BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 23, 2013 8:34 am  #1

Aloha!

My name's Katie, I live in Hawai'i, and I've been in the fandom since The Reichenbach Fall aired, pretty much. My tumblr is seeherwheniwake. Nice to meet you all! =D

"Looking at you sleeping, I'm with the man I know. I'm sitting here weeping while the hours pass so slow. I know that in the morning, I'll have to let you go, and you'll be just a man once I used to know."

May 23, 2013 8:43 am  #2

Re: Aloha!

Aloha Katie! Welcome to the forum. Resisting any mention of that Five O programme! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 23, 2013 8:47 am  #3

Welcome, Katie, nice to have you here. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 23, 2013 9:57 am  #4

Welcome to the forum, Katie!

Have a nice time here! Make yourself at home. 

Greetings from Germany,
Mary

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 23, 2013 11:28 am  #5

Hi Katie, welcome here, nice to have you with us.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 23, 2013 12:27 pm  #6

*waves to you from Canada* Welcome fellow Sherlockian!  'Tis awesome to have you here 

-------------------------------------------------------

May 23, 2013 10:06 pm  #7

Hi, Katie.
Hawaii sounds really interesting. Despite I love North,I think it must be beautiful there.
Cheers from Poland.

Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

May 24, 2013 4:25 pm  #8

Howdy, Katie!

Hawaii is one of the 5 states I haven't visited--but it's on the list!

Have fun here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 24, 2013 4:51 pm  #9

Aloha Katie!

Nice to see someone from the land of the second best detective in the world here.

Tell Higgins I said hi!

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 24, 2013 5:11 pm  #10

m0r1arty wrote:

Aloha Katie!

Nice to see someone from the land of the second best detective in the world here.

Tell Higgins I said hi!

-m0r

Don't you mean Robin Masters?

I used to walk around everywhere with a Detroit Tigers cap hiding a mop of curly hair, wearing a floral-print button-up shirt. But I drove a Malibu, not a Ferrari...

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 24, 2013 5:38 pm  #11

Welcome Katie! Nice to meet you^^

---------------------------------------------------------------
Wise men talk because they've got something to say, fools because they have to say something ~ Plato

May 24, 2013 5:40 pm  #12

Welcome Katie. Hope you'll enjoy your time here!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 24, 2013 6:04 pm  #13

Tantalus wrote:

Don't you mean Robin Masters?

I used to walk around everywhere with a Detroit Tigers cap hiding a mop of curly hair, wearing a floral-print button-up shirt. But I drove a Malibu, not a Ferrari...

Nice look Tantalus!!

I don't buy the Robin Masters'/Higgy baby stuff from Season 7 and 8. I prefer to think of Orson Wells sitting in his limo or private jet dictating his stories into a microphone. I once tried looking for some Old Düsseldorf beer, but that's another mystery for another day

-m0r

June 3, 2013 11:54 am  #14

Hi there Katie. Welcome to our happy forum!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 19, 2013 8:19 am  #15

Thanks, all!
I watch Five-O very rarely. The show could be much better, and Scott Caan could be less of a douche.
I like it here too, but I pray with all my heart I get out of here after I finish my current schooling. Even California would be awesome. New scenery and people, y'know? I want to study theater/acting, communiccations, filmmaking, journalism, or creative writing. Can't do much of that here.
But nonetheless. Mahalo a nui loa for the welcomes (thank you very much!) and 'Book 'Em, Danno!'

"Looking at you sleeping, I'm with the man I know. I'm sitting here weeping while the hours pass so slow. I know that in the morning, I'll have to let you go, and you'll be just a man once I used to know."

June 19, 2013 11:13 am  #16

Welcome! Wow, we have such a varied fandom from all around the world!

"He will outlive God trying to have the last word."

June 19, 2013 2:22 pm  #17

struckbykatie wrote:

I watch Five-O very rarely.

Oh, there's a much better show Katie

The first 12 episodes have a different opening theme from this one, but this is the one you'll remember by the end of season 8.

Very different from Sherlock, but trust me, there are moments in it that even Archer quotes to this day.

It may help whilst waiting for series 3!

-m0r

Board footera