BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 13, 2013 12:09 pm  #261

Re: Star Trek (spoilers - for those who've seen it already)

tonnaree wrote:

Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend. *swoon*

...wash his hair???

Last edited by SolarSystem (September 13, 2013 5:12 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 13, 2013 3:56 pm  #262

SolarSystem wrote:

, tonnaree.

And I think when he's talking while they're washing his hair, you once again get a teensy glimpse of his lisp, if you look and listen closely.

You do?

*makes mental note to watch again* 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 13, 2013 7:19 pm  #263

Hey, thanks!!  I was wondering what extra that little dance gif we saw was on.  Whole thing is adorable.

And ok, so I cheated a little... if the companies are going to make me decide (well, maybe I shouldn't be annoyed at them, as I heard it was a Bad Robot choice) between what version....  grumble....   you get to the point where as a fan you excitedly want to see all that cool stuff, but not worth jumping through hoops for, especially if you can see some of it online.  And especially if, unfortunately, you must admit some 'featurettes' they tack onto movies don't have a whole lot of substance.   So was browsing what I could on youtube, and seems like the 'main' big ones included on the standard blu-ray are indeed the best/important ones, so probably not going to bother with the 'special' Target/Best Buy.  Sucks, though...  I know they want to show us some of the stuff behind such a visually beautiful film, but they really could have combined a lot, or not left out some of the 'typical' add-ons big movies include, such as the outtakes and deleted scenes we -really- love to watch....  especially since only Best Buy got the 'Safety First' one!   

Maybe if any of you got versions from those stores, you can just tell us about it. 
I'll just be over here watching Benedict dancing.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

September 13, 2013 8:17 pm  #264

I'd actually be interested if there might be a really good behind-the-scenes-special on one of those editions. The two featurettes on my dvd are each just about five minutes long, that's not too great. And I have to admit that I'd expect at least one really good special on a dvd/blue-ray from an Abrams-movie. You can see from all those short featurettes that there obviously has been a lot going on behind the scenes, and I'd be great if they made a special with a bit more substance out of that. AND I'd love to see some outtakes...!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

September 13, 2013 9:37 pm  #265

SolarSystem wrote:

I'd actually be interested if there might be a really good behind-the-scenes-special on one of those editions. The two featurettes on my dvd are each just about five minutes long, that's not too great. And I have to admit that I'd expect at least one really good special on a dvd/blue-ray from an Abrams-movie. You can see from all those short featurettes that there obviously has been a lot going on behind the scenes, and I'd be great if they made a special with a bit more substance out of that. AND I'd love to see some outtakes...!

Exactly what I was saying!!  Seriously!   Even the previous Star Trek got a cutely hilarious blooper reel and deleted scenes (on the blu-ray).  And all of the retailer-featurettes look really short, too, basically just going 'here, have a tiny glimpse of the amazing work that went into this set/music/scene'.  At least someone posted 'Safety First' on youtube... that's the closest thing to an outtake, it seems... shame, since it's evident people love seeing the work/goofy camaraderie being done on set.  Eh, well... not to sound like I'm complaining about the 'main' featurettes, since they are cool, especially considering the work done for the Red Planet and asteroids/fight scenes.  Maybe eventually someone will put up the whole things online so we can see what we missed, and studios will have heard us out for next time?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

September 16, 2013 4:24 pm  #266

It's here!! 

September 29, 2013 3:55 pm  #267

I watched it for the first time today! I am now silently fangirling over his voice and hair

"I'm not a phycopath, Anderson, I'm a high- funcioning sociopath, do your research."

September 29, 2013 7:13 pm  #268

Cumbercookie wrote:

I watched it for the first time today! I am now silently fangirling over his voice and hair

...........and the pants, don't forget the pants.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 29, 2013 7:15 pm  #269

How could we?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 29, 2013 8:05 pm  #270

tonnaree wrote:

Cumbercookie wrote:

...........and the pants, don't forget the pants.

Gloriously tight pants....*drools* 

-------------------------------------------------------

September 29, 2013 8:17 pm  #271

Oh tonnaree, not that pic again, now I won't get any sleep once again.

September 29, 2013 8:22 pm  #272

Sex Pants

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

September 29, 2013 8:53 pm  #273

The Black Pants of Sex, maybe?

September 29, 2013 8:57 pm  #274

Oh yes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 16, 2013 11:56 am  #275

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 16, 2013 3:28 pm  #276

Oh, the poor artist who had to decide which colour to use for the eyes!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 17, 2013 7:27 am  #277

Very good.

October 21, 2013 8:38 pm  #278

Finally i saw "Star Trek Into Darkness" this weekend, i wasn't expecting a masterpiece ( well it's a J.J. Abrams movie with the writers of Fringe after all...) but what a disappointment. A two hours movie and i feel like nothing really interesting happens, a big budget for special effects but for the script it was the big discount. The worst was Kirk, for example the guy give two or three kicks and a nuclear engine goes on, hooray ! Come on... ridiculous. And even after the radioactivity he's still not dead, too bad... (sorry i really don't like the guy lol). The character played by Simon Pegg was annoying too (more than in the first movie). And why killing Bruce Greenwood at the beginning ? Why ?!! Damn i like this actor ! lol The part played by Benedict Cumberbatch was good but the motive of his character was not very well explain. I mean i forget the explanation, she is probably lost in the many explosions of the movie... 

Last edited by TicTacToe (October 21, 2013 8:39 pm)

October 21, 2013 10:44 pm  #279

I actually thought Khan's motives were very well explained, but the explaination is dotted throughout the film in various small conversations. Marcus was basically holding his entire crew (family) hostage so he was forced to do what Marcus wanted. He tried to get his crew out by smuggling them in the torpedoes but was caught and believed Marcus had killed his crew, so he went on the warpath. Understandable, really. That's why he surrendered when he learned that the Enterprise had all 72 torpedoes on board.

But the script actually wasn't particularly good. I fangirled over Benedict but most of the script had holes you could fly the Enterprise through. I also don't find Chris Pine overly convincing as Kirk. Not sure if that's Pine or the script - I mean, he's an arrogant, entitled brat most of the time and there are never consequences...really?

I see your points. I think the film probably makes more sense if you're familiar with the original series' and Khan episode/film. Zachary Quinto is very convincing as Spock (I wondered several times if they had to do multiple takes of a scene so he could keep a straight face!)

I disagree with you on Simon Pegg's character though. LOVE Scotty

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

October 22, 2013 4:44 am  #280

TicTacToe wrote:

The part played by Benedict Cumberbatch was good but the motive of his character was not very well explain. I mean i forget the explanation, she is probably lost in the many explosions of the movie... 

I actually think the motives of Khan (you know, the guy played by Benedict Cumberbatch?) were explained quite extensively and even more touchingly by himself (you know, the scene in the holding cell... I mean, come on, a tear running down his face and stuff...?), and also by Admiral Marcus (you know, the other baddie with that really big ship?). I don't think that you need to know anymore than that.

As for Scotty (you know, the guy played by Simon Pegg? Scotty, as in "Beam me up, Scotty!"?), I tend to agree. I don't really know where all this is coming from, it's a bit too much of everything for my taste... too twitchy, too much comic relief, I don't know. I really like Simon Pegg, but I don't see a lot of Scotty there.

Board footera