BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 19, 2013 7:05 am  #221

Re: Trading stories for words

Ah, I hope I won't miss this turn. Let's see if I can collect some words today. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 19, 2013 6:12 pm  #222

The one and only Ozzy Osbourne is on his way!
Treat him well...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 20, 2013 7:38 am  #223

So far we are having

61 words with O

11 words with T

And I am soo looking forward to using the "oriental wellness oasis"!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 20, 2013 7:27 pm  #224

Schmiezi wrote:

New words needed!

As I will be in Italy nearly all August, I need you to do some multi-tasking now and send me two set of words I can take along. They have to start with

"T" like "true love" and with
"O like" ... well uhm you know ... "oranges"

Feel free to hand them in somewhen untill next Sunday.

They will be challanging and wonderful as always, so I'm looking forward to them!

So far T is leading 98 : 67! Go, O, go!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 20, 2013 7:31 pm  #225

I am always giggling when I read "O like........oranges!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 20, 2013 7:39 pm  #226

...where is the smiley that pretends to look innocent while having dirty thoughts? Is it this one or this one ?

July 21, 2013 11:08 am  #227

Ts or Os anyone?

July 21, 2013 11:14 am  #228

I confess I didn't understand the original onstruction.  But if you just want o and t words, I can do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 23, 2013 4:21 pm  #229

The L word story "Like a Landslide" is on its way now. Feel free to give some feedback!

July 23, 2013 7:12 pm  #230

Love it! Very well done, Schmiezi. I knew you wouldn't disappoint us by ducking out of difficult words. Even Lucky Luke fits in nicely!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 16, 2013 5:29 pm  #231

Ooookay, I know it has been some time, but I hope that some of you still remember this thread. I just wanted to inform you that I have finally picked up working on the next chapter of "Like a landslide", using your 79 O-words.
I have reduced them to 75 today. That does not sound like much work, but after not writing a single word for nearly 8 weeks I need to get back into gear.

Sorry for letting you wait that long, but some nice real life stuff got in the way.

September 16, 2013 5:39 pm  #232

Though you seem to be busy with a different project by now, I'm happy to hear that you haven't forgotten about those wonderful letter-stories of yours! Just take your time - the one and only Ozzy Osbourne needs to be handled carefully...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 16, 2013 5:42 pm  #233

Yes, thank you SO MUCH for bringing Ozzy in...

It was about time to start writing again, and I thought (correctly) that the letter stories are the easiest way to get back to writing.

December 30, 2013 11:14 am  #234

I know it's been a while, but do you still remember?

I can finally announce that the next part of Like A Lindslide is almost finished. There are only 10 O-words left, those being:

onyx cufflinks
orifice
orthography
Oval Office
over the Ocean
overboard
oversleep observer
owls
oxtail soup, oysters and omelette
the odd one out

...AND it's done! It will be send out as soon as it is beta-ed.

Last edited by Schmiezi (December 30, 2013 11:39 am)

December 30, 2013 11:42 am  #235

Oh, that's great news! I thought about these stories just the other day. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 30, 2013 11:44 am  #236

It will be AU in two days, but I've decided that I won't mind.

December 30, 2013 11:58 am  #237

Good! I'm looking forward to it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

January 14, 2014 11:27 am  #238

Thanks to my involuntary break from work I have spend some time writing, and have already reduced your 104 words starting with T down to 77 already.

January 14, 2014 11:40 am  #239

Wow, good luck with the rest! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 14, 2014 11:46 am  #240

Oh, and I didn't say yet how much I enjoyed the O-Story! 

I did! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera