 am  #2549

Jep, absolutely brilliant scene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Tony Hadley)

July 2, 2014 11:19 am  #2550

Personally, I´m saddened by that scene.
John treats Sherlock as a convenience here, as some kind of machine that throws a solution at you after you kick it. Not as a man who deducts solutions from clues and definitely not as a friend.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 2, 2014 11:24 am  #2551

No, nakahara, I think you see it too bad. John exactly knows how to bring out the best of Sherlock. He angers him so much that Sherlock gets focused on the important things ... which is the key to the solutions.Sherlock's brain sometimes works like a machine.

Last edited by gently69 (July 2, 2014 12:48 pm)

(Tony Hadley)

July 2, 2014 11:52 am  #2552

You may be right, but this scene still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I cannot shake up the feeling that both John an Mary treat Sherlock as their family dog in TSOT.

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 2, 2014 12:10 pm  #2553

Family dog? Strong word ... Well, there certainly are some moments which are not that nice but as a whole ... I can live with it.

(Tony Hadley)

July 2, 2014 12:40 pm  #2554

Well, Mary... don't get me started on her. As for John: We've had this in another thread just recently, and in my headcanon John behaves the way he does in that scene because he is utterly afraid to lose yet another friend (after Sherlock in TRF). So he might behave more bossy than he normally would because he needs Sherlock to solve it and help John 'rescue' Sholto.

July 2, 2014 1:47 pm  #2555

OK, it´s true that there was not much time for social niceties - Shoulto could´ve died in between.
It´s just a pity we didn´t saw John saying "thank you" to Sherlock afterwards, for his contribution in saving this old commander. Althrough it is probable that he did thank him.

July 2, 2014 6:23 pm  #2556

Aww…  I had something similar was going to post!  Absolutely love their different expressions here!

(also concur to thoughts above and expressions in those gifs…  that scene…) 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

July 11, 2014 9:33 am  #2557

July 11, 2014 9:42 am  #2558

I love this scene. (any scene that I don't like?)

(Tony Hadley)

July 11, 2014 9:47 am  #2559

And an older one:

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 11, 2014 9:53 am  #2560

Oh God Yes!

And a new one?

Last edited by gently69 (July 11, 2014 9:54 am)

(Tony Hadley)

Board footera