BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 9, 2013 8:20 pm  #1

Star Trek (spoilers - for those who've seen it already)

As suggested by m0riarty here's a thread for those who've seen the film and wish to discuss it in detail. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 9, 2013 9:07 pm  #2

Re: Star Trek (spoilers - for those who've seen it already)

Good idea!

Shall we.......... begin? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 9, 2013 9:09 pm  #3

Some random thoughts: Voice. Hair. Eyes. Body. BAMF. Sorry for being a bit incoherent. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 9, 2013 9:12 pm  #4

Not very spoilerish though. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 9, 2013 9:14 pm  #5

Okay, so let's talk more deeply about John Harrison aka Khan, a superhuman genetically manipulated being taking revenge on Starfleet and getting deep frozen in the end after having unwillingly saved Kirk's life. 

May 9, 2013 9:21 pm  #6

Yes, hot looking though deep-frozen...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 9, 2013 9:23 pm  #7

I hope they'll defrost him in the near future. 
Mattlocked, was that spoilerish enough? Tell the story of STID in one sentence. 

May 9, 2013 9:25 pm  #8

I think you missed that everybody is crying. Sooner or later. 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 9, 2013 9:28 pm  #9

Sorry, forgot this one: Kirk, Spock, Scotty, Uhura and Benedict (of course, what he be without that?) are all welling up some time or other. But then ST has always been about feelings and (not only) about action in space. 

May 9, 2013 9:32 pm  #10

What is welling up? My dictionary suggested "swelling up"     

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 9, 2013 9:35 pm  #11

It means getting tears in your eyes. 

May 9, 2013 9:38 pm  #12

(Thanks, I'd prefer "swelling up", though  )

May 9, 2013 9:43 pm  #13

I'm getting worried, Harriet. Are you feeling well? 

May 9, 2013 9:45 pm  #14

Never felt better    - time to get back to topic, my stuff is nothing but the unofficial subtext 

Last edited by Harriet (May 9, 2013 9:47 pm)

May 9, 2013 9:48 pm  #15

I'm relieved to hear that. I tell you what - why don't you get your reader, to go bed and read about swelling up or whatever makes you happy. 

May 9, 2013 9:51 pm  #16

Splendid idea! 

May 9, 2013 9:54 pm  #17

Have fun. Sleep swell. 

May 9, 2013 10:24 pm  #18

SusiGo wrote:

Sorry, forgot this one: Kirk, Spock, Scotty, Uhura and Benedict (of course, what he be without that?) are all welling up some time or other. But then ST has always been about feelings and (not only) about action in space. 

Actually (after, *cough* watching it again tonight) Pike also cries (when he dies), and I'm sure that Bones has tears in his eyes just before seeiing the reanimated tribble. Carol Marcus also cried, it was when she was beamed off the Enterprise.

Actually, the only important ones who've never cried where Chekov and Sulu.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 10, 2013 7:01 am  #19

Oh, yes, wasn't sure about Pike. Chekov, Sulu, what's that? Not a single tear for your captain? 

May 10, 2013 7:11 am  #20

My husband found this (German) article yesterday. It basically says (with many complicated sentences) that the film ships Kirk and Spock.

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/feuilleton/kino/video-filmkritiken/video-filmkritik-fernreisende-mit-sternbeziehung-12174664.html

Went to see it again (purely for research of course) and must say: Yes, you CAN see Kirk as being in love with Spock. You don't have to, not at all, but if you ship them (which I don't) this film surely makes you happy.
Of course you have to bend your mind around the fact that Kirk was in bed with two feline girls at a time, but hey, some of us manage to bend their minds around Sarah and Jeanette as well...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera