BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 13, 2013 4:12 pm  #1

GeoGuessr

We tried a version of this last year but the answer was always available then.

Now we've got GeoGussr!! which asks you to find where you are in 5 locations and grades you a score which you can link to here on the forums for competition.

Use the hyperlink formatting option or put the long link in url containers. 

Sure you can use Google and stuff to facilitate your exact position, but it's also against a timer so sometimes being near is better than being perfect but having wasted minutes doing so.

Let's see who can deduce where they are with the highest degree of accurancy and speed.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 13, 2013 4:31 pm  #2

Re: GeoGuessr

I had a spot of luck with this one here.

I don't expect I'll be so lucky again. But I'll try.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 13, 2013 4:40 pm  #3

I just tried and almost everything was  in Australia.... But I went for North America. 
But Sweden I found out. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 13, 2013 5:41 pm  #4

That was quite fun. I got 11670 points. I had two in Canada, one in North America, one in Mexico and two in Brazil.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 13, 2013 6:32 pm  #5

Oh! I remember this last time. I was in Hong Kong I think. I'm going to have a proper go when I've got a bit of time spare. I am acting as unpaid taxi serive tonight!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 13, 2013 6:47 pm  #6

Nice of you, Dav! I hope you won't poison anyone.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 15, 2013 1:00 pm  #7

This is graet. Second time I got 14000 Points! Would have been even more if I hadn't cofused Italy with South America. Once I had a sign with the name of a village, I guessed 0.7 Km close. :D

May 15, 2013 3:03 pm  #8

You got 9375 points in total.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera