BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 7, 2013 4:38 pm  #1

Cumberbatch Sausages - Male fans of Benedict Cumberbatch

Whilst the ladies of Sherlock fandom have Cumberbabes or Cumberbunnies or Cumber Collective to fall back upon I suggest we males take up our mantle in defiance of idolising a person in a primitive sexual fashion.

These are the dexies and gender equality is of paramount importance. If a woman may swoon then a man may...er, what is it we do anyway?...well we may at least accept that we appreciate an actor who epitomises a long held fictional hero of ours.

To this end I ask that all men who enjoy Sherlock or Benedict Cumbercatch in general name themselves Cumberbatch Sausages!

In a world where Steve Moffat is hounded by feminist dogs for not making a character in the image they perceive I think it's time we stood up and yelled "Sit down bitch! He at least does Sherlock well!"

Anyone want to join me in receiving death threats over Twitter?

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 7, 2013 9:59 pm  #2

Re: Cumberbatch Sausages - Male fans of Benedict Cumberbatch

That just made me laugh out loud! You certainly cut the mustard...an ideal accompaniment to any sausage, Cumberland or otherwise. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 8, 2013 12:57 pm  #3

We need more sausages!!

Sign up guys or forever be told you are not going to the pub to see your pals on a Friday night!

-m0r

May 8, 2013 1:12 pm  #4

This is hilarious. There must be some more. What about you, Dramagod? Tantalus?  And you could make your own board as well. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 8, 2013 1:25 pm  #5

I could set up a Cumberbatch Sausage section on the Cumberbabes forum - specifically for male fanboys.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 8, 2013 1:26 pm  #6

Brilliant idea. Get going, guys. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 8, 2013 1:28 pm  #7

I bagsy 10% finders fee!

-m0r

May 8, 2013 1:42 pm  #8

There's a Twitter account now! SherlockSausage.

Sod knows how to use it but it's there.

-m0r

May 8, 2013 1:47 pm  #9

'fraid not.

I stop short at idolizing anyone. I find his acting to be delightful, and enjoy hearing him speak (as I do most people with a British accent), but he still puts his pants (er, trousers) on one leg at a time. One of the greatest dysfunctional aspects of our modern society is that we put certain people on a pedastal, and our young people especially form a warped sense of reality and often end up thinking themselves "not special enough" because they don't look like the false heros Hollywood creates.

I would enjoy sitting down to dinner or tea with Benedict, but unless we particularly hit it off in conversation, I doubt there would be a follow-up. Unless he wanted input on future adaptations from the canon for Series 4. : )

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 8, 2013 2:02 pm  #10

Well stated Tantalus.

I'm just goading the feminists personally, swooning and idolising has long been a part of the human condition. Misogyny needs rebooted in this modern era.

-m0r

May 8, 2013 6:21 pm  #11

Not just what Hollywood creates but TV, magazines, advertising and much of the 'creative' media.

Oh goodie a Twitter account! Especially with that name! Should attract some 'interesting' tweets!

I admire Benedict for his dedication to his craft, his tenacity ( as fame has taken its time), his humour, modesty  and courtesy.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 8, 2013 6:57 pm  #12

I need to make an image of a sausage with a mop of hair and an upturned collar for that Twitter thingy.

-m0r

May 8, 2013 8:27 pm  #13

And a scarf? Just a thought...

May 9, 2013 12:07 am  #14

I've done a very basic sausage now, hopefully it's good enough or someone presents a better one for me to use.

-m0r

May 9, 2013 2:01 pm  #15

Not too much rusk, I hope!

May 9, 2013 2:10 pm  #16

All meat of course, you've got to remember this is the Sherlock we don't see.

-m0r

May 9, 2013 2:25 pm  #17

Beneath the skin you mean. Sherlock or Benedict? 

May 9, 2013 2:32 pm  #18

No it has to be Sherlock, Benedict's a fine chap by all accounts available to me and I'd not do him any disservice by mocking him. He's just the iconic actor who happens to play Sherlock and so his looks can be included but his meat is left uncooked.

-m0r

May 9, 2013 2:47 pm  #19

Err! Yeah! Could be rather cannibalistic otherwise. Anyway, the Tweets are being tweeted.

May 9, 2013 2:56 pm  #20

Someone might have to explain Twitter to me, when I click on 'connect' I see messages to me, but otherwise I don't?

-m0r

Board footera