BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 13, 2013 9:45 pm  #201

Re: Star Trek (spoilers - for those who've seen it already)

Benedict's performance in STID was brilliant! It was the best movie I have seen in a while The first time I saw it I wasn't a Trekkie fan, the only reason I saw it was because Benny was in it Then I began to watch more and more of it and I fell in love with it. Benny was the best villain I have ever seen The one scene when he is in the jail is beautiful, "Is there anything you wouldn't do for your family?" I loved that!! And Benny's ability to cry on queue is brilliant!!! The way he carried himself throughout the movie showed that he had power and strength. The ending fight scene with Spock was excellent and I loved how John Harrison isn't indestuctible, Spock was able to beat him. I am also so glad that they didn't kill him I hope to see him in another Star Trek movie, probably not this one, but maybe the next one I can't wait till the movie will be out on DVD, I'll probably watch it everyday just to see Benny's face Also that one part where he crushes Marcus' head, the first time I saw that I was like "Okay." Then when I saw it again I couldn't help but smile I loved STID and I could watch it a thousand times and never get tired of it Benny's performance was magnificent!!!! Live Long and Prosper. Keep Khan and Kling On. 

------------------------------------------------------------------
-Mystie Holmes

When you walk with Sherlock Holmes you see the battlefield.-M.H.

Are you ready for the story?-J.M. xx

Pray give my greetings to Mrs. Watson, and believe me to be, my dear fellow, 
Very sincerely yours,
Sherlock Holmes

July 14, 2013 9:34 am  #202

People keep saying that they shouldn't bring Benedict in the next movie, but to wait a skip one or even two before having his character re-introduced. The problem is that given time gaps between the movies, the next one will be probably in 3 years (2016, 50th anniversary of ST) and the one after it (if they will make it) around 2019-2020. I am not saying that BC will be too old to play a kick ass by then, but still...

July 14, 2013 11:14 am  #203

miriel68 wrote:

People keep saying that they shouldn't bring Benedict in the next movie, but to wait a skip one or even two before having his character re-introduced. The problem is that given time gaps between the movies, the next one will be probably in 3 years (2016, 50th anniversary of ST) and the one after it (if they will make it) around 2019-2020. I am not saying that BC will be too old to play a kick ass by then, but still...

I don't get why people think it's a bad idea... I'd love to see Benedict in the next Star Trek movie

The Road goes ever on and on...

July 14, 2013 2:21 pm  #204

According to Zachary, they're filming 3 next year and it won't take as long to film as 2.  I definitely want to see Benedict in it...preferabl;y in very close contact with Zachary( sorry, I'll shut up and go away now!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 14, 2013 5:33 pm  #205

besleybean wrote:

According to Zachary, they're filming 3 next year and it won't take as long to film as 2.  I definitely want to see Benedict in it...preferabl;y in very close contact with Zachary( sorry, I'll shut up and go away now!)

Oh, I see we have a Spockson shipper here. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 25, 2013 8:43 pm  #206

an inside joke   

Last edited by Ivy (July 25, 2013 8:44 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

July 25, 2013 8:51 pm  #207

Yay!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 30, 2013 2:21 pm  #208

Interesting, this talk about a third ST movie. Is Abrams supposed to do this? I thought he is off to do Star Wars now and did not really expect him to return to Star Trek at all. Seems I've missed something here...

edit: Okay, I just saw on the Internet Movie Database that ST3 is announced for 2016, they only mention Abrams as producer. We'll see.

Last edited by SolarSystem (July 30, 2013 2:23 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 3, 2013 2:15 am  #209

Just got back from seeing it again. 
I have been a Trekkie all my life but this is the first movie where I spend my time going, when can we get back to the bad guy!

Sweet dreams for me!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 3, 2013 6:05 am  #210

You know when I watched Reichenbach again last night...it ws the 1st time I really saw John Harrison in Sherlock: on the Bart's roof scene.

August 3, 2013 11:36 am  #211

besleybean wrote:

You know when I watched Reichenbach again last night...it ws the 1st time I really saw John Harrison in Sherlock: on the Bart's roof scene.

Dayum. Alright, I am going to have to break down and just watch it (RB) again. That is just a mind-blowing idea...

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

August 3, 2013 11:43 am  #212

besleybean wrote:

You are exactly right! There is one short moment when he really looks like Khan.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 3, 2013 10:26 pm  #213

Good film. Benedict was brilliant.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

August 4, 2013 5:21 am  #214

He is absolutely mesmerizing in every scene he's in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 19, 2013 5:22 pm  #215

I'm reading all the 15 pages of this topic but if I wait to finish to post it will take forever (I'm at work so I have to read between different tasks)

I didn't know (almost) anything about Star Trek until a few months ago when I decided to watch the first JJ Abrams film so I wouldn't be totally clueless when STID was released... and I loved it. I couldn't believe I hadn't seen it on the theater when it came out in 2009 because I truly enjoyed and I even bought the Bluray to watch it every time I wanted. I especially loved Zachary Quinto's Spock and his bromance with Kirk. And for the first time in very long time I started shipping a m/f couple, Spock/Uhura. 

So, as I said when I introduced myself, I live literally at the world's end. That means that STID only opened last Thursday (August 15th) in this fogotten corner of the galaxy  

O.M.G.

Benedict. In 3D. 

The hair. The body. The voice. Did I mentioned THE BODY?

I liked the movie. A lot. It was fun and it had a lot of Spock which I loved. But BENEDICT!!! He is in another league completely. He is so scary! I mean, Benny, the nicest person ever. It's scary! And he didn't have those many lines but when he speaks... the world stops and listens. 

As someone mentioned before the biggest confrontation isn't between Kirk and Khan but between Spock and Khan. I think that's due two reasons: 1) Spock is a much more intelligent and deeper character than Kirk and 2) Zachary Quinto is a more talented actor than Chris Pine and his performance has a lot more weight's than Pine's. 

So, yeah, loved the movie and the Bluray is already pre-ordered but I can't belive JJ cut the best scene of the film:

Now I will continue reading your posts. Mrs. Watson out.

August 19, 2013 7:29 pm  #216

Davina wrote:

Here is the funniest FAQ Star Trek into Darkness piece. I liked the film and thought it was a great piece of entertainment but I have to say this made me laugh out loud several times. Very, very funny! Full of spoilers.

http://www.io9.com/star-trek-into-darkness-the-spoiler-faq-508927844

LMAO!!!

August 19, 2013 7:47 pm  #217

MysteriaSleuthbedder wrote:

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

The reboot is not going to stop me from watching any future Star Trek movies--epecially if Benedict appears again!--but it might take me a long time to get used to the new order in the universe. 

I say we just have a John Harrison spin off:

♥♥♥ Awwwwwww!! ♥♥♥

August 19, 2013 8:07 pm  #218

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

I know he was supposed to be the villain (and quite frankly I think the head Starfleet guy was worse, I would get into why I think that but this post is dedicated to...well, you know who ...

I agree, Marcus was much worse because Khan at least had selfless motives behind his vengeance. What he did was terrible but he wanted to save his "family" and they had been enslaved and exploited and then discarded as trash. Even if you don't agree with his actions you understand where he comes from. He was actually designed to respond with violence, so you can't expect him to act in any other way. Marcus on the other hand, is a f*****g bastard who only want power for himself no matter who he hurts in the way. 

August 19, 2013 8:21 pm  #219

Mary Me wrote:

Ahaha, it's an amazing picture indeed.
But I can only think of: 

Khan: Because I am better.
Kirk: At what?
Khan: Everything.
John: And that's as modest as he gets!

hahahahahahahahahahaha 

August 19, 2013 9:18 pm  #220

Ivy wrote:

an inside joke   

OMG! I can't stop LMAO every time I watch that part on the Graham Norton show 

Board footera