BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 7, 2014 10:11 am  #81

Re: Gatiss and Hiddleston in Coriolanus

Oh, nothing, nothing. I just thought... this was culture, Shakespeare and all that, so maybe you... behaved. For once.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 7, 2014 11:35 am  #82

We never misbehave. Ts, ts, ts, Solar, this is really insulting. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 7, 2014 9:10 pm  #83

Totally agree with Susi. It was my first Shakespeare play ever and I was glad that it was such an impressing production, because I am not really used to classics in theatre.
And I also was glad about the subtitles. Really had problems to understand the whole thing, in fact I understood little ... and without subtitles I wouldn't had understood anything.

Solar, I only misbehave with you ... on this convention when someone only mentions a certain name for example.
We had a few Doctor Who fans one row in front. Maybe they took over the "misbehaving part".

Last edited by gently69 (March 7, 2014 9:12 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 7, 2014 9:45 pm  #84

I have no idea what you're talking about, gently...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

March 7, 2014 9:50 pm  #85

Of course not, Solar.

Just wanted to add that I really was impressed by Mark. As an actor I only know him playing Mycroft. From this to Shakespeare ... absolutely convincing ... respect!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

March 7, 2014 10:06 pm  #86

gently69 wrote:

Of course not, Solar.

'A certain name'... you mean Shatner?

March 7, 2014 10:08 pm  #87

LOL right.

(Tony Hadley)

March 8, 2014 8:46 am  #88

Can't say it's my favourote Shaekepeare and I would always rather see live theatre.
But the NTLive events are the next best thing.
This was an excellent production.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 8, 2014 9:42 am  #89

It's certainly not my favourite Shakespeare, either, but to tell the truth: I am sick and tired of always seeing the same five or six plays on stage. The main playhouse in my city almost slavishly sticks to doing the usual suspects (not just when it comes to Shakespeare, also Goethe, Schiller, you name it), and I really wish they would stage something else for a change that you don't already know by heart, more or less. So this was a real treat, imo, and it was truly excellent.

March 8, 2014 9:43 am  #90

I saw the film last year and enjoyed it, but the play was better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 8, 2014 9:48 am  #91

You mean the film with Ralph Fiennes? I saw that one a few months ago, too, and thought it was very good and thrilling. But I also liked the play better.

March 9, 2014 3:25 pm  #92

I found out that this was playing in my local, independent cinema, through people I met at a Sherlock meet-up!  I went for Mark, because I've always thought he was brilliant (I'm a big League of Gentlemen fan!).  Shakespeare isn't my thing, but I was anxious for something coming out of London!  I understood it well enough, so don't let that put you off.  I did enjoy it & just marveled in the acting skills.  I should've considered that path when I was young, but I never thought about it.  It's encouraging to see such brilliance on screen/stage.  I'm thankful the National Theatre makes it possible for us to see things like this.  Of course, seeing it in London it the best!  I miss London SO much.  I hate when I hear about my fave actors appearing in plays there & can't experience it!  My next one will be The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, by Simon Stephens.  Una Stubbs is in it! 
What made seeing Coriolanus fun, was seeing all the Hiddleston fans having fun watching him!  Fandom is good!  And I admit, that was the 1st time I've seen him act.  Impressive too!

March 9, 2014 4:44 pm  #93

That was the best bit for me, too OIW...
Watching(and Predicting) the reactions of the row of fan girls in front of me!

March 10, 2014 4:52 pm  #94

An Olivier nomination for Mark

Best Supporting Actor
Ardal OHanlon for The Weir
Jack Lowden for Ghosts
Mark Gatiss for Coriolanus
Ron Cook for Henry V

March 10, 2014 5:07 pm  #95

Congrats Mark!  Hope he wins!

March 10, 2014 5:18 pm  #96

Well deserved and yes, here's hoping!

March 11, 2014 6:14 am  #97

Oh wow! And Tom has been nominated for Best Actor!

March 11, 2014 6:40 am  #98

Woohoo.  I hope for him, too...

March 11, 2014 7:09 am  #99

Definitely! Although I have to say that I really liked Rory Kinnear as Iago in "Othello" very much, as well.

March 11, 2014 7:12 am  #100

Me too...but he is so well recognised at the moment.
I would still hope for Mark, I did think he was excellent.

Board footera