BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2014 9:27 am  #241

Re: Trading stories for words

Thank you, Harriet!

Down to 63 words, btw.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 16, 2014 12:16 pm  #242

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 16, 2014 12:26 pm  #243

You Go! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 17, 2014 9:05 am  #244

The final ten:

take Mrs Turner on a trip to Taiwan
take off trunks
think!
tobacco ash
tool trader
torn tendon
toy
trumpets, trombones and timpani
twisting and turning
Twitter and tumblr

January 17, 2014 9:10 am  #245

LOL the second one - are those the blue ones with the red bird pattern? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 17, 2014 9:16 am  #246

Sherlock's favourites!

January 17, 2014 11:38 am  #247

...aaaand done. While waiting for it to be beta-ed, I've sent the complete list of words starting with T to all participants. (Or so I hope. Please let me know if I forgot someone!)

I will need one or two more chapters, so be prepaired to think of new words soon!

January 17, 2014 11:42 am  #248

Can't wait to see the trunks. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 17, 2014 12:01 pm  #249

You really think about them a lot, don't you? Well, just a hint: they are John's trunks. And he's not wearing them.

Last edited by Schmiezi (January 17, 2014 12:01 pm)

January 18, 2014 7:56 am  #250

Hello everybody. I'm in desperate need for new words.

If there is someone new reading that: I am currently writing a fic where each chapter is based on words delivered from forum members, all starting with the same letter. If you would like to take part in that, please PM me your words. They don't have to be suitable for children, just saying.
The fic deals with an established relationship between Sherlock and John and ignores the events of S3, simply because I've started writing it (long) before Christmas.

So, please send me words starting with A
until Sunday evening.
The topic is still "established relationship". Thank you!!

Last edited by Schmiezi (January 18, 2014 7:56 am)

January 18, 2014 2:18 pm  #251

The first words are there. Keep them coming. 

January 19, 2014 10:43 am  #252

Schmiezi wrote:

Hello everybody. I'm in desperate need for new words.

If there is someone new reading that: I am currently writing a fic where each chapter is based on words delivered from forum members, all starting with the same letter. If you would like to take part in that, please PM me your words. They don't have to be suitable for children, just saying.
The fic deals with an established relationship between Sherlock and John and ignores the events of S3, simply because I've started writing it (long) before Christmas.

So, please send me words starting with A
until Sunday evening.
The topic is still "established relationship". Thank you!!

29 words so far. You can do better ...

January 19, 2014 12:31 pm  #253

My words are on their way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 19, 2014 12:40 pm  #254

January 19, 2014 12:54 pm  #255

Mine should have arrived, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

January 19, 2014 1:00 pm  #256

Yes, they did. Wonderful words!

January 20, 2014 10:30 am  #257

Congratulations to all of you - the list now contains 123 words starting with A. Not sure how to put Asterix and an astroid into the same story as Arabian Nights and alabaster skin, but then I never do right before I get started.

Thank you for all your wonderful words, they surely make a great final chapter.

June 28, 2014 7:12 am  #258

Not forgotten ...
First of all, i wanted to let you know that I have not abandoned Like A Landslide. There are four pages of the last chapter already, and only 61 A-words left.

Furthermore, WHO OF YOU sent me "aliphatic and aromatic amines"? I've googled it, read the entire article and still don't know what it is. Could you please explain it to me? For otherwise I will have to cheat and use it in a sentence like, "There are so many things John does not understand, like why animes are cool or what aliphatic and aromatic amines are."

Thank you.

June 28, 2014 8:10 am  #259

Oh I think as a doctor he has to know - organic chemistry should be his area. To some extent.
But it's not mine 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 17, 2015 3:23 pm  #260

I am not sure if someone still remembers what this thread is about but I wamnted to let you know that I started writing on this one again. There are in fact only 35 words starting with A left that need to make their way into the final chapter of "Like A Landslide".

Sorry this is taking me so long.

Board footera