BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 16, 2013 8:45 pm  #1

Surely not as interesting as the analysis of 243 types of tobacco ash

Hey!
I'm editing this first post so that people don't have to scroll down the thread to see the newest fic. So here are my fics, from the newest one to the oldest one.

I've also written on Supernatural, Harry Potter, Gravitation, Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler, Tekken, Gravitation & Get Backers, but obviously, I will only post my Sherlock fics here.

By the way, I am Fantony both on ff.net (https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1663198/Fantony) and AO3 (http://archiveofourown.org/users/Fantony/pseuds/Fantony)

*******************************************************************************************

AN UMBRELLA IN THE WIND (OS- Mycroft centric)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10266289/1/An-umbrella-in-the-wind

"Footsteps echo against the marble floor of the hallway. A brand new pair of YSL. The sound is slightly different when the heel is not used yet. I roll my eyes. It appears Anthea disregarded my recommendations." Suffering from brain tumour, Mycroft doesn't have much time left when Sherlock, informed by Anthea, visits him... One shot. POV Mycroft.

IF ONLY I COULD TALK (OS - Kid!Lock - Redbeard's POV)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10137776/1/If-only-I-could-talk

"So this is the end, then. Oh, I'm not afraid to die. I am ill. I am old. My hour has come and I regret nothing. It's the boys I worry about..." A portrait of the Holmes family (especially Mycroft) through Redbeard's POV, on the last day of his life.

*************************************************************************************

ABOUT HOW MYCROFT MISSED HIS SUNDAY MORNING JOG (OS - Holmes brothers - Mycroft's POV)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10045840/1/About-how-Mycroft-missed-his-Sunday-morning-jog

Set just after The sign of Three. Sherlock comes back home, expecting a long and lonely night. But someone's waiting for him at Baker Street. "Oh for God's sake! What are you doing here!" "Ah, finally. Cinderella's coming home before midnight. How was the ball?" "WHY ARE YOU HERE??!" "Nice to see you too, brother mine." Sweet moment between the bros. Mycroft's first person POV.

**************************************************************************************

I WOULD HAVE PREFERRED A SPYGLASS (OS - Holmes brothers - Kid!Lock)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9994139/1/I-would-have-preferred-a-spyglass

Christmas 1983. The Holmes brothers do like to tease each other. One-shot inspired by a scene in TEH.

**************************************************************************************

THE SECOND STAR TO THE RIGHT (Holmes brothers - Mycroft centric)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9738590/1/The-second-star-to-the-right

"He is alone. Like he always is. Like he always feels. Even in the middle of High-Society banquets." The night after the fall. Mycroft doesn't know whether his brother has survived or not. So when a bitter and devastated Sherlock rings his doorbell in the middle of the night, he tries to do everything he can to comfort him. And to redeem himself. Title comes from Peter Pan's song.

**********************************************************************************************

LEAD ME TO YOUR DOOR (OS - Friendship/Hurt/Comfort)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9679374/1/Lead-me-to-your-door

Congrats! Your video's now on YouTube! John struggled with Movie Maker to create a video and post it on his blog as a tribute to Sherlock. It's been three years today and he doesn't know that somewhere, someone's still reading his blog... Inspired by the song "The long and winding road" by the Beatles.

************************************************************************************

NOT WHERE I BELONG (OS - Friendship)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9560405/1/Not-where-I-belong

"Someone takes his coat but he doesn't pay attention. Thoughts are swirling in his mind like dancers to an endless waltz. The doors open. To his rebirth, hopefully." One shot freely inspired by Series 3 trailer. No slash but read into this whatever you like.

****************************************************************************************

LONELY HEARTS DOT COM (Light Johnlock)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9543854/1/Lonely-Hearts-Dot-Com

"Hedgehog221?/ My nickname. / Yes, I figured that out. But why Hedgehog?/ I don't know. I wanted something cute. That's the first thing that came to my mind./ Hedgehogs are not cute, John. They're full of ticks! Anyway, come to think of it, you do look like a hedgehog on that picture you posted." John subscribed to a dating website and Sherlock doesn't like it. At all. Very light slash.

********************************************************************************

THE EMERGENCY CIGARETTE (OS - Hurt/comfort - Light Johnlock)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9535581/1/The-emergency-cigarette

"OK. Cigarette. Never again. Emotional distress makes you do stupid things, it appears. I thought that smoking would somehow make me closer to you. Like drinking tea in your mug. Like taking violin lessons. Like sleeping in your bed. With one of your shirts rolled into a ball under my pillow" John, on the 1st anniversary of Sherlock's death, my take on their reunion. Light Slash.

*********************************************************************************************

IS THERE ANYTHING YOU NEED? (OS - Hurt/Comfort - Mycroft being a nice big brother - Light Johnlock)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9304997/1/Is-there-anything-you-need

"John." His voice is barely a whisper. Mycroft freezes. Was it Sherlock? Was it the wind against the window? "Did you say something?" "JOHN! FOR GOD'S SAKE! I NEED JOHN!" Sherlock has returned. John feels so betrayed he refuses to talk to him. The detective slowly falls apart and Mycroft is more than worried. Slight Sherlock/John slash, bit emotional Mycroft.

************************************************************************************************

IT'S BEEN A YEAR (OS - John centric after Reichenbach)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9243082/1/It-s-been-a-year

"Hey, Sherlock… I know it's been a while… It's been a year, actually… Strange anniversary, if you ask me… Anyway, I've brought you flowers. Blue irises, see? That's the first time I buy flowers for a man. People will talk again, huh?" The graveyard, one year exactly post-Reichenbach.Very light slash. Can actually be read as deep friendship as well.

ENJOY! (or not )

Last edited by Punch me in the face (April 29, 2014 12:44 am)

Just like old times...

May 16, 2013 8:51 pm  #2

Re: Surely not as interesting as the analysis of 243 types of tobacco ash

Thanks for posting these, I'll make sure to have a look at them. 

We also have a separate thread for fanfics from forum members and a group on fanfiction.net:

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=2672

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 16, 2013 8:56 pm  #3

Oh, sorry! I hadn't noticed that topic, had spotted the ones entitled "i've written one" etc, and thought each member had to open a thread to post their fanfics. Should I delete this one and post it in the other thread instead?

Just like old times...

May 16, 2013 8:59 pm  #4

No problem, it was just for your information. You can keep this thread.  If you wish to be included in the group you can contact Schmiezi who founded it. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 17, 2013 4:40 am  #5

Yes, contact me!
Would you mind if I include your fic to our list?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 17, 2013 6:39 am  #6

I just read "It's been a year" and I admit it made me cry. Not only the story, but also your foreword. I'm a  bit lost for words. I really, really hope you'll find here what many of us have found: fun, friendship and people who love the same things. 

May 17, 2013 4:27 pm  #7

I've read both now and like the way you write. IT'S BEEN A YEAR had even moments that made me smile for its warmth.
Very emotional and dense. Thanks for sharing.

And then, I can't even imagine what you've been through. The past years must have been very hard for you.
Thinking of you with respect and sympathy.

Last edited by Harriet (May 17, 2013 4:27 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 17, 2013 4:57 pm  #8

I've read both of your stories yesterday before bedtime. Love of the Loveless made me smile and  It's been a Year brought tears to my eyes.  Yes, you know exactly what you are writing about. Seems that you and John are soulmates in a way. I wish you the strength you need to come through these difficult times.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 17, 2013 8:05 pm  #9

Aww... Thank you all for your kind words... I'm glad you read (and liked! even better, hehe!) my stories! Thanks for your time!

As far as my husband's concerned... Well, we'd been living together for 9 years and had been married for 7. Our son is 3 and a half now. My husband suffered from a paranoid illness (kretshmer personality) wich became worse when he fell into depression. He tried to kill himself ten times (included 5 in july) between october 2011 & july 2012 (+ all the others I managed to prevent), went several times to mental hospital, but he finally took 150 beta-blockers (more than 4 pills a day is dangerous, so you can easily imagine what 150 do to your body... ) He ran away from home, I had to call the police, he was found 2 hours later but his heart had nearly stopped, the vital organs had lacked of oxygen, and the doctors told me he wouldn't survive the first night. Finally, he spent 3 weeks in intensive care but everything was severly damaged (liver, kidneys, lungs, intestine... and brain, we don't know, when he was conscious, as he was nearly entirely paralyzed, he could only move his head to say yes or no, apparently he remembered what had happened, and he cried when I showed him a picture of our boy) and I then had to agree to stop the machines because he was clinically dead...

@Susigo: you're "GoSherlocked" who left me a kind review today, aren't you? Thanks, it means a lot

@Schmiezi: not at all! I'm flattered  Is this on ff.net?

@Harriet: I'm glad you also enjoyed the warm moments

@tobeornot: like the idea of John and me being soulmates I have a few common points with John, though I think I'm more like Sherlock, but less... "extreme"... ;)

I'm currently working on another one-shot. This one will probably be about Mycroft visiting Sherlock at Baker street after his return. He's worried about his brother because his reunion with John didn't go quite well... John feels so betrayed he doesn't want to talk to Sherlock anymore, and our favourite detective is so upset he doens't eat anymore, doesn't go out, doesn't reply to his phone...etc. He doesn't even yell at his older brother. Mycroft has to do something about this... It will end with a kinda fluffy reunion between Sherlock and John.

Just like old times...

May 17, 2013 8:18 pm  #10

What a traumatic experience for you. I really hope that you have people who help and support you and your son. We're glad to have you here and hope you'll feel good around us all. 
And, yes, I'm GoSherlocked. 
The new fic sounds good, I'm surely going to read it. 

May 17, 2013 8:24 pm  #11

I've added your stories to our community on fanfiction.net. Here's the link:
http://www.fanfiction.net/community/BBC-Sherlock-Fan-Forum-Writers/106870/
I can't wait for another one! It sounds very promising.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 17, 2013 8:25 pm  #12

It's been a year is so beautiful and well-written in a haunting way. I nearly cried. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 17, 2013 8:32 pm  #13

Mental illness is a terrible thing. Both for the person themselves but also their family and friends (I am the daughter of a woman with a severe bipolar/depressive disorder). Your experiences are traumatic but certainly using your writing as an outlet is cathartic. I don't usually read fanfic but I may well read yours since it is motivated and fuelled by such experiences. Be proud. Be strong.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 18, 2013 11:16 pm  #14

The story of your husband's suffering is heartbreaking. You must have loved him very much, and miss him so badly now.
I wish you some peace for this night.

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 19, 2013 7:29 am  #15

aww.. You're all so kind here... Your reviews and your support concerning my husband really touch me. Thank you!!

@davina: it must not be easy for your mother, nor for you.  My husband had slight bipolar disorder, but very huge depressive disorder and paranoia. And yeah, writing's always been a way either to express my own feelings through those of the characters, or simply to escape reality. I couldn't live without writing. It's an addiction.

This isn't a Sherlock fanfic, but a Gravitation one (Gravitation being a yaoi manga) but it really sums up what I feel about writing. It's very short and can be read without knowing that manga (all you have to know is that it's about a couple of two guys: a famous writer, and a famous writer), it's called ADDICTIONS: He needs his laptop like an alcoholic needs his bottle. Writing is as indispensable to him as breathing. It’s not a drug, it’s more than that. And yet Yuki Eiri's got another addiction, so strong he would not even try to fight against it... http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4614911/1/Addictions

@Schmiezi:Thanks for adding me to ff community! I'll make sure to read the other stories!! And thank you for your kind review on "It's been a year" on ff.

Anyway, this is the new one-shot I mentioned the other day. I finished it yesterday.

IS THERE ANYTHING YOU NEED?

"John." His voice is barely a whisper. Mycroft freezes. Was it Sherlock? Was it the wind against the window? "Did you say something?" "JOHN! FOR GOD'S SAKE! I NEED JOHN!" Sherlock has returned. John feels so betrayed he refuses to talk to him. The detective slowly falls apart and Mycroft is more than worried. Slight Sherlock/John slash, bit emotional Mycroft. ONE SHOT.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9304997/1/Is-there-anything-you-need

Just like old times...

May 19, 2013 8:34 am  #16

I just read this story and liked it very much. 

May 19, 2013 8:40 am  #17

Me, too! Added it to the community right away.

Some members of this forum will consider "Those blue tormented eyes." a bold statement.
But most will be fond of "one-size too small purple shirt".

Last edited by Schmiezi (May 19, 2013 8:42 am)

May 19, 2013 8:49 am  #18

Schmiezi wrote:

Some members of this forum will consider "Those blue tormented eyes." a bold statement.

Who could you be possibly talking about?

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 19, 2013 8:55 am  #19

Aww, thank you, I'm glad you've enjoyed it!

You think I should change the word "tormented"? I used that word because, I don't know, when I look into Sherlock's eyes, I feel like they're nearly never in peace, like there is a "storm" in them most of the time, hence the use of that word. But apparently, I got that wrong. What would you suggest?

Thanks!!

Just like old times...

May 19, 2013 8:57 am  #20

No, it's about the word Blue. Some here fight whether they are blue or green or... never ending story 

Board footera