BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 10, 2013 8:49 am  #1

How to personalize your iphone?

I finally made it out of the Midlle Ages. I'm proud owner of a (used but still lovely) iphone and can't wait to get my sim-card plus contract today.

So, dear other smartphone owners, how do I Sherlock my iphone?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 10, 2013 10:36 am  #2

Re: How to personalize your iphone?

You look at Google "Sherlock iphone hardcase", pictures, aaaaaand´.... buy!
Then you go via your iphone to some app-store and search for "Sherlock".
Then you search for "I AM SHERLOCKED.jpg" via Google and copy it onto your iPhone. You will use it as background for your screen. ;-)

And so on.

Have fun!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 10, 2013 3:46 pm  #3

Schmiezi wrote:

I finally made it out of the Midlle Ages. I'm proud owner of a (used but still lovely) iphone and can't wait to get my sim-card plus contract today.

So, dear other smartphone owners, how do I Sherlock my iphone?

Does anyone really own a smartphone? Seems a bit the other way around...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 10, 2013 5:18 pm  #4

I am not fully owned by my smartphone, yet. But by my computer. 

May 10, 2013 8:10 pm  #5

My smartphone and me are currently fighting each other for control. Not sure who will win...

Thank you, Matti, I'll get to it right away!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 11, 2013 7:50 am  #6

There is one app from the app store with which you can receive live British TV (and American, Italian, French and lots of others). It´s free and if you have apple tv you can even stream it on your TV. You need a fast internet connection for this (if you want see Sherlock live e.g. )

May 11, 2013 7:54 am  #7

anjaH_alias wrote:

There is one app from the app store with which you can receive live British TV (and American, Italian, French and lots of others). It´s free and if you have apple tv you can even stream it on your TV. You need a fast internet connection for this (if you want see Sherlock live e.g. )

May 11, 2013 8:02 am  #8

You have it, too?

May 11, 2013 8:04 am  #9

Not yet, but it's quite some time until S3...

At the moment, I'm completely busy making my wlan to accept the iphone and stuff. It's my first smartphone, so I'm a bit obverwhelmed.

May 11, 2013 8:09 am  #10

I fully understand you. Got my (first) smart phone some weeks ago and I think I was in the same situation then. But don't worry, in no time you will get used to it. Found out it's not as complicated as I thought it would be. 

May 11, 2013 8:17 am  #11

It's just lots of new stuff at once. But I love it already. It's an old one, so my pupils will still make fun of me, but never mind. It's only a shame that I can't find the hardcover I've fallen in love with (I am Johnlocked) for it.

May 11, 2013 8:20 am  #12

Luckily i had already the phone and a Hd tv. So for my sherlock obsession i just had to buy that little black box. And upgrade my wifi which costs me even 2 euro less each month because my old standard contract was very old. So, i see, we are all prepared then (lots of thanks again to the international teachers of my son )...

May 11, 2013 8:25 am  #13

Which iphone do you have? At least for apple tv and AirPlay you need the 4s, that first one with Siri. Or are you going to watch sherlock on that small display (which is better than nothing, btw)?

May 11, 2013 8:29 am  #14

I've got 3g, so no iphone Sherlock for me then.

May 11, 2013 8:54 am  #15

Wait! I was just in the bath and had an idea . A simple HDMI cable, connecting your phone with the tv could maybe work as well. I never tried that but that was my first idea ages ago. If not you could come to Berlin then

May 11, 2013 11:05 am  #16

anjaH_alias wrote:

Wait! I was just in the bath and had an idea . A simple HDMI cable, connecting your phone with the tv could maybe work as well. I never tried that but that was my first idea ages ago. If not you could come to Berlin then

It's been ages since I've been to Berlin, great idea!

I think when the airing of S3 comes closer we should discuss a meet-up anyway. No-one should watch it alone.

Board footera