BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 24, 2013 6:30 pm  #1

Hi all!

I've just signed up today and am looking forward to being part of this community.

I only watched aSIP 2 weeks ago, was hooked immediately, so the very next day I journeyed into the city centre to buy the box sets. I feel like I've been missing out by not watching this before even though I had seen it advertised.

Oh well, I'm here now and am intending to stay x

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

May 24, 2013 6:35 pm  #2

Re: Hi all!

Hello nicbooful! Nice to meet you!

Have a nice time here and enjoy yourself. 

Greetings from Germany,
Mary

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 24, 2013 6:35 pm  #3

Welcome to the fourms Nicbooful!

You're amongst fellow fans here and now you'll get to join in on the wait for the next series like we will.

I'm sure lots more people will show up shortly and welcome you too!

See you on the boards!

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 24, 2013 6:36 pm  #4

Hehe, I had a similar experience when I saw A Study In Pink for the first time...Sherlocked at first sight! 
Anyway, welcome to the forum!  I'm still somewhat of a freshman here, but it is awesome here so far and I hope you have fun! 

-------------------------------------------------------

May 24, 2013 7:07 pm  #5

The same thing happened to me, too. Watched it in October and waited for Chistmas to get the DVDs. I didn't get them so the day after Christmas I ordered them imediatly.
Welcome to this forum nic!
I'm sure you will stay. Is' great here.

May 24, 2013 7:11 pm  #6

Welcome, Nicbooful, nice to have you here. There's a lot of fun to be had. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 24, 2013 7:24 pm  #7

Hello nicbooful.
This community is open and wonderful, and You certainly will have amzing time here.
Cheers from Poland.

Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

May 24, 2013 7:32 pm  #8

Hi nicbooful,
glad you could join us - we've been keeping a place free especially for you.
Enjoy your stay!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 24, 2013 8:00 pm  #9

Thanks everyone. You can all call me nic if you prefer.

I cannot wait for the next series. I can't imagine what it must be like for a long term fan waiting so long between each one. I suppose I will find out though. I'm hoping we see more of Molly this time around xx

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

May 24, 2013 8:10 pm  #10

Hi Nic, welcome here 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 24, 2013 10:19 pm  #11

Welcome Nic ^^ Nice to meet you

---------------------------------------------------------------
Wise men talk because they've got something to say, fools because they have to say something ~ Plato

May 25, 2013 8:44 am  #12

Hi, Nic.
Welcome from Germany. Watching the show for the first time only now means you don't have to wait THAT long for series 3...

Nice to have you around!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 25, 2013 9:12 am  #13

nicbooful wrote:

Thanks everyone. You can all call me nic if you prefer.

I cannot wait for the next series. I can't imagine what it must be like for a long term fan waiting so long between each one. I suppose I will find out though. I'm hoping we see more of Molly this time around xx

I can tell you what it feels like to have to wait for so long.
I'm bothering my head for days now about the question who Sherlock's skull has been in former life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 25, 2013 9:38 am  #14

Ah, I've been wondering that too! (whom skull it was lol)

Welcome nic!

Same thing happened to me last month: watched SIP at evening and the following morning, went shopping and bought the 2 seasons which I watched in two evenings

Ah, well, better later than never they say! At least we won't have to wait too long for the next season (though I already find it very long!!!)

Greetings from France

Just like old times...

May 25, 2013 10:45 am  #15

Hello and welcome to the forum Nic from 'down South'. 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 3, 2013 12:09 pm  #16

Hi Nic. Welcome to our forum, hope you have fun here!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera