BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 27, 2013 6:08 pm  #21

Re: Trading stories for words

Not all the letters are equally productive. But I'll think about it. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 27, 2013 6:42 pm  #22

I deliberately left out at least one of those from my list. I thought I'd be generous and let someone else take the credit!    I'm selfless like that  .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 28, 2013 12:22 pm  #23

I hereby declare the list closed.
For now, that is. I need to sort all the words I got via PM and mail and text. Once that is done I'll let you know how many different words there are.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 28, 2013 1:21 pm  #24

Thanks and congratulations to all participants. I'm not sure how you did it, but you've collected 123 different words. You are so great!

I already now roughly where this chapter will be heading. Yet, I'm sure that "mimicry" and "mutiny" will cause some trouble - I love them already. Both Mary Morstan and Moriarty will have to be mentioned, John will have to meander through life for some time while maintaining a facade, and he will have mood-swings for sure.

Poor John!

Last edited by Schmiezi (May 28, 2013 1:28 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 28, 2013 1:49 pm  #25

Wow, 123, that's a world record for this kind of thing (which hasn't been done before, I'm sure). I'm so excited for the next chapter. Have my tissues ready. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 28, 2013 5:20 pm  #26

Great, just great! .... Just thinking that we're all awesome 
But poor John! He'll manage somehow. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 30, 2013 10:57 am  #27

Progress report:

98 m-words left

May 30, 2013 10:58 am  #28

So then, when do we receive the list? 

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 30, 2013 11:00 am  #29

Mary Me wrote:

So then, when do we receive the list? 

I thought about mailing it when I've finished writing the current chapter. Would that be okay?

May 30, 2013 11:11 am  #30

Sure 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 30, 2013 12:01 pm  #31

That would be okay. I only need to empty my mail account.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 30, 2013 1:50 pm  #32

I'm grateful for everything and I'll wait patiently. And think about new words. 

May 30, 2013 1:57 pm  #33

You're thinking about new words, Susi? I don't think we've already got a new letter...

Schmiezi: Just take your time. No rush!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 31, 2013 7:57 am  #34

Thanks to a late but welcome entry we are back to 126 words! Need to do some writing now...

May 31, 2013 8:40 am  #35

tobeornot221b wrote:

You're thinking about new words, Susi? I don't think we've already got a new letter...

Schmiezi: Just take your time. No rush!

I'm always thinking about new words. No, seriously, Schmiezi hinted at something. But I haven't really started and will be waiting until the new letter is disclosed. No head start for me. 

May 31, 2013 8:42 am  #36

I will give the same hint here soon, but I really need to get going with the M-stuff before. I just needed some dramaturgical reassurance from Susi!

May 31, 2013 9:09 pm  #37

109 words left.

May 31, 2013 9:13 pm  #38

Go, Schmiezi, go! 

May 31, 2013 10:31 pm  #39

June 1, 2013 7:50 am  #40

Gooo!  I'm sure you will finish it today!

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

Board footera