BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 26, 2013 9:55 pm  #1

Horrible Histories!

Anyone else love this show?  Series five premieres tomorrow.  Wish I could watch it on iPlayer.

In happier news, I have just ordered series four from Amazon UK!

Anna M.C.

---------------------------------------------------------

Will happily pay the annual license fee for legal US iPlayer access. BBC lawyers, *please* take my money.

May 27, 2013 3:34 am  #2

Re: Horrible Histories!

I love the HH series, quite enjoy Mathew Baynton's contributions.

------------------------------------------
There's no shortcut to a dream. It's all blood and sweat and life is what you manage in between.

May 27, 2013 3:42 am  #3

Oh yes, Mathew Baynton and Jim Howick are my favorites.  The Celtic Boast Battle was one of the all-time greats.

Anna M.C.
Who occasionally gets so mad she could stab a daisy, too
(but she won't, because that would be . . . stupid)

Last edited by annamc (June 8, 2013 7:19 pm)

Will happily pay the annual license fee for legal US iPlayer access. BBC lawyers, *please* take my money.

May 27, 2013 3:59 am  #4

You know, it just hit me -- Mathew Baynton and Jim Howick could do a killer parody of BBC Sherlock and John.

This. Must. Happen. I would overflow with glee.

Anna M.C.

Last edited by annamc (June 8, 2013 7:19 pm)

May 27, 2013 11:41 am  #5

I still remember looking up as the kids watched this, and unexpectedly seeing Mark Gatiss. Made my afternoon!

May 27, 2013 7:58 pm  #6

Right.  See my post up there from yesterday?  The one in which I said Mat Baynton should do a Sherlock parody?  Well, Horrible Histories series five just premiered, and although I can't watch it (because I am in the USARGH), my Twitter feed is exploding with the news that . . . Mat Baynton did a Sherlock parody in the first episode.

I am ON FIRE.

Anna M.C.
Who is going to have a go at predicting the lottery numbers now

Last edited by annamc (June 8, 2013 7:20 pm)

May 30, 2013 9:57 am  #7

This is the best show
when i saw Mark i couldn't stop laughing
the skits this year so far are great theres a link on youtube were someone has put up the episodes 
made my day when i found it :D

May 31, 2013 9:10 pm  #8

Yes, I love this show too. I was just watching it and when it got to that apprentice scene I was just like OH My God, It's Mycroft!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 1, 2013 12:38 am  #9

annamc wrote:

The one in which I said Matt Baynton should do a Sherlock parody?  Well, Horrible Histories series five just premiered, and although I can't watch it (because I am in the USARGH), my Twitter feed is exploding with the news that . . . Matt Baynton did a Sherlock parody in the first episode.

Not this sketch...?

------------------------------------------
There's no shortcut to a dream. It's all blood and sweat and life is what you manage in between.

June 8, 2013 7:27 pm  #10

Apparently that's it! 

Also, I've just realized that I've been spelling Mat Baynton's name wrong all this time as "Matt" and "Matthew" instead of "Mat" and "Mathew."  Whoops.  Apparently Britain was undergoing "T" rationing when he was born. 

Thank you, I'm here all week.  Try the veal.

Oh, also also, in this article, he compares the upcoming Yonderland to Labyrinth, but with the Horrible Histories cast!  I adore Labyrinth, so I'm absolutely up for this.  Although I doubt Yonderland will feature David Bowie in questionably tasteful tights.  We can always hope for Mat to take up the slack in the tights-wearing department, I suppose.

Anna M.C.

Board footera