BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 12, 2013 9:58 am  #1

Little Favour (short film)

At the beginning of June Benedict will be doing a short film called "Little Favour" produced by himself and his good friend Adam Ackland among others. The financing is done by way of this campaign:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/little-favour--3

I don't know if the whole project is financed this way or just part of it. I'd be interested to hear what you think about this. My first thought was: They should have enough money to pay this from their own pockets. On the other hand it's a way for fans to participate in the making of a film. When I saw this page some days ago contributions were 5,000. In the afternoon they already amounted to 11,000 and now it more than 70,000 pounds. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 12, 2013 10:21 am  #2

Re: Little Favour (short film)

" is an action packed short thriller starring Benedict Cumberbatch (Star Trek Into The Darkness, Sherlock)... "

Oh. In this order. This is hard. (And I guess it will be like that from now on...) 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 12, 2013 10:31 am  #3

No, it won't. Of that I'm sure. He won't allow himself to be typecast. I'm so looking forward to the Turing project which will be totally different. And there's still the possibility of the Brian Epstein biography. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 12, 2013 10:39 am  #4

Crap! The 5.000,00 donations are already sold out! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 12, 2013 10:41 am  #5

What a pity. Maybe they'll make an exception for you. 

May 12, 2013 11:05 am  #6

"Its been 7 years since he left Her Majesty's service and 10 years since the American Counter part who became his friend, saved his life on a joint mission in Iraq. He's migrated his skill set into a lucrative business while managing to keep his secret battle with PTSD under wraps."

That reminds me of something ... but I think that was Afghanistan and not Iraq.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

May 12, 2013 11:18 am  #7

I love short films. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 12, 2013 11:32 am  #8

I hope it'll be as good as "Inseparable". 

May 12, 2013 11:42 am  #9

Do I get it right that they have already almost 3 times the money that they had intended?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 12, 2013 11:50 am  #10

Indeed. They said it will buy them a whole additional day of filming. 

May 12, 2013 12:13 pm  #11

The extra should help with extra promotion of the film once it is made. Pitch Black Heist is another great/award winning short if you haven't seen it (not Benedict but rather lovely actors all the same). Here's a link if you want to watch (hope it works outside UK). Bear with the Irish accents eh!

http://www.film4.com/whats-on/2012/pitch-black-heist

Last edited by Davina (May 12, 2013 12:14 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 31, 2013 9:35 am  #12

Filming starts tomorrow. 

May 31, 2013 9:50 am  #13

Thanks for the update. 

June 5, 2013 11:37 am  #14

Benedict Cumberbatch talks about the progress of this project:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wY5s3Jskio&feature=player_embedded

June 8, 2013 9:42 pm  #15

Couldn't believe my eyes:

Adam Ackland ‏@adamackland 8h
@BenDillon_ @nowthing @nigelsoundspeed  #LittleFavour #teaser #notastuntdouble pic.twitter.com/kte0Yx98sN

June 8, 2013 9:47 pm  #16

Interesting...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 8, 2013 9:50 pm  #17

Well...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 8, 2013 10:21 pm  #18

SusiGo wrote:

Couldn't believe my eyes:

Adam Ackland ‏@adamackland 8h
@BenDillon_ @nowthing @nigelsoundspeed #LittleFavour #teaser #notastuntdouble pic.twitter.com/kte0Yx98sN

You now have my full attention.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 8, 2013 10:22 pm  #19

...I am not the only one around who's staring at the bum, right?

Last edited by Schmiezi (June 8, 2013 10:22 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 8, 2013 10:30 pm  #20

Schmiezi wrote:

...I am not the only one around who's staring at the bum, right?

Hardly.  

If they both weren't covered in blood and sweat that position they are in would be very sexy.

Well, ok, it's sexy anyway.   The way that dude is holding Ben's leg!   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera