BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 15, 2013 12:03 am  #1

Hilarious Star Trek Cast Interviews by Spocko, Benedict is silly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

May 15, 2013 12:04 am  #2

Re: Hilarious Star Trek Cast Interviews by Spocko, Benedict is silly

Yeah this was a bit of fun. Zachary couldn't seem to relax and play though. The others just went with it, especially Benedict and Zoe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 15, 2013 4:24 am  #3

"I'm working my way up the greasy pole."

;)

Shame Quinto didn't seem overly playful though, could have been quite entertaining...but maybe he was just tired and didn't understand it wasn't going to be a traditional interview.

Last edited by Sampy Arctica (May 15, 2013 4:26 am)

------------------------------------------
There's no shortcut to a dream. It's all blood and sweat and life is what you manage in between.

May 15, 2013 3:56 pm  #4

I think Benedict and Karl Urban were the only ones who understood the game from the beginning. KU managed to give intelligent and funny answers, but Benedict, as usual, out classed everyone else and basically created kind of "special personality" for this interview (did you notice how different he acted from other STID interviews here?). Protoplasmic psychic interference, indeed! And he was able to tell all this silly things with a straight face, how cool was it?  Pine and Quinto didn't really make a real effort to be interesting or funny.

May 29, 2013 7:16 pm  #5

Good, loved this interview! 
Mostly though :"Grammar is important, don't split your infinitives!" 
This cracks me up everytime!! 

And agreed, he has such a smart air about him without being rude or conceited about it. Just lovable.
Brainy is definitely the new sexy!

May 29, 2013 11:17 pm  #6

Never heard of "Spocko" -- what a great name! -- but what a fun interview!  Agree that Benedict and Karl Urban were best,; Zoe Saldana was also quite good.  Really liked the either/or section -- thought it quite telling when JJ Abrams was asked phaser or light saber and he chose light saber.  Also thought his comment that the movie wasn't made for Star Trek fans was revealing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

May 30, 2013 6:50 am  #7

Oh, but light sabers are clearly cooler ;-) and make the better sound effects.
Too bad JJ Abrams did not play along though, he could have really used the cafeteria guy to give us a more common view on the every day life on the Enterprise. I would have loved that

May 30, 2013 9:54 am  #8

This was actually the best or the other one where he wants to be a lightsaber

Board footera