BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 29, 2013 5:34 pm  #141

Re: Star Trek (spoilers - for those who've seen it already)

I really would like to know what the people are like that he holds most dear. Maybe he's even had some kind of love interest back then, do you think? (Time to check out on some fan fiction)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 29, 2013 7:01 pm  #142

Mary Me wrote:

Yeah, that coat was a strike of genius. And I still can't get over his first appearance on screen. And have you seen his name in the end credits? 

The whole time sitting in the theatre, the commercials, trailers etc, and then when the movie started...I sat there patiently waiting for Benedict to show up...well, maybe I wasn't that "patient" . When he finally showed up I smiled insanely wide and could barely breathe...seriously, dat voice...hypnotic to say the least . And then of course when the movie finished, I kept an eye out for his name, and once I saw that...I smile again and clapped, 'twas awesome 

@MysteriaSleuthbedder. And yeah, he really was a great Khan. I would like to see more of him, there's a lot to his character they could explore, his crew included. Like you said, there was something to his character that reminded me of Frankensteins monster, which is why I felt such compassion for him. Really he's the kind of "villain" I like, one you can truly sympathize with, who maybe if things were differen't...wouldn't even be a villain. 

-------------------------------------------------------

June 11, 2013 12:30 am  #143

Interesting post comparing the two Khans:

http://www.startrek.com/article/one-trek-mind-komparing-khans

Be sure to read the comments section under Related News announcements, too. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 11, 2013 2:03 am  #144

My husband and I are both life long Trek Geeks.  He was very dissapointed in the movie but I loved it.  
Husband felt that it would have been better with a more original story line.  I enjoyed the new look at the Kahn legend and the "mirroring" of certain iconic moments.

I also found myslef feeling a sympathy for this version of Kahn that I didn't in the original movie.  You understand his motivations even if you don't agree with his methods.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 15, 2013 12:16 am  #145

oooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmggggggggggggggg

I am freaking OUT! Just got back from seeing it. I mean, if I was a little bit tipsy on Ben before, I am fully DRUNK now! Drunk on cheekbones, unruly hair, long black coats and the voice of a freakin angel. 

I can't...I can't even...I just can't.

Did he have any lines that *weren't* double entendres? The part where he says "I'm better" and Kirk says "At what?" and he's like "Everything." AAAAAAAAAAAAhAHAHAHAHA. Here's a short list of things he's better than everyone in the world at:
Speaking
Running
Jumping
Fighting
Thinking
Wearing coats
Being a bad-ass
Crying
Manipulating
Having perfect hair
Having messed up hair

I may never forgive JJ Abrams for cutting the shower scene. Like, for realz. 

I absolutely freaking loved all his clothes, as someone else mentioned. The coats! Oh my gosh. The one on Kronos was stunning, but then he randomly picks up another one while *running* through the streets of San Francisco trying to disguise himself, and it just *happens* to be another long, dark, sexy, tall-collared masterpiece that makes him look extra sinister/mysterious. Thank you, wardrobe department. Thank. You. 

I'm not even sure if I liked the movie or not. Like seriously, I don't know, because all I could focus on was his pretty, pretty face. I think it was alright. Acutally, there were like 7 million plot holes, as always with sci fi movies, but who cares! Ben looked hot! Like, 100% of the time! 

#fangirlingout

June 15, 2013 12:45 am  #146

UGH!  Sorry, I was on my mobile phone when I posted and most of my original text was lost :/  What I meant to write was that I think he's wearing a silver coat in the fight with Spock- but he's hot no matter what he wears, lol.

Last edited by sj4iy (June 15, 2013 4:19 am)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

June 15, 2013 6:29 am  #147

See this is what happens when you focus on Benedict.
I've only just noticed just how hot Zach is in that shot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 15, 2013 7:32 am  #148

I tell you what, the stunt doubles aren't shabby either! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 15, 2013 8:11 am  #149

Merry wrote:

I can't...I can't even...I just can't.

Precisely.

June 15, 2013 8:45 am  #150

besleybean wrote:

That's why you have to watch it 4 times at least. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 15, 2013 8:48 am  #151

Mattlocked wrote:

besleybean wrote:

That's why you have to watch it 4 times at least.

Actually, I did. But - were there really other guys in it apart from Benedict?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 15, 2013 8:49 am  #152

I can't tell.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 15, 2013 11:18 am  #153

sj4iy wrote:

UGH!  Sorry, I was on my mobile phone when I posted and most of my original text was lost :/  What I meant to write was that I think he's wearing a silver coat in the fight with Spock- but he's hot no matter what he wears, lol.

The guy behind Benedict is clearly not the real

But honestly, I miss that movie so much. Can't wait for the Blue Ray to air. 

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 15, 2013 2:24 pm  #154

I'm dying for the DVD as well, so I can ffwd through all the non-Benedict parts (although Scotty is fabulous). 

Has anyone else seen those videos on YouTube "everything wrong with [insert movie] in less than 4 minutes"? I can't wait for them to do one on this movie. Not to be negative about it, I really did enjoy it, but as a super geeky trekkie, I did think there were some plot holes. For one thing, WHY ON EARTH WOULD HE SMUGGLE HIS CREW INSIDE TORPEDOS? What exactly was the plan there? Seems more than a teensy bit dangerous. 

June 15, 2013 7:13 pm  #155

Merry wrote:

Not to be negative about it, I really did enjoy it, but as a super geeky trekkie, I did think there were some plot holes. For one thing, WHY ON EARTH WOULD HE SMUGGLE HIS CREW INSIDE TORPEDOS? What exactly was the plan there? Seems more than a teensy bit dangerous. 

Maybe that was the best- okay let's say 'only' way to hide his crew. I wasn't even trying to get the plot in detail but... umm... I'm sure he had his reasons 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 15, 2013 7:58 pm  #156

Mary Me wrote:

Merry wrote:

Not to be negative about it, I really did enjoy it, but as a super geeky trekkie, I did think there were some plot holes. For one thing, WHY ON EARTH WOULD HE SMUGGLE HIS CREW INSIDE TORPEDOS? What exactly was the plan there? Seems more than a teensy bit dangerous. 

Maybe that was the best- okay let's say 'only' way to hide his crew. I wasn't even trying to get the plot in detail but... umm... I'm sure he had his reasons 

Lol, thanks, that actually helps. I think I'll choose to believe it was LITERALLY THE ONLY OPTION IN THE UNIVERSE. Wish they could have snuck a line in there about it. 

Can we talk about how sexy it was when Kirk was hitting him and he was just standing there? Is that wrong, that I was turned on by that? And by the part where he asks Kirk if he wants to hit him "over and over..."  Alright, I'm going to go seek professional help.

June 15, 2013 8:46 pm  #157

Merry wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

Merry wrote:

Lol, thanks, that actually helps. I think I'll choose to believe it was LITERALLY THE ONLY OPTION IN THE UNIVERSE. Wish they could have snuck a line in there about it. 

Can we talk about how sexy it was when Kirk was hitting him and he was just standing there? Is that wrong, that I was turned on by that? And by the part where he asks Kirk if he wants to hit him "over and over..."  Alright, I'm going to go seek professional help.

I think it's a convenient moment to tell you that I sat there chuckling in my seat when Khan was taking over the ship and hitting Kirk to the ground. God, I love that bit. I'm going to play that scene over and over again as soon as I've got the DVD.
Noo, there's nothing wrong with us. All of Khan's actions were incredibly sexy and awesome and gorgeous and adorable and... 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 16, 2013 12:33 am  #158

Mary Me wrote:

Merry wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

I think it's a convenient moment to tell you that I sat there chuckling in my seat when Khan was taking over the ship and hitting Kirk to the ground. God, I love that bit. I'm going to play that scene over and over again as soon as I've got the DVD.
Noo, there's nothing wrong with us. All of Khan's actions were incredibly sexy and awesome and gorgeous and adorable and... 

breathtaking...tantalizing...superb...sexy cheekbony...cool...calm....catlike...brave...

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

June 16, 2013 1:50 am  #159

Mary Me wrote:

Merry wrote:

Khan designed the huge Starship that he later crashed in.  That ship could be piloted by a single perosn, if necessary.  It seems to me that he designed it for himself, that he was planning to steal it after the new torpedoes he also designed were loaded aboard. Khan then has the only "Dreadnought class" Starship, (I'm assuming he would have destroyed all copies of his plans so they couldn't build another, besides bombing the facility out of existence.) his crew of 72 and his advanced weaponry. 

What would he do, then?  Maybe simply escape and look for a home for himself and his people.  Possibly make war on folks, but that is unclear in the new timeline.  But he was discovered before he could complete his mission.. 

Admiral Marcus was the real villain.  ^^^That's my hero. 

June 16, 2013 5:12 pm  #160

Mary Me wrote:

Merry wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

Hahaha, I don't know about adorable, but definitely all those other things  

I'm really appreciating this video on the Youtubes: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW8JQu23CXo

All of Khan's velvet-voiced emotionally gooey goodness packed into one scene. He looks absolutely beautiful. Also, I would like to "exploit his savagery" if you know what I mean.

Board footera