BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 7, 2013 5:45 pm  #61

Re: Little Favour (short film)

SusiGo wrote:

Or he wanted to save them money. 

I had that exact thought Susi!

How sweet, Ben's using his own clothes to save funds for the production.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 7, 2013 6:15 pm  #62

This is so much better than the first trailer, cannot wait to part with my money!  But what's this frozen Han Solo thing, please? 

October 7, 2013 6:34 pm  #63

LOL Frozen Han Solo thing? I thought it was a child. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 7, 2013 6:51 pm  #64

Actually, I was reminded of the frozen Han Solo, as well.

I liked the teaser trailer very much, it didn't give a whole lot away, and that made it so interesting. The editing in combination with the music was great!
This trailer now still leaves a lot unsaid... okay, we see a lot more of Benedict. And at first I wasn't sure about the blue shirt, but now that you guys have mentioned it, as well...   

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 7, 2013 6:52 pm  #65

Sorry, I am not a Star Wars fan so I didn't know about Han Solo. 

But I know my blue shirts, that's for sure. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 7, 2013 8:04 pm  #66

SusiGo wrote:

But I know my blue shirts, that's for sure. 

And that is so much more important than Star Wars, obviously!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

October 7, 2013 8:09 pm  #67

SusiGo wrote:

Kerkerian wrote:

After its release, there'll be so many Sherlock video manips! Yay!

Here is one already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HuWS3kgj3E

I know I'm repeating myself here, but: Oh hell, this looks soooo good!

October 8, 2013 1:18 am  #68

So, how many times have you watched it?  *giggle*

I suck at screen caps but I would trade a box a biscuts for one of that last shot where he lays an upper cut on some dude.   Seems he still had his Kahn arms.  *drool*

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 8, 2013 9:32 am  #69

tonnaree wrote:

So, how many times have you watched it?  *giggle*

Uhm, once or twice. Okay, maybe several times. Maybe... six or ten times? Well. You get the picture.

October 8, 2013 1:59 pm  #70

I think I'll watch it again.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 8, 2013 2:54 pm  #71

I really wonder about the arms. Do you remember how thin he was at the London premiere of STID in May? And, bang, some weeks later they make this film and he has biceps like that. 

October 8, 2013 3:41 pm  #72

Well, for us it's "work out after work". For them it is part of their work. So... 

God, I have to watch that video again.....

Last edited by Mattlocked (October 8, 2013 3:42 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 8, 2013 4:18 pm  #73

SusiGo wrote:

I really wonder about the arms. Do you remember how thin he was at the London premiere of STID in May? And, bang, some weeks later they make this film and he has biceps like that. 

His general thin-ness is so much a part of the whole "come to me, baby, I'm going to take care of you" appeal that it's surprising to see what's underneath those tight suits.
Apparently, he's very much made of muscles. Hmmmm... to quote Jayne from Firefly: "I'll be in my bunk."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

October 8, 2013 4:29 pm  #74

Okay, so the slim suits are just made to deceive the ladies. 
But you are right. In the sheet scene he looks surprisingly muscular, too. 

October 8, 2013 4:59 pm  #75

SusiGo wrote:

Okay, so the slim suits are just made to deceive the ladies. 
But you are right. In the sheet scene he looks surprisingly muscular, too. 

Yes, he does. Nothing at all how I'd pictured naked Sherlock before- I mean, if I had pictured naked Sherlock, which of course I didn't.
*Sigh*
Gotta love those suits... back to the topic, though. He's also driving in this movie, which I'm really looking forward to- I've got a thing for attractive men on horseback (hello, Aragorn...and Jamie Steward, of course) and for attractive men driving cars as long as I also like the respective cars, so hm hm, looking forward to that. I loved the fact that Sherlock was driving in HoB, though I'm still not convinced he's got a license.

Now, not that I want to be getting on your collective nerves, but has anyone begun to write a fanfic about those first few seconds of the trailer by any chance? Anyone?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

October 8, 2013 5:09 pm  #76

Sorry, I'd love to, but I have other things that must be written. So sorry. Is there no way to ask around on ff.net or AO3? 

October 8, 2013 5:12 pm  #77

Yeah, maybe that's an idea...
No need to feel sorry, though, thank you anyway!

October 8, 2013 5:36 pm  #78

Kerkerian wrote:

He's also driving in this movie, which I'm really looking forward to- I've got a thing for attractive men on horseback (hello, Aragorn...and Jamie Steward, of course) and for attractive men driving cars as long as I also like the respective cars, so hm hm, looking forward to that.

So what do you think about Benedict driving that Jaguar in that little Jaguar promo film? I'm sure you've seen it...?

October 8, 2013 6:04 pm  #79

SolarSystem wrote:

Kerkerian wrote:

He's also driving in this movie, which I'm really looking forward to- I've got a thing for attractive men on horseback (hello, Aragorn...and Jamie Steward, of course) and for attractive men driving cars as long as I also like the respective cars, so hm hm, looking forward to that.

So what do you think about Benedict driving that Jaguar in that little Jaguar promo film? I'm sure you've seen it...?

Yeah, I have! And considering that I've been dreaming of a vintage (well, 80's) Jaguar for a long time now, I can only say one thing: rrrwwwaaaarrrr....

October 9, 2013 4:23 pm  #80

Bloody hell... now that gives you a good, long look at his arms...

(credit: http://cumberbuddy.tumblr.com/ )

Board footera